Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F2P Forum Abilities

Can you explain to me the thought process behind hiding the F2P forum from non-registered users?

It would seem to me that the F2P players are the least likely to create a forum account, and as a result, unlikely to view/post in the F2P section. Does this make zero sense to anyone else?

Question

I am concerned about something though. Tyranny. As you saw with UsedTissue, you had to move his post to the Tyranny forums. I am also f2p so I can't post there either. My point: there would be more activity in the Tyranny forums if f2p could post in there. How are we to communicate with other players on Tyranny if we are not allowed to post in our own server's forum?
    Deathtalker pvp 6 Necro
    "Sshazina: I can only handle soo much dumb and the levee is full"
    May 25, 2008. Doomsayer.

Default Makes No Sense

F2P forum unable to be viewed unless you login ? Where's the sense in that ~ I'd post in Suggestion thread ~ but not allowed cause I'm F2P

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    This is working as intended.
    Please see Ophyra's response to your comment -Page 1 ; Please do better

Hello.
    I was quite shocked when I saw that as a F2P player I can only write in the Free to Play part and since I`m a new player this really quite discourages me on spending time in the forum. Plus, it kind of gives the feeling that F2P players aren`t as welcome as Premium players to write and communicate.
    And this feeling is strengthened by the fact of how deserted the Free to play part of the forum - at least in the German one - is.

I think that it wouldn`t be that bad if F2P players had access to some more parts of the forums. At least we should have the possibility to join in Open Role Plays held by Premium Players since I believe this wouldn`t harm the game nor the community.

And I`m mostly using the German forum since I`m more fluid and more at ease with the language. So if I missed any important information posted in the French and English forum - or if I have misunderstood anything -, then my sincerest apologies for not knowing it and for wasting your time on this.

I can only second what Ashnya wrote. Sadly it seems a top decision that is intended

At least some rights to the roleplaying threads, the suggestion thread and the tech section would be nice and can only be of benefit for everyone.

While I can understand the frustration with only being allowed to post on certain parts of the forums, these restrictions are put in place for specific reasons.

One of these reasons is that it is good to keep players together who have access to the same content. This allows easier communication between players. You don't have to specify that you are F2P or paying for a subscription when you speak on the F2P forums, and there isn't confusion about what content you have access to.

Having an F2P account has restrictions on what you can access and these restrictions carry over to the forums. I will be happy to look into what can be done about the F2P forums being visible without having to log in, but as for being able to post on the non-F2P sections of the forums, this is done on purpose and, barring unusual circumstance, will not change. I am sorry for any frustration this causes.

I can also look into at least seeing if we can get you guys an RP section for the F2P forums. No reason you can't enjoy RP on a F2P account.
    Amber "Morteia" Grant
    Funcom Community Manager
    Part-time barbarian
    [URL="https://twitter.com/Morteia"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Tweetin' with fury[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/Morteia"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]The Book of Many Faces[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/101026195233172439967/posts"][COLOR="Red"]Everyday I'm Google-in'[/COLOR][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Ophyra View Post
    First things first:

Thx Arishanya for creating a thread to deal with these f2p forum issues.
    And thx for fixing the editing^^

Now to the issues themselves:

When we say that we would like some changes or we propose some changes, pls don't answer with

'it's working as intended atm'.That doesn't mean anything.

Example:

User: Can you give f2p players access to other parts of the forum as well?
    Mod: It's working as intended atm.
    User: No s***, i didn't ask whether it was working as intended, i asked if it was possible to

change the way it is working.Huge difference there.

Moving on...

-You are finally bringing two communities together, and yet you are creating a new division.

-Former premium players could post on the forums for months and months, and FC knew about it and didn't do anything.That in itself is not surprising, but the point is that it didn't hurt anything.It proved to be working nicely.

-Ppl looking for class discussions will surely not go and read about it in f2p forums.Check the difference between the class forums.It is staggering.No1 wants to write about the same things in two diff sections of the forum.And when one section is full
    of activity from the start while the other one has 4-5 topics altogether, guess where ppl are going to go?
    Also check 'PvP discussion' thread on f2p and on premium forums.Need i say more?

-You are punishing former premium players with this.For the time and money we invested into this game, we deserve to have the full forum access at least.I was looking forward to discussing my two fav classes with US players, but i guess it wasn't meant to be.

-Sub should be bought for AA\Khitai\Raids, not for forum access.

-Having more foum activity surely will not hurt AoC, as our population isn't exactly large.

-Trolls will always be there, names that tend to gather some notoriety can easily be banned, if i'm not mistaken that's the part of moderators job.

-I could go on and on, but if you don't see how wrong the current system is, no ammount of arguments will help.
    miss morteia plz read this
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Morteia View Post
    While I can understand the frustration with only being allowed to post on certain parts of the forums, these restrictions are put in place for specific reasons.

One of these reasons is that it is good to keep players together who have access to the same content. This allows easier communication between players. You don't have to specify that you are F2P or paying for a subscription when you speak on the F2P forums, and there isn't confusion about what content you have access to.

Having an F2P account has restrictions on what you can access and these restrictions carry over to the forums. I will be happy to look into what can be done about the F2P forums being visible without having to log in, but as for being able to post on the non-F2P sections of the forums, this is done on purpose and, barring unusual circumstance, will not change. I am sorry for any frustration this causes.

I can also look into at least seeing if we can get you guys an RP section for the F2P forums. No reason you can't enjoy RP on a F2P account.
    then please dont advertise the game as free to play, because it's not. if you have to maintain a sub to play most content, then it's free to try.

secondly, segmenting the population in an already low population game is not a good plan.

'then please dont advertise the game as free to play, because it's not'

Yes it is...
    Free to try is another recent addition to the F2P brigades catalogue of gripes..

Me = Grateful for what im getting for free.
    Sure the forum seperation makes no sense whatsoever and probs needs looking at, but im sure ensuring the Vets/Subs feel like they are at least getting something for their money is much further up the list than me getting something for nothing..
    Last edited by Dhojakt; 16th April 2013 at 18:44. Reason: Mistake

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast