Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: ToS Builds 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    I guess if it's a ranged dps fight and you want all the bubbles which I assume you mean Serpent Trans and PoTSR but I'm not sure if you need the silence and static blood those points are interchangeable etc as are some of the others like you could pick up wrath of the serpent ring over static blood.
    Bubbles I need in the Entity fight for handling Commanding Death are Power of the Serpent Ring, Storm Blood (cause it's electric damage) and Serpent Transmutation. Maybe I could risk and skip Transmutation but it happens often to me that when vortex appears I still have few seconds cooldown on other two bubbles and I don't want anyone be killed by vortex when I will try to kite it until cd is finished. My current build is like this but dps is poor, I guess some adjustments could improve it. Of course I'm aware that I can't compete with mages in this fight, specially that I have to heal them well on platform when bombardment comes, but still dps gap between us is too big:
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v1_11c3...8b0838c9c38cfc

I play this template on Entity fight

-> more spell range since i'm not on the platforms (mostly backup except after 50%)
    -> Upping the dps of ranged casters with some +armor spell penetration (since boss can't be debuffed by elemental ruin)
    -> Only two bubbles so the cd are very short, sometimes i stand in the upstairs waiting for my cd but usually, if i use them at the end of the Commanding death castbar, it's okay.

Something like potsr->Stormblood->potsr->potsr->Stormblood.

-> Idk if i should get idol of set supremacy (if the resonnance stuff works well with tons of ranged) and if it need to hit the boss in order to trigger the resonnance effect (so i saved this point for Lightning Cast)
    ->Points in snare resistance are just wastepoints to go down.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I play this template on Entity fight

-> more spell range since i'm not on the platforms (mostly backup except after 50%)
    -> Upping the dps of ranged casters with some +armor spell penetration (since boss can't be debuffed by elemental ruin)
    -> Only two bubbles so the cd are very short, sometimes i stand in the upstairs waiting for my cd but usually, if i use them at the end of the Commanding death castbar, it's okay.

Something like potsr->Stormblood->potsr->potsr->Stormblood.

-> Idk if i should get idol of set supremacy (if the resonnance stuff works well with tons of ranged) and if it need to hit the boss in order to trigger the resonnance effect (so i saved this point for Lightning Cast)
    ->Points in snare resistance are just wastepoints to go down.
    Here is my Entity build. http://goo.gl/oUdqY

Extra healing and ranged, only need 2 bubbles. You can use Curse of Set btw, I think I am the only Tos that knows this though.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    You can use Curse of Set btw, I think I am the only Tos that knows this though.
    Not anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Here is my Entity build. http://goo.gl/oUdqY
    You can use Curse of Set btw, I think I am the only Tos that knows this though.
    I've read that on us forums before merge (or TL), tried, and failed ^^
    Will try harder next time
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I've read that on us forums before merge (or TL), tried, and failed ^^
    Will try harder next time
    Gotta put the circle on boss' feet. If you drop the Vengeful spellweaving idol on him, its easier to see where.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Those were the fun times lol. Good ppl though, was friends with them before they were the advos but they were insane to think rangers wasn't broken.
    If you were friends, then you would know that we all knew it was. So somehow I don't think you were. Perhaps acquaintances.

We actually talked about this a lot. Its like saying I didn't think SC was broken on the tos 1.05. And tbh, it wasn't. If you understood the class, you would know it wasn't sc that was broken.

LOL just b/c many tos uses it doesn't mean it's very good. Tos's can do really well and really poorly due to the game sitautions. JEW NO DIS, so why brag.

I hope one day pvp tos's will learn to play without serp trans in pug minis. You don't need it at all, unless you're a treecorp.
    Can you play without bubble, yes. But how many times has it helped change the fight in pvp, perhaps let you pick up the flag to return it, or give you that last bit of time to finish killing the flag runner or team a the totem. Its a lot like to self resurrect in pvp. How may times you see someone get away with low health or just have the players around you at low health, you pop this and up you come. Use the potions and the spell IMO.

As for the tree comment, still makes me chuckle when you know damn well you cant kill me when bubble is up yet you still try.

Quote Originally Posted by rbzak1 View Post
    But they do play different cuz their mouses are on the other side of their keyboards.
    I enjoyed this post, thank you.

Going to try this out tomorrow..

http://goo.gl/kDrTy

Looks good.. a lot of potential crits

example. forked lightning slotted W/ 17.5% BASE CRIT

sparks debuff, call lightning, vital shock (30% CRIT), charged blast (22.5% CRIT), lS (27.5% CRIT), LS again, w/ spark storm effect use Sparks (27.5% CRIT) X 4.

then.. AoE. Or before/// whatever works

definitely looks good on paper...
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    Going to try this out tomorrow..

http://goo.gl/kDrTy

Looks good.. a lot of potential crits

example. forked lightning slotted W/ 17.5% BASE CRIT

sparks debuff, call lightning, vital shock (30% CRIT), charged blast (22.5% CRIT), lS (27.5% CRIT), LS again, w/ spark storm effect use Sparks (27.5% CRIT) X 4.

then.. AoE. Or before/// whatever works

definitely looks good on paper...
    It does look good on paper, did you find the other build with no bubble not viable as classes had stacks of hit rating so they were still hitting through the debuff or just looking to gain more utility without sacrificing the oh crap button so you can make a push with the melee at the beginning of an engagement?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast