Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    The formula provided as your alternative is obviously incorrect - if you apply it as written, your crits can deal LESS damage than your normal hits! if you have no crit damage bonus, it suggests you will deal only 84% of the damage of a non-crit Clearly this is not true.
    Check the math again, with 0% crit dmg bonus the formula gets you non_crit_dmg * (1+0) = non_crit_dmg

Really simple example straight from a parse on a strawman. I'm using GODS procs because they do not vary except for buffs/debuffs on yourself or the enemy. Non crit for GODS proc: 141. Crit for GODS proc: 252.
    Just tested this with Bloodbath, and yes, there seems to be an inherent +50% bonus.

Yet, if you attack a strawman unarmed (so that your hits do constant damage), your crit damage will behave according to the formula I posted before. Weird - gonna do some more testing on this.

Default hm

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    Of course we're all about the madness around here

It's theory (which is why I said "interesting"), anyway, as I'd never grind out two of those damn things just to test carnage tanking. Especially since I play 90% of my time as brute.
    the khitai weapons are bad becours of low weapon damage as main hand, u wud be much better of with a t2,t3 1h. the issue is with the yag blunt its only designed for dual wielding with a blunt giving u one option where its realy good, t3 crafted 1h. and at that its realy good.

Quote Originally Posted by jauertussen View Post
    the khitai weapons are bad becours of low weapon damage as main hand, u wud be much better of with a t2,t3 1h. the issue is with the yag blunt its only designed for dual wielding with a blunt giving u one option where its realy good, t3 crafted 1h. and at that its realy good.
    Very good point.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

The khitai scepters are not good for a main hand but still very good as offhands. I use the Yag blunt because it has better crit than the others (I'll change to a T4 offhand when I can) and I value that more than the 175 CR (blunt). My alternative offhands available to me that I do not use are the T3 barb 1HE and T3 conq 1HE.

In the end off a lot of parses I haven't seen anyone pull higher DPS on zodiac. Whilst that isn't definitive, it's enough for me to be pretty happy with the blunt weapons out there.

Default offhand

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    The khitai scepters are not good for a main hand but still very good as offhands. I use the Yag blunt because it has better crit than the others (I'll change to a T4 offhand when I can) and I value that more than the 175 CR (blunt). My alternative offhands available to me that I do not use are the T3 barb 1HE and T3 conq 1HE.

In the end off a lot of parses I haven't seen anyone pull higher DPS on zodiac. Whilst that isn't definitive, it's enough for me to be pretty happy with the blunt weapons out there.
    the point even if u got acces to t4 weapons the t3 blunt still is worth getting since when u gain the white tiger 1h u put ure t3 craft blunt offhand and get the most powerfull setup availeble....
    the combo with the insain weapon damage and the extreme crits on t3 blunt just bypasses any other setup by miles.

As a Barb I prefer two T3 crafted Blunts to the option of 1 T4 1HE and one 1 T3 crafted....I usualy come out on top in Zodiac.

Quote Originally Posted by Polski View Post
    ....I usualy come out on top in Zodiac.
    that's cos your conqs prolly dont have the same weps as you

Quote Originally Posted by Polski View Post
    As a Barb I prefer two T3 crafted Blunts to the option of 1 T4 1HE and one 1 T3 crafted....I usualy come out on top in Zodiac.
    take into acount how much all ure dots and combat damage will ingrease with the max damage on ure mainhand being 217 vs 192 on blunt. all dots values are calculated from the maximum damage on ure mainhand. u will deffently see a ingrease.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast