Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My money has expired?

Default My money has expired?

Hi all I have a question.
    buy the game and the expansion in his day when he left but there is one thing I do not understand the test now free to play and attempt to return: because I have restricted access to Khitai if buy expansively in his day in free to play? my money I spent on your day has expired? (irony).
    Never seen anything like it but hey, my advice is that you look this because a few passes they would return ami same as if it had a little more leeway.

I must agree with Aborass.

I purchased the Godslayer expansion on its release date... Two years later I come back as F2P user to find out that I don't have access to its content anymore...?
    In the same manner of doing business F2P users purchasing Turan shouldn't have access to it either...?

I'm sorry to say it, but this is just another false decision and there's not much room left for more false decisions FC.

Turan was produced as an expansion pack, not a full on expansion like ROTGS, so if you purchased access to Turan it is my understanding, even as a F2P player, you will still have access to it.

However ROTGS (the Khitai Expansion) is limited to premium players beyond Gateway to Khitai. You will have to have a premium subscription to access Khitai outside of Gateway.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Thanks for clearing out the difference between the expansions Arishanya. That makes a bit more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePriest909 View Post
    Thanks for clearing out the difference between the expansions Arishanya. That makes a bit more sense.
    It makes it clear that fc don want to encourage explayerw back into the game. I will only pay for 1 sub to 1 game at any in time. I have paid well over £500 on sub,the game,rotgs,Turan and I have little or no access to any area I want to spend time in.

I don't expect full access to the whole game ie T3 and above and HM's would be locked out but normal modes and brc should be available to everyone. AA again should be locked out for f2p and offline levels should also not be available to free payers but the rest should be.

Take a look at the planetside 2 f2p model. Full access everywhere access to the same equipment as subscribers but as a subscriber we get xp gain increase and station cash (funcom points) with the sub whih is £3 cheaper then aoc and I know none of my equipment or cash will be gone if I stop subbing and jst play. I have lost access to my 500 gold on my chars I cannot b bothered to level my hox because there is no gear I can buy when I get to 80 and I can't raid as T1 doesn't count as a raid anymore as you can 6 man vistrix and yak only kylliki needs 10

Give me a reason to come in game even on free and you may encourage me to sub but atm I have no inclination to sub because I have to to do anything I maybe interested in.

Joel take a look at the f2p model and look where you can make changes for the better. To encourage the community not hinder it. AOC is a niche game but it has a loyal following. (in plain English) throw us a bone you may be supprised by the results.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    It makes it clear that fc don want to encourage explayerw back into the game. I will only pay for 1 sub to 1 game at any in time. I have paid well over £500 on sub,the game,rotgs,Turan and I have little or no access to any area I want to spend time in.

I don't expect full access to the whole game ie T3 and above and HM's would be locked out but normal modes and brc should be available to everyone. AA again should be locked out for f2p and offline levels should also not be available to free payers but the rest should be.

Take a look at the planetside 2 f2p model. Full access everywhere access to the same equipment as subscribers but as a subscriber we get xp gain increase and station cash (funcom points) with the sub whih is £3 cheaper then aoc and I know none of my equipment or cash will be gone if I stop subbing and jst play. I have lost access to my 500 gold on my chars I cannot b bothered to level my hox because there is no gear I can buy when I get to 80 and I can't raid as T1 doesn't count as a raid anymore as you can 6 man vistrix and yak only kylliki needs 10

Give me a reason to come in game even on free and you may encourage me to sub but atm I have no inclination to sub because I have to to do anything I maybe interested in.

Joel take a look at the f2p model and look where you can make changes for the better. To encourage the community not hinder it. AOC is a niche game but it has a loyal following. (in plain English) throw us a bone you may be supprised by the results.
    It's obvious to me that the F2P model in AoC is a bit "fake"... "Play a little bit as F2P and once you're sucked in pay us, otherwise you wont be able to access vital resources".
    Although I do understand the difference between the two expansions, I still feel cheated for not having access to a product I paid for even as F2P and to be honest there's no way I'll become a subscriber again unless FC get at least the major bugs fixed. I don't mind the restricted raid access that much but the fact that the game keeps crashing for a large amount of people and after so many years of its original release is just ridiculous and that's the least I can say.

I still say what I mentioned.
    I bought the Khitai expansion when it came out, I spend my money in my account details I have of products puts the age of Conan Rise of the Godslayer and Khitai door will not let me.
    I will report on the consumer agency have to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by aborass View Post
    I still say what I mentioned.
    I bought the Khitai expansion when it came out, I spend my money in my account details I have of products puts the age of Conan Rise of the Godslayer and Khitai door will not let me.
    I will report on the consumer agency have to tell me.
    Before the change to the model you would not even have been able to log into the game to begin with. Would that have made you happier? get a subscription and you will have access to everything again. I really wonder what the problem is...

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post
    Before the change to the model you would not even have been able to log into the game to begin with. Would that have made you happier? get a subscription and you will have access to everything again. I really wonder what the problem is...
    The problem is that the sub fee when it was P2P was for server upkeep and pay for workers. The actual expansion was bought for the content. In his eyes he deserves the content he spent money on, which is usually how freemium models with cash shop work. Sadly, that is not the case with AoC. Just because you buy the content doesn't mean you get to play the content. Sub if you want the content.

I still think they need to change the title from unchained, because it's giving people that come here for a f2p experience false impressions, as seen here.

Funcom needs a third in between tier of customer, between completely free and sub'd premium. Perhaps if you pay 5.95 USD per month you can get access to one region in khitai (of your choice) and 2 more raid instances(with parts of raids like wing 1 or Thoth among lower or even vissy being counted as 1 instance).

Meanwhile buff up full premium considerably , faster transport(all premium users get +20% run speed on mounts). Or vanity weapons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast