Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: SweetFX Shader Suite - Graphics Tweaker

I can't get it to work in DX10 for a few months now. Works fine in DX11 for TSW, and DX9 for AoC so something is amiss.

Alright this is just getting more and more confusing...

I just had a 30 min period of playing with SweetFX on with Darknessjw's settings, without having a crash.

Things I had different from most of my 50+ attempts:
    - "Enable Steam Overlay compability hack" in Sweetfx injector settings disabled.
    - Disabled in-game AA and Bloom
    - no other games or videos running in the background
    - Temporarily uninstalled Avira Anti-virus
    With all these minus the following change, I played for like 15 min without crashing, but then I did crash...
    - Removed Windows Update KB2670838 (I had removed it before, but apparently Windows automatically reaquired it... now to see if it comes back)

I realize a single 30 min period of play is hardly evidence that I "fixed" it, but it's markedly different from crashing at the logos before logging in or at best within 3 minutes of play. I'll submit another reply tomorrow when I've gotten more chance to play and can see if this lasts...

FYI, if you have Windows 8 and got the Windows 8.1 service pack in the last day or two, you have to uninstall SweetFX at this time to play AoC. Win 8.1 comes with DirectX 11.1, and SweetFX is not yet compatible with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    I can't get it to work in DX10 for a few months now. Works fine in DX11 for TSW, and DX9 for AoC so something is amiss.
    Check in update history of your computer for these updates.

KB2866337, KB2506928, KB2545698, KB2547666, KB2786081 and KB2799926.

I had these six updates installed and they made my DX10 crash. Not crashed once since I removed them.

Alright, played for several hours today with no crashes, and re-enabled Bloom, FXAA and my anti-virus, so Windows update KB2670838 was the culprit for me. Quite annoying since spent hours trying to find the problem, since I had actually deleted the update several days ago, but it somehow got re-aquired.

Anyone get SweetFX working yet with Windows 8.1?? Gosh I miss running the game with SweetFX... now, the graphics engine just looks so bland in comparison... without it on that is...

No you will need to wait till SweetFX developers release the new version.

Anything yet on an update?? I have looked and can't find any mention of sweetfx getting updated for Wondows 8.1...

Sweetfx works with Efx (which in turn works with AoC on windows 8.1). There is a download available (sweetfx+efx, google it). Once you have downloaded it, unzip it into AoC folder. Then, download Efx 1.9.60 from http://www.crosire.tk/?p=113. Just copy efx32.dll from the zip into AoC directory and rename it dxgi.dll (overwrite existing one). You will need customized sweetfx settings file if you dont have one already. You may use the Skyrim one, it works well with AoC with some modifications.
    Last edited by Necrovisiion; 4th January 2014 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrovisiion View Post
    Sweetfx works with Efx (which in turn works with AoC on windows 8.1). There is a download available (sweetfx+efx, google it). Once you have downloaded it, unzip it into AoC folder. Then, download Efx 1.9.60 from http://www.crosire.tk/?p=113. Just copy efx32.dll from the zip into AoC directory and rename it dxgi.dll (overwrite existing one). You will need customized sweetfx settings file if you dont have one already. You may use the Skyrim one, it works well with AoC with some modifications.
    Sounds cool, thanks for the tip, I'm gonna check out efx now. Could you post some screenshots with your setup?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast