Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Subscription fee is a rip off

Quote Originally Posted by Tabouli View Post
    1) Currency gain increases
    2) Drop chance increases
    3) XP increases
    4) Speed of AA point acquiring
    I´m already flying through levels with my 20 100% XP boosts from a pack I bought, I get those on each character!

Credits gain would only increase prices on the tradepost, but maybe not a bad suggestion

Rare drop chance increase would be cool

I´d also go with

A subscriber exclusive new lvl 1-20 starter area?
    Subscriber exclusive mounts?
    Free item of the month (see TSW)?
    Early access on new content (see TSW)?

Quote Originally Posted by MentalMiK View Post
    You have some solid arguments there but for me this is quite simple:
    I love the game -> I pay whatever sum they throw at me a.k.a. fanboi attitude
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

MMOs are still one of the cheapest entertainment out there.
    I like this game, I like to play it, so yeah it is worth the money.
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

If you can't afford the sub, get a better job or find a free game.

No content my arse .. 5 year old game with no content ..

We're actively working on the subscription value right now. The price won't change but the benefits very likely will increase.

As I said in the old forums regarding the current subscription:
    "Too much stick, not enough honey".

We are working to sweeten it ASAP.

The amount of honey and stick seems to be balanced right now.
    Nusquam, I hope the benefits are not "faster levelling" (including PvP and kills per day) and "faster AA gain"... Speeding those two up could be the ugliest idea of all.
    If that happens, some people will be forced to switch to F2P as a result of too much honey for no effort.
    The best idea is changing F2P advantages and disadvantages (lowering drop rate, decreasing money dropped from monsters, removing fresh 20 kills per day).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 8th March 2013 at 14:56.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Lets face it most people paying are the ones that already have PLENTY of max lvl alts. Adding faster lvling as honey doesn't make sense.
    This "honey" they speak of has to be something that adds value to the paying customers. XP gain (even AA) is not of value since these are easy to gain as it is.
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    The amount of honey and stick is balanced right now. I hope the benefits are not "faster levelling" and "faster AA gain"...
    Agree partially.

PvE doesn't need faster levelling and those that want it can buy some +100% xp-pots in the shop.

Faster AA gain however is a different matter.

For PvE it is not necessary but nice to get new lvl 80 toons up to a Paikang/T4 worthy level fast.
    Specialy for new players that want to take part in all endgame content fast.

I myself don't do PvP, but for PvP it even could solve the "famous" AA-gap between new players and veterans.
    Just make sure it is a new account or the player has been atleast 3 months on a F2P account after his previous sub.
    When subbing the player will get double speed on timetraining for 1/3 of the bought subscriptiontime.
    (3 month sub ---> 1 month double speed. 12 month sub ---> 4 month double speed)
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    The amount of honey and stick seems to be balanced right now.
    Nusquam, I hope the benefits are not "faster levelling" (including PvP and kills per day) and "faster AA gain"... Speeding those two up could be the ugliest idea of all.
    If that happens, some people will be forced to switch to F2P as a result of too much honey for no effort.
    The best idea is changing F2P advantages and disadvantages (lowering drop rate, decreasing money dropped from monsters, removing fresh 20 kills per day).
    i think he means for the f2p people ie more to do then just a handful of old world dungeons and 2 raids that you dont even need good gear or a full raid for.

I would say open everything if you have paid for it except top 2-3 tiers of raiding ie and hardmodes that way people still have the carrot of the rares and the tier 3-4 gear bbut new people also get to see what all the fuss about khitai is - while i dont like the grind for toekns it is a beautiful area and that is one of AOC's usp's and so should be used not hidden away. if you want people to play show what the game is about not make them call for 4 hours for a group to scorpion caves and then log off cause they have no one for it.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Blynd, I hope so too.
    Otherwise, as a recommendation, I would suggest paying subscribers handed out a Vanity bag! Items lose its value and power, you cannot move it in other bags; but you have the appearance.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 8th March 2013 at 15:19.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast