Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: empty forum = dead game

Default empty forum = dead game

so in my endeavour to support funcom and make this forum look like a forum of a healthy community I am going to post some stuff here.

Unfortunately you can only see my post after being logged in into this forum. Doesn't help that much those people who check the forum of a game before downloding tons of mb. They must think this game is dead. Not my mistake.

I even would have posted in a pvp discussion thread that prolonging cc immunities would help conquerors using OLP but I can't. I don't care. Hell, give us 3 min immunities. I have a conqueror, too.

Well. There is a hidden point in all that jibberish. There should be some (visible) note on the main forum page about these forums being new so people dont get scared away by its emptiness
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I think what Wheya was trying to say is that the F2P portion of the forums is not visible if you are not logged in to the AoC forums already. However all of the boards accessable by Premium membership can be viewed if you are not logged in.

So anyone new to the game (or hasn't purchased yet and is just doing some research) can see all of the content in all boards except the F2P section.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    I think what Wheya was trying to say is that the F2P portion of the forums is not visible if you are not logged in to the AoC forums already. However all of the boards accessable by Premium membership can be viewed if you are not logged in.

So anyone new to the game (or hasn't purchased yet and is just doing some research) can see all of the content in all boards except the F2P section.
    Don you think that's a bit backwards
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Don you think that's a bit backwards
    Well, this is a case where what I think doesn't matter, as it is Funcom's decision to make. I enforce the rules they set in place because this is their forum.

They do not see this as backwards - this is how they intend the forums to operate, so unless they see a reason to change the current setup, things will not change.
    English Community

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Well, this is a case where what I think doesn't matter, as it is Funcom's decision to make. I enforce the rules they set in place because this is their forum.

They do not see this as backwards - this is how they intend the forums to operate, so unless they see a reason to change the current setup, things will not change.
    but as your signature states

so lets here your opinion on the matter cause to me its simple while its the company policy its not in the interests of building and maintaining a healthy comunity one that regardless of the mistakes funcom have made with the game still stick by it.

Technology is might

One of the reasons I didn't want to state my personal opinion is because I don't expect you to like it.

Strictly as a player of the game, I can see where you're coming from and I get it. I wouldn't like being restricted to the F2P section either.

As a past guild leader, managing my own guild's forums, I know how technical segregating players on the forums can be.

As a moderator, I get more information from the Funcom side of things, and what they're doing makes sense on a large scale.

It's kind of like a 'don't shoot the messenger' situation. I see all sides of this, and I'm a bit torn on which side I personally want to stick with. I did post this thread for discussion on the F2P account forum abilities (so we can keep it all in one place) in order to help everyone. Hopefully we can come to an understsanding - whether that means the forum abilities change or not, I cannot say.
    English Community

i shall post there then :P

btw as an ex guild leader and manager for a large multinational with several hundred people under me i understand the business thinking behind it but its the same thinking that got AOC in the situation its in and it needs to stop being closed off and open up to new ideas and think differently becuase its time to evolve or die and my fear is that this great game ( cause it is great) will end up a memory from reruns of big bang etc and the occasional post on community forums about remember that game it was so good shame it closed down.

the forums are the only real sorce of information for potential players and if they are segragated or even not visable to them unless they create an account it doesnt give a good image cause if thats what they do on the forums what will they do in game.

please ftlog take this game by the balls and make it work and make it worth while ex players returning even as f2p because the more bodies in game the healthier the game looks and atm thats not too healthy

Technology is might

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast