Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Builds

I've never seen anyone complicate a class so much where you need only 8 keybinds and two fingers. Wow.
    Doomsayer 2008

I've never seen anyone spam threads so much without contributing with helpful posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I've never seen anyone spam threads so much without contributing with helpful posts.
    7 years of contribution, you can some up fury of the underworld in one sentence.

"Something you spec to move down the feat tree".

That's about it.
    Doomsayer 2008

The value for 5 points are perhaps similar to the reward you get for feating "+5% dmg to X combo" on a melee class. Neglible, or even less.

Lets say a Demo pet does 100 hits with 10% crit chance, and that it does 50% more dmg on a crit than a regular hit. It would do 500 on a regular hit and 750 on a critical hit. With varying effects of inherited spell damage, buffs and debuffs, this will of course vary, but for simplicity stick with these numbers that are easy to calculate.

The 90 regular hits would grant the Demo 45000 damage, while the 10 critical hits would grant the demo 7500 damage; 52500 total.

Now if you feat Fury of the Underworld, the 80 regular hits would grant the demo 40000 damage, while the 20 critical hits would grant the demo 15000 dmage; 55000 total.

The casting time for Cacodemon is something like 3 seconds so that would mean to have a 2500 damage difference and the pet be able to hit 100 times on your target you'd need 300 seconds of uninterrupted combat. Or 5 minutes.

No way 5 points for 2500 damage every 5 minutes is worth it. But as you say, need to come further down the tree. And if the player don't need the mana benefits from Earth Recharge or Overload, there isn't much else to put points in.

There, you got your detailed answer.

I didn't ask for cosmic unifying theor to explain why it's just a feat filler, you can simply read the tool bar message and know that. Lol
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I didn't ask for cosmic unifying theor to explain why it's just a feat filler, you can simply read the tool bar message and know that. Lol
    Well now I have explained why it is a feat filler rather than use suppression techniques to seem dominating or knowledgeable. Please consider that people that ask questions here aren't thousands of hours deep on their Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxin View Post
    I have yet to use FOG , I mainly use the shockstrike with WOF -- The consensus seems to be a plus to have combustion maxed out, so that's a fix I did right away. There are a few feats I am not so sure of and my thought on it. Demon Heart of Chatha - (mana Health Stun Fear) -- with AA's is this important or can I skip it ( any Pro/Con on it). Chained Shockstrike -- I do use shock strike, I first use rotation Chaotic Blast then follow with a shockstrike and WOF , with instant casts shock and hellfire stream anytime my WOF is on cool down I hit the 2 instant casts -- occasionally a wicked bolt.. So back to chained shockstrike not sure how well it helps or hurts build -- if I left it out where do points go better ? Next question would be Overload vs. Earth recharge -- I feel I need neither , AA's seem to take care of mana issues (and T4 Gear ) so any opinions on this? ( Some builds seem dated due to AA's , not sure if that's true or not) also just wanted to say thanks for the responses and I will try doing some parses when I figure out how. I do watch my raid parses and sometimes they are awesome and other times I seem to fall flat -- biggest thing I notice is the pacts seem to make huge impact, That said one thing that can make or break a Raid is someone over using DPS., So i try to be careful. This is mainly a solo Raid Build ( Entity, T4) I dont use Flame Body, I seem to be able to handle the cast a lot better now and am increasing AA. Once again Thanks for the helpful posts My newest respec http://goo.gl/ZNvC7b
    Demon Heart of Chatha - one point suffices. Adding points don't prove value compared to that first one. Good feat that you need to remember to deactivate at certain raid encounters (Louhi, Entity add phase) to avoid oneshots.

Chained Shockstrike - only works if you target more than one mob. Never procs on single target.

Wicked Bolt - don't worry about that one since damage sucks and it's not instant. For purposes of knocking back, you already got Detonation and Howl of Armageddon that does the trick.

Overload and Earth Recharge. You shouldn't need either if you got a ToS in your group that use Blood Mana occasionally. I've got a point in each mainly to progress down the tree and my mana is fine.

I'm using this build for most encounters and it's got what I need. http://goo.gl/u5wnhb I could move 3 points from Fury of the Underworld or Chained Shockstrikes into Overloaded Shockblast or Possession but I don't need it in T6.

For the odd Entity helping I got this one that makes me able to spellweave through Bombardment without any problems. If you don't got Flame Body you are 100% dependant of good healers and a Necro that casts Quell the Ether. You're screwed if he takes Photon Beam for a run and you stay in Bombardment without the prot buff. Not recommended for anywhere else but Entity this one. http://goo.gl/CQu2CH

Default Great Explanation

The value for 5 points are perhaps similar to the reward you get for feating "+5% dmg to X combo" on a melee class. Neglible, or even less.

Lets say a Demo pet does 100 hits with 10% crit chance, and that it does 50% more dmg on a crit than a regular hit. It would do 500 on a regular hit and 750 on a critical hit. With varying effects of inherited spell damage, buffs and debuffs, this will of course vary, but for simplicity stick with these numbers that are easy to calculate.

The 90 regular hits would grant the Demo 45000 damage, while the 10 critical hits would grant the demo 7500 damage; 52500 total.

Now if you feat Fury of the Underworld, the 80 regular hits would grant the demo 40000 damage, while the 20 critical hits would grant the demo 15000 dmage; 55000 total.

The casting time for Cacodemon is something like 3 seconds so that would mean to have a 2500 damage difference and the pet be able to hit 100 times on your target you'd need 300 seconds of uninterrupted combat. Or 5 minutes.

No way 5 points for 2500 damage every 5 minutes is worth it. But as you say, need to come further down the tree. And if the player don't need the mana benefits from Earth Recharge or Overload, there isn't much else to put points in.

There, you got your detailed answer.
    Helps when you understand what your feating and why? The other options are that copper storm chains feat and charged storm-- that I believe might be good against runners in T4. I see the mana feats as a waste, I have little mana issues so far. Once again great explanation, to sum things up there are really just a few options to move down the tree -- The 2 mana feats, The 2 Chain storm feats, Agonizing jolts feat ( this I have heard/seen nothing good about it , maybe on runners t4?, Living thunderstorm ( another worthless feat) Chained shockstrike , and FURY of the Underworld. From this I like the Chained shockstrike 3 points leaving 2 points left over to move down other was Fury all 5. thanks again for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Exactly, take 5 secs to read the feat descriptions then ask yourself..."What do I want,

1) A feat that i will never find a use for (copper storm chains).
    2) 2-10% crit chance bonus "in some mysterious way" for your pet.

Edit by Anzu: That is not needed.
    I don't mean to be mean in any way, I just never thought about that feat 1 mins after the first time i read it.
    Last edited by Anzu; 29th January 2016 at 14:19.

Not recommended for anywhere else but Entity this one. http://goo.gl/CQu2CH
    I actually like a similar spec for all encounters where I can't get in Waves of Flame range.

But, out of curiosity, am I missing something regarding Earth Recharge and Overload?

According to the tooltip Overload at 5 points has a proc chance of 30 procs per minute, meaning 100%. So every fourth spell is free, or slightly simplified it reduces the cost of Fires of Gehenna, Hellfire Strean and Shock by 25%.

The Earth Recharge proc rate for Fires of Gehenna, again according to tooltip, is 4 procs per minute at 2 points and 5 procs per minute at 3 points, so likely 7 procs per minute at 5. Nowhere close to the mana return of Overload.

So why fill out Earth Recharge before Overload?
    Last edited by Belatsunat; 30th January 2016 at 01:37.

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Belatsunat View Post
    I actually like a similar spec for all encounters where I can't get in Waves of Flame range.

But, out of curiosity, am I missing something regarding Earth Recharge and Overload?

According to the tooltip Overload at 5 points has a proc chance of 30 procs per minute, meaning 100%. So every fourth spell is free, or slightly simplified it reduces the cost of Fires of Gehenna, Hellfire Strean and Shock by 25%.

The Earth Recharge proc rate for Fires of Gehenna, again according to tooltip, is 4 procs per minute at 2 points and 5 procs per minute at 3 points, so likely 7 procs per minute at 5. Nowhere close to the mana return of Overload.

So why fill out Earth Recharge before Overload?
    I chose to use neither and like what was said before if a TOS is in raid I have no issues -- and even if there is not a TOS I still do just fine , I do Have almost full T4 Gear. You might just want 1 point in each or if your right just in the Overload -- I am curious to the answer