Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Merge all servers and create PvP instances

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Haha, if you live in Europe and have latency issues with Euro servers just imagine that it'll be even worse with US ones

Light isn't fast enough
    I guess for several people they would have just as fast lines to the US as they do to Sweden. Biggest problem is server tech, not the lines. I have less than 10ms to the servers, but ingame I have 60-200ms on the latency bar.

In PvP for me, I guess it's around +70-200ms always. In Conarch village I go below 40ms.

The lags are unbearable already. How about fixing server tech and stability first like Sacerdo says. Currently theres no way to be happy playing across the atlantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacerdo View Post
    I guess for several people they would have just as fast lines to the US as they do to Sweden. Biggest problem is server tech, not the lines. I have less than 10ms to the servers, but ingame I have 60-200ms on the latency bar.
    But with US servers you'd have your "60-200ms" + about 100-150 ms to cross the Atlantic (if you live in the UK/Ireland you can get something as low as 70ms ping to New York, but you would still get a better latency with Sweden or Norway).

Server tech is another problem but I'm not really sure that they will ever do something about it.
    Last edited by kalston; 7th March 2013 at 11:09.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    But with US servers you'd have your "60-200ms" + about 100-150 ms to cross the Atlantic (if you live in the UK/Ireland you can get something as low as 70ms ping to New York, but you would still get a better latency with Sweden or Norway).

Server tech is another problem but I'm not really sure that they will ever do something about it.
    ofcourse crossing the atlantic is not optimal, it was just a guesstimate that people in Spain, Italy, Greece etc might not have the best connections with Sweden.

How does TSW do it ?

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=39889 Like this?^^ Kinda like Guild Wars 1, but with a few limitations that GW1 did not have.

This doesn't explain the latency issue, I guess maybe TSW playstyle does not rely so much on latency ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    There are plenty of people on pvp servers who don't like being ganked or PvP:ed while questing or gathering. They would go pve instance.
    However they like world PvP but when going into PvP instance for that, they won't find any.
    Human nature says pve instances will be full, PvP would be empty if you make this change.
    You obviously haven't played DC universe. And human nature? This is a video game. I think you're wrong. I still think most people will be on the pvp instance, as long as pvp doesn't get completely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacerdo View Post
    This doesn't explain the latency issue, I guess maybe TSW playstyle does not rely so much on latency ?
    After a quick Googling it seems FC chose (again) an easy, cheap solution: all servers are in the US (East coast). So Euro players don't get a great latency at all but yes the latency does not matter that much in this game.

That being said, if they did the same with AoC (and fixed the heavily fluctuating latency and lagspikes) it would be playable for a fair amount of people in Europe I guess but Russians for example would have a lot of issues (Greeks, Turks etc as well), no matter how good their internet is they have to cross too many countries before reaching the servers.
    But playable does not mean perfect, people living on the US east coast would have a big edge over any Euro player. And I do mean "big".
    Last edited by kalston; 7th March 2013 at 15:18.

Dont merge! We will have more lagers from US it is enough having these russians lagging around.

Quote Originally Posted by bolas View Post
    But will that integrate US and EU servers?
    as far as I remember from the last livestream, no.

but honestly I would be very happy with Crom Fury Rage becoming dimensions like in TSW and having cross dimension pvp minigame queuing.

also dimension switch on the fly, cross dimension friend list and inviting. it just works like a charm in TSW, love this technology

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast