Thread: Going from premium to free 2 play?

Default Going from premium to free 2 play?

As the thread title, what do I lose froma premium account if I downgrade to f2p? Anything? Non f2p charecters like HoX? Offline levelling points?

First post in years and the forums were nuked a minute afterwards. Awesome.

You loose 50% of inventory space and there's a limit on how much gold you can have (10g?). Also you loose access to Khitai and some high level dungoesn and you can't gain more AA.

All classes are now f2p, but you can only have 3 active (after going f2p you have to choose which ones on the login screen).

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    ... but you can only have 3 active (after going f2p you have to choose which ones on the login screen).
    Are you sure ? afaik you will get 2 from the original slots and all of the additional slots you´ve bought.

Yes you can unlock only 2 slots. Also you won't get any more offline level.

Bank inventory will be 2/5. The other 3/5 will be greyed out, but you can still take them out (but not back in).
    Basic inventory will be cut 50%, then your bag is added (so roughly 11 slots will be greyed out like above).
    Quest inventory will be cut by 11 or more slots as well. The slots will be greyed out and you will probably end up with all quests bugged involving any items in there. Also if you have only grey spots and receive a quest item, the quest will get bugged (e.g. you will NOT get that item).
    Resource inventory will get around 11 greyed slots too.
    You will still be able to see global. Chat options vary a bit...i have seen ex-premiums able to post in the forums and have full access to tells and such, while others got the limitations.
    Any gold above 10 you have will be put into a "saved" spot as well as any gold you earn when already at 10g.
    The quest log will be limited to 30 quests again. Any quests over that will get bugged or be lost probably (actually i think they get cut).
    You can choose which chars to unlock, it will not matter, if it was a premium class or not. The number is 2+any veteran and bought slots (so if you play since 2008 you probably can unlock 4 or so).
    You will keep your offline levels and earned AA. If you have khitai you can even earn new AA by playing and reading books (just the timed AA will be disabled). Any timed AA you chose as premium will continue to train.

So, before going f2p from premium there are some things to do first:
    - do quests till the log shows less than 30
    - sort your bank, so that any items you don't need to use regularly but want to keep are in the lower three rows
    - sort your quest inventory
    - sort your resource inventory
    - sort your inventory (like bank)
    - move money over 10g amongst chars or into a guild bank (or just keep it in the saved space, depends if you want to use it or not as f2p)

You lose 50% of inventory space and there's a limit on how much gold you can have (10g?). Also you lose access to Khitai and some high level dungoesn and you can't gain more AA.
    Basically - you lose incentive to play anymore if you used to be premium.

Here's hoping a b2p-like model gets introduced so I can return one day...

Quote Originally Posted by marlasca View Post
    Basically - you lose incentive to play anymore if you used to be premium.

Here's hoping a b2p-like model gets introduced so I can return one day...
    For me f2p mode is useless - I won't have access to content that is still somehow enjoyable for me after these years.

I'm running on promotional subs, so I feel slight pain in my wallet only once a year

I'm running on promotional subs, so I feel slight pain in my wallet only once a year
    Yeah that's what I've been doing for the past three years or so, just picking up the annual sub pack with goodies. Works out to a pretty cheap sub and you get neat stuff that you actually could use.

It's like Kurt said I have 6 toons unlocked on one account and 5 on another and I still gain AA's just can't time them. As for the 10g I get close on one toon and send it to a storage toon and start all over again. You also can still get rares by doing DMH and Monkey Island which allows you to store them up "if" you want to resub for a month to buy a Khitai armor piece or something along those lines.