Thread: Best Choice from Rewards

Question Best Choice from Rewards

I just finished the Blacksmith quest where you retrieve his ore from the ship in the dock. I got a key and a choice of 3 boots as a reward. The stats from the boots are con/int, con/wis and con/sta. Which one would be the best choice for a bear shaman? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Zfxi

Stats that are good for BS:

- strength
    - constitution
    - combat rating
    - hit rating
    - critical rating
    - critical damage rating
    - heal rating (for endgame)

Bear Shamans should wear medium armour, but IIRC if your level is below 10 or 20 you have to use light instead.

Sometimes quest rewards are completely useless for you, so don't worry.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 5th March 2013 at 13:48.

If I remember correctly, the key is for the chest in front of the mausoleum on White Sands Island

Yeah don't worry too much at those levels; you'll soon probably find something better anyway. Especially if you're railroaded into Light for now. Misi gave some good guidance on stats though. Usually you can tell from those quest rewards that certain items are made for certain classes. Sometimes there isn't anything good for your class, it just depends. I don't remember exactly which quest/rewards you're talking about, but don't get too worried about picking the wrong item that early on.

Yep, the key is for the chest in front of the mausoleum on White Sands. It will have that "magic mist" effect all the time, but you can use it only once - it will give you some crappy green item.

You will change gear very often, so don't sweat on it too much. Still, there are some good items to pick up along the way from quests - f.e. before leaving Tortage, be sure to finish the questline from Otho (in the inn). You will also get a nice chest and hammer from the main quest.

Every medium armour you'll find that doesn't look like something for rangers is for you (i.e. doesn't have Dexterity and/or combat rating bow/crossbow).

Wisdom is priest stat, but it gives almost nothing to Bear Shamans - you won't be able to accumulate enough to make any difference.

Similar issue with Intelligence and Dexterity - you will get small benefit from them, but it's counterproductive to stack them.

Bears can wear medium armor from the start!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.