Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tier 4 Conq Armor

I agree with Feadara. Also, barb is a much better dps than a conq, and sin dual wields and is a great class too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    I agree with Feadara. Also, barb is a much better dps than a conq, and sin dual wields and is a great class too.
    Conq is as good dps as those two... but as mentioned before, conq is expected to be a tank, not a dps. you can tank on carnage spec tho, just not as good as brute.
    meh...

I bought the Fearless set helm and also two West Cleave one-handed swords for dual wielding. I will keep buying Fearless armor until I have the complete set. My next step after that would be to start running real, non-RF raids with the goal of eventually running the T-5 / T-6 end game raid content and getting that gear.

As many in this thread have discussed, a conq is expected to be a tank/offtank and should not be DPS-only in a raid. Assuming I stay with the dual weapon build and the Fearless armor set, which stance should I play in most of the time going forward? Brute with Defensive stance? Does Brute with Defensive make sense with dual wielded one-handed swords as opposed to a single two-handed sword?
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Let's sum up :

-you would like to play dual wield
    -you are ok with the fact that you won't be able to be DPS only

Tanking with brute feat and dual wield combos is inefficient. You would have to swap weapons too many times for your taste in my opinion (IFA and GoDS). In addition, your aggro will suck.

I think you should go for a carnage build + at least 16 feat points in soldier tree to get the defensive stuff you need. You play in frenzy with dps buffs, and if/when you pull aggro, go back to def stance + def buffs (+cunning deflection or flashing defense if needed); hold aggro for a few seconds and then go back to frenzy + dps buffs and so on.

Under T4 gear, in end game content, and with bad main tanks; you will struggle though^^

Good luck

Brute involves 2h combos, with dw combos every now and then, but it's mostly 2h. Carnage is dw and it's meant for dps, although you can tank in carnage; you'll have higher dps (and aggro) but less survivability. Defensive stance gives you more armor, protection and hate, while frenzy stance gives you more weapon damage while leaving you weak like a clothy. So, generally, you tank in defensive stance, and you dps in frenzy stance.

If you are asking these questions like soldier stances or how to play your class, forget about T5 and T6. Do all the dungeons in the game, all the raid tiers, from T1 to T4. Farm them until you get familiar with them and you see you can tank. You can't expect to join a T6 guild if your experience is RF and WB only. Do and learn everything in the game, and in the process you'll learn your class and how the game works, especially group and raid gameplay, because it involves a lot more mechanics than solo PvE or RF/WB.

By the way, west cleave as offhand is worse than north cleave (tanking) or south cleave (dps), because your offhand weapon's base dps doesn't count but for the occasional offhand attack, while the secondary stats always work. You put the 1h with the highest dps in the main hand, while the 1h with the best stats in the offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    Brute involves 2h combos, with dw combos every now and then, but it's mostly 2h. Carnage is dw and it's meant for dps, although you can tank in carnage; you'll have higher dps (and aggro) but less survivability. Defensive stance gives you more armor, protection and hate, while frenzy stance gives you more weapon damage while leaving you weak like a clothy. So, generally, you tank in defensive stance, and you dps in frenzy stance.

If you are asking these questions like soldier stances or how to play your class, forget about T5 and T6. Do all the dungeons in the game, all the raid tiers, from T1 to T4. Farm them until you get familiar with them and you see you can tank. You can't expect to join a T6 guild if your experience is RF and WB only. Do and learn everything in the game, and in the process you'll learn your class and how the game works, especially group and raid gameplay, because it involves a lot more mechanics than solo PvE or RF/WB.

By the way, west cleave as offhand is worse than north cleave (tanking) or south cleave (dps), because your offhand weapon's base dps doesn't count but for the occasional offhand attack, while the secondary stats always work. You put the 1h with the highest dps in the main hand, while the 1h with the best stats in the offhand.
    Thank you for your input, this response cleared up my questions. If I am in a non-RF raid, I should probably stay in Brute with Defensive stance by default when I enter and use a two-handed sword.

And, no, I don't plan on doing the T-5 or T-6 raid content until I am proficient with the Conq class and also have a full set of T-4 gear.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123