Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash shop account wide Bags unlock ala TSW for aoc!

500 slot bag for one toon would be nice imo.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I hope they do something with this, and storage in general. I mean, the lack of space actually stops me buying stuff. The option to buy more storage would be good, or at least make all that vanity armor the shop sells go to your claims window and have it so you can claim it forever - I ain't buying vanity stuff, having to delete it for space reasons, and then have to "buy" it again. So I just end p not spending. We know they can make items forever claimable, so why not social gear? Or lots more storage.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Expanding storage should be free (or at least a large part free) or at least very cheap.
    They did an ok job for the "standard" inventory even though the f2p reduction is just unnecessary and annoying. But you have a basic inventory you CAN at least expand ingame or with the shop to a reasonable basis (though the bag prices are too high for charbound now). This can not be said about bank space, resource space and quest inventory though So i hope they don't forget this part when thinking about expanding inventory.
    Only then can you expect to make money from collectors or "special" items available only from certain premium quest areas or armor sets or when finally using the broad variety of emotes and vanity armor for sale in the item shop. If i have no space or would have to delete something or have to buy charbound expansions, i am not even thinking twice about NOT buying things, i would have otherwise (because i have always a certain amount of points leftover for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Critas View Post
    Joel said it be simular to TSW meaning whatever it is per bag probally be like 20-25 percent more for account wide bag unlock meaning all characters can get it, use it etc.

Which more then rocks.
    Please, not similar to TSW, because we will then have one bag for male and one bag for female chars.

/SCNR

tbh, if there would be an option to buy bags or bank slots account wide I would do it.

At the moment I´m sitting on my 64-slot bag from one of the last special sub offers because it´s account wide. I´d never ever buy a bag that cost more than 20 € for just one character. So raise the price and make it claimable for all characters.

But what would that change? AoC shop beside teleport scrolls is to rip us of. In TSW most expensive items (beside special pack like Crom Might and character transfers) cost 10$. In aoc more than 30. And somehow TSW is B2P when AoC keeps subscription fee.

Account wide purchases would be nice addition here but 1st AoC shop need repricing all things that cost more than 1200FP and second, we want some also regular new sweets. Lastest new item is 6 monts old. How should I spend money in AoC store if prices are or ridiculous high or there is nothing new I don't have already or because I don't have space where I could store them, because guess what... storage/bag cost is ridiculous high.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

I think accountwide buyable option should be an alternative for everything that fits it (items, bags, companions etc.). Certian items would still need to get a lot cheaper though to even be considerable under the condition of having them for even 18 chars

For regular content there are enough examples that could be done with few workload:
    Release a few vanity armors depending on existing npc models or unique armor models found ingame, but unavailable to the masses (or f2p). Examples would be the raid or pvp armors as social option without class restrictions or khitan looking armors (they can be different in small things like color or missing certain extras). Other stuff could be companions based on npcs or conaneque types (animals, peasants, lords, different dancers, beggars, people from different hyborian nations etc.) or even "fighting pets" (mercenaries, dogs etc.) or followers with a practical use (like the spawnable merchant, an alchemist, a weaponsmith, a donkey that increases inventory, a messenger pigeon etc.). Fighting pets and followers should have limited uses/lives or a cooldown of course.

Sad thing is the per toon bag purchase was one anoyance that got bought up when they first put them in, they are really expensive, and bound PER toon. We asked for account wide back then but it was ignored.

Also for those that already bit the bullet and purchased a bag or 2, will there be an UPGRADE option to get the for rest or will it be a purchase again.
    Last edited by Vaere; 22nd May 2013 at 15:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    Also for those that already bit the bullet and purchased a bag or 2, will there be an UPGRADE option to get the for rest or will it be a purchase again.
    I hope it's an upgrade option. I bought the biggest bag for my main and main alt... I really would love to give everyone big bags but I have like 30 toons, O.o;;;
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    Sad thing is the per toon bag purchase was one anoyance that got bought up when they first put them in, they are really expensive, and bound PER toon. We asked for account wide back then but it was ignored.

Joel said their going to add it this time he is just waiting for the billing guys to make the code, so its happening now.

Agree would paid for this account unlock years ago but better late then never as the saying goes.

Back in school I remember reading an article about the introduction of shopping trolleys in supermarkets. The whole idea was to make the shopping trolley really big to encourage people to fill it up and spend big = $$$.

I remember when I first bought my xbox with a 20 gig hdd (500g and 1tb hdd were already available for PC's) I went on to xbox live and didn't want to download anything because I would fill it up in no time. I think the logic was that people would go out and buy a bigger xbox hdd; once. Instead what they should have done was give people the biggest hdd possible and encourage them to fill it up with virtual products= $$$.

Funcom has given us the smallest possible baskets and is trying to sell us a whole bunch of stuff that won't fit.

I don't even know why I'm explaining this here. It is basic marketing knowledge and they should already know it.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast