Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed class changes on TL. Interesting. (DT's be raging - guess why? lol)

Default Proposed class changes on TL. Interesting. (DT's be raging - guess why? lol)

Hmmm. Interesting. Lots of violent opinions on these proposed changes.

So, one of the goals of the PvP gear changes was to try and avoid any class changes.
    However, after some thought and some data gathered from the first testlive event this no longer seems like it will be a realistic goal.
    Therefore we are looking at making some changes to class balance to compliment the PvP gear changes.

The changes we are currently looking at (these are not set in stone), without going into specific numbers at this point are:

Void of Madness : Normalise this ability into a single stacking buff (to remove the random factor), replace crit damage with life tap and base spell damage with mana tap and slightly lower other buff elements (based on max stack vs current individual buffs).

Burst of Aggression : This will now apply the Fighting Spirit effect for a short period and will not be possible to activate while that effect is in place.

Overcome the Odds : A particle effect will be added to this ability, a minor snare will be added.

Blessed Conquest : A minor snare will be added.

Retribution : The retributive damage from this ability will only be able to hit the same player target once every X seconds.

Conqueror Disciplines and Formations : Weapon damage gained from these abilities and the bonus provided from battlefield commander will be lowered.

Stall the Advance : The retributive damage from this ability will only be able to hit the same player target once every X seconds.

Defensive Stance and Frenzy Stance : A larger cooldown will be added to swapping between these two stances. The vulnerability debuff in Frenzy stance will be increased.

Flesh to Worms : The duration of this DoT will be reduced.

Taking the Shot : Increased cooldown on this ability.

This thread should be used to firstly provide feedback on the proposed changes and secondly to provide suggestions on any minor changes you believe we could make to get better class balance in PvP without negatively affecting PvE. These suggestions should be minor and based on existing abilities and not a full class revamp.

This does also mean the last set of changes to PvP Tier 3 Soldier armours are likely to be reverted to their present TestLive state.
    TL Link
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

I'm absolutely not against nerfing VoM. I think it's a good thing, actually. But, I'm afraid the nerf proposed will drastically reduce the hate generated. I remember that taking the aggro without VoM was simply a pain. Hitting it with the nerfhammer might be good for pvp, but then you need to balance that with +hate bonus on PVE or something. Otherwise, lowering each buff AND replacing completely the crit damage & base spell damage could be very damaging for pve tanking.

But again, let's see how it turn out on testlive and make feedback. I just hope people (or dev) won't be blind or discard complains with the excuse "pff, that's just a DT whining because he's not as op as before"
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Those changes sound reasonable, but yeah, lots of testing required to work out the knock-on effects of the changes in PvE situations.

Because really, DT with VoM in its current state is a one-trick pony. I don't understand how anyone enjoys it.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

I like how people keep saying don't listen to him or her or someone else's whine, then complain more.

Nerf dt's dps and aggro, keep carnage as it is.. What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Conqueror Disciplines and Formations : Weapon damage gained from these abilities and the bonus provided from battlefield commander will be lowered.

:-)
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post

:-)
    Bah, it won't be canged too much because OLP is OP. They will still score very high on parseers with bleeds.

No numbers yet. But I am curious to see what kind of stacking buffs they are talking about replacing VoM with. Like Barbarian stances? Super crappy agro at start of fights but imba at end?

CirithGorgor has done some good things for this game but may be dooming himself by these changes. The game is six years old now and I don't think veterans are appreciating having to learn their class over again.. Or changing the nature of the class such as that the gear meant for the class isn't the best any more.

I like this.
    Let we see what CG will come with :-)
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    I guess they were thinking players would provide intelligent, well thought through and constructive feedback. Give it a try.
    Jou ppl need to undstand that it took great skill to play the Ranjor.please stop qq bout ranjor.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast