Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conan Exiles gameplay video

Default Conan Exiles gameplay video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LU_cs3vpws

Looks cool, too bad it's one of those perma-early-access survival games.
    Last edited by krippa; 4th December 2016 at 05:16.

Looks fun and new to me. Excited to see the next live stream. Don't have to wait terribly long to play it.

I dont quite understand why everyone seems to be impressed with it. It looks like updated Age of Conan with minecraft gathering, stranded deep style building, and skyrim style combat with worse fatality blood screen splash.

It looks like nothing special to me; it looks like any other crafty survival game out atm, only without a lack of dinosaurs and a bit of lore and character customization.
    Semi-Retired
    Wiccana RP Forever
    Forum Stalker
    Forum PvPer

Quote Originally Posted by Alethia View Post
    I dont quite understand why everyone seems to be impressed with it. It looks like updated Age of Conan with minecraft gathering, stranded deep style building, and skyrim style combat with worse fatality blood screen splash.

It looks like nothing special to me; it looks like any other crafty survival game out atm, only without a lack of dinosaurs and a bit of lore and character customization.
    I agree.

I think when CE comes out, some player quit AoC and both games are fked with population...well lets see and hope im wrong.

AoC best! Do u hear me Funcom? AOC BEST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Timaras View Post
    I agree.

I think when CE comes out, some player quit AoC and both games are fked with population...well lets see and hope im wrong.

AoC best! Do u hear me Funcom? AOC BEST!!!!!!
    Most aoc players already play other games aswell, and this is another genre then aoc so I dont think its gonna affect aoc playeybase much.

Game looks okay in survivalgames standard, but seems very buggy with clipping and hairissues
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

I don't know how anyone is impressed with this crap, unless Funcom have successfully flushed their standards down the toilet. It looks like someone modded AoC with a terrible Skyrim combat system, braindead gathering/building and a trashy looking interface, and oh yes bugs galore as that's a trademark of any Funcom game and any survival game.
    Last edited by Evito; 6th December 2016 at 11:01.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Being a paying customer to funcom from first months of 2009 to 2016 untill the "nice" updates I will make a prediction list which I believe anyone who involves as a customer with funcom games will agree with:

1)They will launch exiles.
    2) Game will have a lot of bugs and exploits- people will leave.
    3) People will realise it doesnt have enough content to keep them busy so more of them will leave.
    5) Funcom will be few months already behind schedule as usual to add new content and to react on fixing bugs and exploits- again even more people will leave.
    6) Some small playerbase will keep playing.
    7) Funcom realise that the game isnt as succesfull as their "proffesionall scientists" had predict.
    8) Funcom announcing new game that is being develop.

Only thing I can say to Funcom is Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity??
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Being a paying customer to funcom from first months of 2009 to 2016 untill the "nice" updates I will make a prediction list which I believe anyone who involves as a customer with funcom games will agree with:

1)They will launch exiles.
    2) Game will have a lot of bugs and exploits- people will leave.
    3) People will realise it doesnt have enough content to keep them busy so more of them will leave.
    5) Funcom will be few months already behind schedule as usual to add new content and to react on fixing bugs and exploits- again even more people will leave.
    6) Some small playerbase will keep playing.
    7) Funcom realise that the game isnt as succesfull as their "proffesionall scientists" had predict.
    8) Funcom announcing new game that is being develop.

Only thing I can say to Funcom is Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity??
    They've already announced, or perhaps confirmed is a better word, at least one more Conan game and, if I remember right, another TSW spinoff. Though there's no details as of yet.

As someone who's never had any interest in or played any survival games I do intend to give Exiles a test drive at the least. It doesn't seem to be an either/or thing to me as far as AoC goes as they are vastly different types of games. But I certainly can't say how well it'll hold up for someone who's looking for a full time, hardcore game to play exclusively.

Game didn't look to bad, but I'm not into survival games so it's not for me. Would have rather seen the resources put into AoC.

Aside from character creation options, underwhelming.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast