Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director’s Letter – May 2013

You visit your guild city in Lacheish and buy yourself a crate of purified daggermalt then check the trader.
    Suddenly a message pops up on your screen, "A guild city is under attack !!".
    You think "huh, what's this?"
    You climb the gate tower and look over the wall. You see a mass of Gurnaki, perhaps 50 of them (normal mobs) and they are prodding an ice golem in front of them towards your walls.

/gu OMFG guys. You won't believe this our guild city is under attack.
    [Guild]Jim: Huh, what are you smoking.
    /gu No dude I'm fr rlz there a bunch of Gurnaki attacking our guild city. Come see!
    [Guild]Jim: Alright, brt.
    [Global]Jim: There's a world boss attacking our city come quick. Instance Nu Instance Nu!!
    [Global]Someprck: yeah right whatever.
    [Global]Coolguy: Holy crap guys it's tru. There's a giant ice giant thingy guy attacking a guild city!
    [Global]Coolguy: Instance NU!
    [Global]Someprck: What zone noobs?
    [Global]Jim: Lachish plains dude! Come quick we're under attack.
    [Global]Dumbss: I'm in Lacheish and i don't see anything. Ignore them they are trolling you.
    /global instance Nu dumbass!
    [LFG]Darkomni: Yag farm LF healer/rogue with AA's. Spawn found. Port in
    [Global]Dumbss: OMFG It's huge!
    [Global]Scaeve: (bigredfonts) Ice Golem Lacheish Plains Instance Nu 100% -Confirmed!
    [Global]Qqer: x up for Ice Golem
    [Global]Player1: x
    [NPH]Noob: What's a guild city? Can I get a house there with storage?
    [Global]Player2: x
    [Global]Player3: x
    [Global]Player4: x
    [Global]Player2: x Ice Golem !
    [Global]Player5: x
    [Global]Player51: I'm in Lacheish there is no instance Nu.
    [Global]Jim: Instance must be full.
    [Global]Dumbss: Instance is full noob don't you know anything
    [Global]Scaeve: (bigredfonts) ICE GOLEM, Lacheish Plains, Instance Nu 62% -CONFIRMED!
    [Global]Player51: wha?! I missed out?
    /global SFF on frozen people!
    [Global]Dumbss: gotta get here fast mate. you snooze you lose
    [Global]Jim: 32%
    [Global]Satetka: Go forth my loyal Stygian minions and vanquish this foe !
    [Global]Privateer: Everyone STFU and pay more attention to me!
    /global OMG I can't believe this is happening. It's so cool!
    [Global]Jim: Don't just focus the boss kill the Gurnaki too!
    Bob is now online.
    [Guild]Bob: hey guys what's up
    [Guild]Jim: x get to guild city fast! world boss is attacking
    [Global]Player2: need healz
    [Guild]Bob: This is strange my path of comrades not working.
    [Guild]Jim: must be cos zone is full
    [Global]Player3: 5%
    [Global]Player14: Woot!
    [Global]Player33: Guys got this [Staff of the Ice Golem]
    [Global]Player17: Same crap again [Flaming Sanduca]
    [Global]Player25: grats
    [Global]Player7: nice stats!

Last edited by Daynan; 30th May 2013 at 18:26.

Great changes coming to AoC. I appreciate the work being put in, and I enjoyed the 5 yr event - I've been making new twinks for low level pvp mini games that will have aa's.

Anyway, I'm happy about Dragon Spine being worked on and hopefully becoming relevant.

The three gathering zones...I would like to see these become open world pvp zones - even if you are on a pve server, and have rare resources that you have to battle for. Perhaps when crafting revamp comes have the mats drop in these areas that have tenacity. Just a thought.

PVE sieges? How about try out a pvp siege if that's what you're into? Just a thought.

Why turn them into another border kingdoms? So we can have more empty zones?

For those of you with ideas for the new resource zones, please post them in this thread.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

That thread only allows you to post 2 sentences and people may have lots of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    [Guild]Jim: Huh, what are you smoking.
    Fact one, you can easily reset the boss, pull&run so boss should instantly dead (place for trolls)

Fact two, you can use goad so with bunch of n0obz is a bit hard tank it while someone using goad every cd.

Can I join that joint ? pl0x
    We will be Serious after death.

You visit your guild city in Lacheish and buy yourself a crate of purified daggermalt then check the trader.
    Suddenly a message pops up on your screen, "A guild city is under attack !!".
    You think "huh, what's this?"
    You climb the gate tower and look over the wall. You see a mass of Gurnaki, perhaps 50 of them (normal mobs) and they are prodding an ice golem in front of them towards your walls.

While this would be one awesome idea, I only hope that if it got implemented, the guild city itself couldn't be destroyed like Battlekeeps can be. That would be pretty devistating imo.
    English Community

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

That thread only allows you to post 2 sentences and people may have lots of ideas.
    Two sentenses per suggestion. And it's just to keep things on topic and precise. Nothing wrong with having 20 suggestions in one post.
    English Community

Nah the stupid Ice Golem would probably just reach the city walls and start growling until enough people came out to kill it. Much like the Obsidian Basilisk doesn't really attack Gun Hai.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    In response to "What to do with tradeskill zones" I say keep them for guild cities and border kingdom sieges, but add something like large scale Kushite, Hyperborean, and Zingarian attacks or something.
    Agreed. There was an interview back in 2008 with Gaute where large NPC attacks were supposed to happen and you had to defend your guild cities/villages.

Obviously that was never implemented, but it would be an interesting feature depending on how it's done.

Edit: You transferred to Set? :O

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast