Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    That's correct; we feel that the overall value of the new Membership with all its factors combined (New conveniences and perks, Loyalty Rewards, lower pricepoint on 30-day membership) has increased to the level where you won't miss the extra 200 points per month. We hope you'll agree
    Compared to the competition - on a plain old money value comparison, of course Age of Conan is a better game than most - those free points should be mandatory for "VIP" (hint, hint). But yeah playing a Funcom game was always a bit more of a premium experience hehe.
    Former German Community Manager

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    A massive increase to the monthly points was the only thing that would offset the insane 4-5x increase to the 4 hr pots. How exactly will this massive price gouging for these items be rectified?

Also, not too happy all my offline levels will be wiped out.
    Consumables will be a part of some of the free Login/Challenge rewards that are coming up. We understand your concerns about the prices.

The Offline Levels part was definitely something I was concerned about as well, but the passive boosts to XP gains (instead of having to use the Blessing of Asura) should boost progression enough to the point where they won't be needed. Plus, it's a reason for people to actually log in and play their alts instead of sitting on OLs. That's how I see it, anyway.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

"If you are an active Member at the time the new system launches, we’ll give you the Dragon’s Spine pack for free!"

by active you mean a premium membership or just to be online at that time ?

Hey all,

We wanted to take a moment to share (mostly) full details on the upcoming Membership revamp we have in store for you all.

As our producer, nophex, mentioned in the ongoing Update 4.10 Feedback thread, we’ll have a bunch of new bonuses and rewards for Members once the new system is implemented.

Membership will now grant the following:

• A passive 30% bonus to PvE and PvP XP, including AA for as long as you’re a member.
    • 15 Teleport Coins, per character, each month for free.
    • Boosted Token gains from Raids, PvP and Khitai areas.
    • A passive 30% increase to all faction gains.
    • The ability to unlock Alternate Advancement perks via time, starting at Level 20.
    • An additional AA point per level gained.
    • +7 Character slots. New, Free accounts made after the transition start with 1 character slot by default. All existing accounts will keep however many slots they had.
    • Increased Quest Journal capacity.
    • Unlimited gold capacity.

Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live. We’re aiming at June 30th; this date is subject to change, but you should use your offline levels by then, as there will be no way to recover them after the changes go live!

Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership.

Veteran Tokens are no longer gained with Membership, but players will keep what they had and may still use them at Veteran vendors. Instead of Veteran Tokens, Members will be enrolled in The Loyalty Rewards program. This offers awesome new rewards for our Members at 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360-day tiers, including a brand-new mount type as the top-end reward. Additional rewards will be unveiled every 6 months.

We are also implementing a daily login reward and challenge system which will grant various rewards for free, including consumables, tokens, AA XP, and more.

An active membership will not be required to enter *any* content you have already purchased. This means any Rise of the Godslayer or Dragon’s Spine playfield, including associated raids and Unchained dungeons. Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. If you are an active Member at the time the new system launches, we’ll give you the Dragon’s Spine pack for free!

Membership and Rise of the Godslayer are no longer required to use the Alternate Advancement system.

And, last but certainly not least, we’re going to have a new price point for the 30-day membership. More info to come.

That about wraps up what’s going on; if I missed anything, I’ll be sure to add on to this. I'm sure you all have plenty of say about all this, so please, again, feel free to leave your feedback here in this thread.
    will i keep ALL my characters slots i have on june 30th as a premium subscriber ? or will i lose 6 or 7 if my sub will time out ?
    and what will be f2p gold limit ?
    Last edited by Cappa; 13th June 2016 at 21:18.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

We hope you'll agree
    No, we can see TSW bonuses and at least some of us can count. TSW gets 10$ bonus points and other in-game bonuses. When you lower 15 by 10 we end with monlty sub cost at 5$. Do you like to say that's our new month sub price? With year premium cost about 35$? Otherwise don't even pretend it's good deal at all.
    Last edited by bogus; 13th June 2016 at 21:14.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Do non-subscribers not have access to the AA system?
    Will characters be locked for f2p players like it is currently where you can only unlock a couple chars or will you keep access to all the chars you own? If not how many characters can I unlock to play with as a F2P?

That's correct; we feel that the overall value of the new Membership with all its factors combined (New conveniences and perks, Loyalty Rewards, lower pricepoint on 30-day membership) has increased to the level where you won't miss the extra 200 points per month. We hope you'll agree
    I don't think many will agree but hope for your sake I'm wrong. I expected at least 1000 points per month to make it worth it. Without more info on the loyalty rewards I can't really judge but the way it looks now there is absolutely NOTHING (except access to gold that can't be spend on anything) that would make a player with already developed chars sub.

Why do offline levels get wiped? I really don't see any reason for that. Except Alandalara almost nobody cares they are there and all you do is take previously earned loyalty rewards away. Further more, what guarantee do I have that if I decide to sub under these conditions of the new membership system you or someone else won't come next year and tell me that they thank me for my money but they will take the loyalty rewards away (for which I paid and which I earned by being loyal) for reasons absolutely unknown. How is this not theft? I fcking paid you for those offline levels and they are mine now! You own an item -> I pay you money -> I get item -> Item is mine now
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 13th June 2016 at 21:17.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by aboody9 View Post
    "If you are an active Member at the time the new system launches, we’ll give you the Dragon’s Spine pack for free!"

by active you mean a premium membership or just to be online at that time ?
    I mean an active Premium Membership, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    will i keep ALL my characters slots i have on june 30th as a premium subscriber ? or will i lose 6 or 7 if my sub will time out ?
    Whatever extra slots you have purchased will remain, but if your Membership expires, the extra slots that come with that will also be disabled until you renew. That hasn't changed from the current system.

NEW Free accounts only get 1 slot to begin with, but get to 8 with Membership like how it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Do non-subscribers not have access to the AA system?
    Will characters be locked for f2p players like it is currently where you can only unlock a couple chars or will you keep access to all the chars you own?
    You may access the AA system without having a Membership nor Rise of the Godslayer.

The lock/unlock system will persist in the same state it is now. If your Membership expires, you may unlock as many characters as you have slots for. You simply get an extra seven slots for being a Member. We're not taking away any slots for existing accounts.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

The lock/unlock system will persist in the same state it is now. If your Membership expires, you may unlock as many characters as you have slots for. You simply get an extra seven slots for being a Member. We're not taking away any slots for existing accounts.
    Ok cool. I'm still slightly confused now though. The way it works now is that I have 12 slots or so but as F2P I can only unlock about 3 or 4 I think. The rest are locked until I go premium again.
    So will it persist in the same stats as it is now or can I unlock as many characters as I have slots?

I don't get it. Why are you messing with stuff that did not need fixing. You should have left the prices alone, and kept the bonus funcom points for the subscribers. You should have halved the subscription fees, or put more effort to fixing the bugs that are half a decade old. I don't mind paying a premium subscription for a premium product. Group bugs, video bugs, wall bugs, invisible mounts, looting bugs, resurrection window bugs, latency spikes, horrible loot balancing, and item progression with no logic... Thats not a premium feeling. Also all subscribers HAVE TO have access to the best items in game, through regular ways of playing the game. Pay to win (7% crit pots) have to go, it's a joke really.

Default defeated...

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    No, we can see TSW bonuses and at least some of us can count. TSW gets 10$ bonus points and other in-game bonuses. When you lower 15 by 10 we end with monlty sub cost at 5$. Do you like to say that's our new month sub price? With year premium cost about 35$? Otherwise don't even pretend it's good deal at all.
    I was going to mention how many bonus points TSW get per month but didn't see the point.

I'm still pretty disappointed that they removed the 100 bank slot upgrade from the store. I had bought it on one character that I no longer play when it was the item of the day and was waiting to buy it on my primary character when it was the item of the day. Well, both the 100 bank slot upgrade and the item of the day were removed and now it would run me about 4500fc to buy the equivalent bank space with the 10 slot scroll upgrades for 450. Not a chance I'll be doing that.

I wish I could move the upgrade to my primary character. Don't see that happening either.

I just feel defeated right now and am ready to lay down my sword and die.
    Last edited by Hrulfr; 13th June 2016 at 21:25.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast