Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Update tomorrow? Saga?

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    But this wouldn't stretch the almost non existing content. RF was just created to have a insanely long farm to keep people playing, just like the Asian MMOs. Add long "development" phases and you can stretch content that would die after 3 months max. over almost 2 years.
    This I take for granted, it is obvious that an RF is created to maximize the game life without content and the same incapable players have proved to be worthy heirs of the Koreans. They are able to farm an RF 24/24 7/7 for a couple of relics when a REAL T4 raid would give more satisfaction and an average reward of 9-10 times better.
    And the RF has always been a blackmail that compels that 10-20% of playerbase, I do not say more skilled, but at least conscious of what they are doing and in what game they are logged in, to tow the remaining 80-90%, their parents and their grandparents while they are in RF to wipe or afk leaching their shining T4.
    And this is the reason why the gems are at the vendor and not in dungeons (the average RF player would not be able to get them, in fact they use the blue SC).

This does not imply any kind of respect and coherence as well as create more gems, however, would have lengthened the content, perhaps if there had been among the gems one protection, one hit rating, one critigation for example, I could also think of buying more rings to gem them in different ways for more flexibility or create my ideal ring, not the best, but the one that suits my style of play, lengthening my torture in RF. In this way, where they FORCE me to have the gem THEY SAY me, the same for everyone it's nonsense, disrespectful and indolent!
    Last edited by zujilin; 17th January 2018 at 12:45.
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Yeah not everyone sees pointless power increases with no new appropriate difficulty/engaging content to use them in and feeling too strong anywhere in the game as a good thing .Weird **** eh ?
    Ok genious, tell us what should of funcom added. Hit rating is pointless as much as crit to a tier 6 geared char. 60 crit wont make much diff to already geared char. You want a challenge roll new alt. 60 crit is far more usefull in general to an alt, as far mains anything you add to the character is just another stat.
    Last edited by armatur; 17th January 2018 at 18:11.

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    This I take for granted, it is obvious that an RF is created to maximize the game life without content and the same incapable players have proved to be worthy heirs of the Koreans. They are able to farm an RF 24/24 7/7 for a couple of relics when a REAL T4 raid would give more satisfaction and an average reward of 9-10 times better.
    And the RF has always been a blackmail that compels that 10-20% of playerbase, I do not say more skilled, but at least conscious of what they are doing and in what game they are logged in, to tow the remaining 80-90%, their parents and their grandparents while they are in RF to wipe or afk leaching their shining T4.
    And this is the reason why the gems are at the vendor and not in dungeons (the average RF player would not be able to get them, in fact they use the blue SC).

This does not imply any kind of respect and coherence as well as create more gems, however, would have lengthened the content, perhaps if there had been among the gems one protection, one hit rating, one critigation for example, I could also think of buying more rings to gem them in different ways for more flexibility or create my ideal ring, not the best, but the one that suits my style of play, lengthening my torture in RF. In this way, where they FORCE me to have the gem THEY SAY me, the same for everyone it's nonsense, disrespectful and indolent!

As a player who played hardcore for 3 years after launch (40-50 hours a week), and has returned after a 7 year break, I think RF is something different...at least for me.
    While it can be a long term farm goal, it has done a lot in helping re-learn raids, and even learn new raids.

It is my understanding these are watered down versions, but the mechanics are there to help you learn.
    From my perspective, RF is absolutely fantastic in bridging the gap between new players, returning players, and the experienced vets.

It is sad that more long term players aren't willing to spend time to help educate the new or returning players, instead taking the route of asking them to stand in the corner while talking about their mother.
    RF, when with a friendly group is amazing for learning or re-learning encounters and can help peak the interest of new and returning players.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenjoerd View Post
    Really? No Hitrating but crit and const?

Thats funcom at its best... low hitrating on T6. No hitrating on best rings ingame, but hey lets go with even MORE crit... and yeah lets do some const, so even the last braindead DPS won't have to bother about surviving AoE DMG...

Looks like noone @ funcom is playing this game anymore...
    Dude how often you parry or miss combo, I hardly notice combo miss or parry, even if it did which is super rare, I just cancel and reapply the combo. There is already too much hit rating in pvp, using evade abilities is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    Ok genious, tell us what should of funcom added. Hit rating is pointless as much as crit to a tier 6 geared char. 60 crit wont make much diff to already geared char. You want a challenge roll new alt. 60 crit is far more usefull in general to an alt, as far mains anything you add to the character is just another stat.
    NEW CONTENT that isn't rf related and doesn't blow up the op stats situation even more ?GENIUS.I get you enjoy your dps numbers going up,that is totally fine.

Hit rating is relevant for certain classes because not everyone plays a class that has the same 2 general perks equipped since the beginning of time.And sorry to say but a new alt isn't actually a challenge anymore.

Now tell me why does my assassin need to be at 32% base crit ,my dt at over 26 and my barb going along that way too?What content in this game requires that kind of dps check ?And don't say dungeon master timers because we did those in mixed t5/t4 geared toons .Should these gems get a good reception just because it's another stat to add and farm rf?Enlighten me
    Sinqq - Elitist QQer

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    A lot of procs from spells that can crit + more crit rating => higher amount of critical hits

high amount of critical hits + Void of Madness AA perk => high amount of Void of Madness buffs

high amount of Void of Madness buffs => a lot of additional damage, critical damage rating, magic damage, magic damage modifier and weapon damage

So yes, in conclusion, 4.1 points of raw DPS increase (which is roughly one legendary chaos gem with combat rating) would be a lot worse for a DT than 60 crit rating which is around 1.5% critical hit chance (when added to an already high crit chance which can be achieved by simply using khitai gear and an ibis sword). Add a potion to this and you got the current monster class that is a DT, you can outdps DPS classes while maintanking and if your crits land right with Blood Pact you can easily outheal a healer.

I am not trying to be funny in any way because this **** isn't funny, its pure bad design and shouldn't stay that way in any game... And to make this already bad situation even worse they added this gem.
    My DT has pretty bad gear, no fancy stuff (not even T4 gear) but seeing 2k damage crits coming up by simply spamming instant shadow hex and doing white hits (shadow hex proc chance) while getting almost no damage from a boss is simply stupid. I am not saying DTs shouldn't do any damage but when the DPS spec becomes the better option for tanking than the actual tanking spec then something went horribly wrong. I am not going to write more about this topic, it has been discussed for years now and nothing has or will change so there is no need to even talk about it.
    Its not the gem, its the class thats been op for ages, so maybe balance vom so there is cd on how often you can use crit buffs.

Dude how often you parry or miss combo, I hardly notice combo miss or parry, even if it did which is super rare, I just cancel and reapply the combo. There is already too much hit rating in pvp, using evade abilities is pointless.

You obviously never played certain classes. Conq is one of the classes that really starve on hitrating using these rings.

PS: If you ever (even if its rare) have to cancell a combo cos of parry, you could use more hitrating
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    NEW CONTENT that isn't rf related and doesn't blow up the op stats situation even more ?GENIUS.I get you enjoy your dps numbers going up,that is totally fine.

Hit rating is relevant for certain classes because not everyone plays a class that has the same 2 general perks equipped since the beginning of time.And sorry to say but a new alt isn't actually a challenge anymore.

Now tell me why does my assassin need to be at 32% base crit ,my dt at over 26 and my barb going along that way too?What content in this game requires that kind of dps check ?And don't say dungeon master timers because we did those in mixed t5/t4 geared toons .Should these gems get a good reception just because it's another stat to add and farm rf?Enlighten me
    New content hahaha you joking right, Edit by Anzu: That part is not needed.? It took funcom almost a year to put a recolored gem to the game, and you expect content. Only guard might have issue with hit rating, but even that is not an issue at all.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th January 2018 at 21:24.

New content hahaha you joking right, Edit by Anzu: That part is not needed.? It took funcom almost a year to put a recolored gem to the game, and you expect content. Only guard might have issue with hit rating, but even that is not an issue at all.
    I don't expect anything ,you asked what should be added .As for your hit rating comments.... well no comment
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th January 2018 at 21:26.
    Sinqq - Elitist QQer

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    You obviously never played certain classes. Conq is one of the classes that really starve on hitrating using these rings.

PS: If you ever (even if its rare) have to cancell a combo cos of parry, you could use more hitrating
    It probably happens once per entire raid fight, big deal, every class will benefit from crit rating, While only 2 classes that could find hit rating usefull and that is conq and guard.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast