Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Overpowered PVP EXP Gain (PLS NERF)

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    That is a myth. By way of example, here's the key (aggregated) stat differences between the ToS T3 v T1 pvp sets (using the T3 def accessories, since there is no dmg necklace and cape for T1):

magic damage: +214,4 +21,38%
    crit chance: +120 +31,17%
    crit dmg: +121 +32,10%
    armor: +864 +14,88%
    prot: +370 +16,74%
    critigation: +998 +46,38%

These are not nominal differences - they are quite substantial both in absolute and in relative terms.
    It's really not substantial. Substantial is the old pvp armor would for my class had well over 400 magic damage less than pve t4. You only had the damage rings and no dps version of a pvp cape or neck, the weapons were a joke. The t1 gear was absolutely trash until they rebalanced it. If you don't remember, it had ZERO critigation or tenacity, and extremely low stats on almost everything but constitution and protection.

So, compared to what the armor USED to be to now, it's actually very nominal between the sets. Of course t3 is going to be better, but saying you can't be competitive in t1 on any class just is not simply true. Your figures are deeply overstated, since the majority of the magic damage difference is from the lack of a dps cape and neck, which is a huge amount. The actual magic damage between just the armor sets is hardly noticeable.

Everyone agrees there should be a t0 set, I have suggested it many times throughout the years. But with the pvp week on both servers, continuous quests on fury, and the new vanquisher quest, it's extremely easy to level now compared to any time in the game. It's the easiest it's ever been, I really don't see what your point is other than there isn't a t0, which you could buy t1 outright in the store, if you really wanted to.
    Doomsayer 2008

made hox, got power leveled to 80 in day, next evening pvp level 4. thx fury event. GG
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    made hox, got power leveled to 80 in day, next evening pvp level 4. thx fury event. GG
    And i got a pve t4 weapon beating the crap out of your pvp t1 in one single night of pve, come back when you will be pvp 10 in a couple of months. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    And i got a pve t4 weapon beating the crap out of your pvp t1 in one single night of pve, come back when you will be pvp 10 in a couple of months. ^^
    I doubt u beat the crap out of me honestly besides took friend to get barb from pvp 1 to 10 in 4 months , so not that bad imo :>
    while it took me 2 week to get conq from pvp 7-10, and I could do pvp when I wanted not when had to fit my rl life into stupid raid schedules and wait hours before the raid even start, and noobs dont focus and wipe festival GG.
    just to add, took 2 days to get ranger from 7 to 8 few minis + few events thats it
    lets just go back on topic shall we ?
    The Law

I doubt u beat the crap out of me honestly besides took friend to get barb from pvp 1 to 10 in 4 months , so not that bad imo :>
    while it took me 2 week to get conq from pvp 7-10, and I could do pvp when I wanted not when had to fit my rl life into stupid raid schedules and wait hours before the raid even start, and noobs dont focus and wipe festival GG.
    just to add, took 2 days to get ranger from 7 to 8 few minis + few events thats it
    lets just go back on topic shall we ?
    Oh i was refering to the gear, not your person as a player. Pointless waste of time to provoke somebody like that on a forum made of words and ideas.

It's very good if you progress that fast on the pvp side but it's certainly not average joe's possibility without exploiting the system, casual or let alone a newbie and that is the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It's really not substantial. Substantial is the old pvp armor would for my class had well over 400 magic damage less than pve t4. ...

So, compared to what the armor USED to be to now, it's actually very nominal between the sets. Of course t3 is going to be better, but saying you can't be competitive in t1 on any class just is not simply true. Your figures are deeply overstated, since the majority of the magic damage difference is from the lack of a dps cape and neck, which is a huge amount. The actual magic damage between just the armor sets is hardly noticeable.

... I really don't see what your point is other than there isn't a t0 ...
    You should really check your figures - or at least read what I posted. As I stated above, I used the T3 def necklace and cape for my comparison, since there are no comparable dps items at T1. If I had used dps accessories, the difference in magic damage would be more pronounced.

Also, if you call a 21% difference in magic damage, and 30%+ in both crit and crit damage ratings, "not substantial" or even "nominal", I beg to differ. Sure it is not as bad as old pvp armour vs T4, but it is still a pretty substantial difference. Can you be competitive with T1 gear? Certainly. But do these differences come into the equation when pitting players of approximately equal skill level against each other? That is just as certain.

As to my point, I don't think rebalancing stat budgets is the way to go, since FC indicated numerous times that this process is quite time-consuming. But I'd like to see a somewhat accelerated PvP XP gain from minis, and a 1/3 reduction in token costs for PvP T2 items.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    You should really check your figures - or at least read what I posted. As I stated above, I used the T3 def necklace and cape for my comparison, since there are no comparable dps items at T1. If I had used dps accessories, the difference in magic damage would be more pronounced.

Also, if you call a 21% difference in magic damage, and 30%+ in both crit and crit damage ratings, "not substantial" or even "nominal", I beg to differ. Sure it is not as bad as old pvp armour vs T4, but it is still a pretty substantial difference. Can you be competitive with T1 gear? Certainly. But do these differences come into the equation when pitting players of approximately equal skill level against each other? That is just as certain.

As to my point, I don't think rebalancing stat budgets is the way to go, since FC indicated numerous times that this process is quite time-consuming. But I'd like to see a somewhat accelerated PvP XP gain from minis, and a 1/3 reduction in token costs for PvP T2 items.
    Gear is not that big deal of anyway, people just use it as an excuse, what matters is latency + aa, sure t1-t3 have some differences but it is nothing game breaking like aa is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9o7GI4dSZE
    broom vs ibis barb duels
    ^ purely a latency fight, broom barb with wery good ms vs barb with 300+ ping
    The Law

Gear is not that big deal of anyway, people just use it as an excuse, what matters is latency + aa, sure t1-t3 have some differences but it is nothing game breaking like aa is.
    broom vs ibis barb duels
    Look at the figures I posted - AA is not a bigger deal than gear. Assuming you do zero PvE, the two probably have approx. the same impact once you get PvP T1 (before that, gear is obviously much more of a problem; and for people who also do PvE, getting the relevant AAs on the PvE side is not a big deal).

Of course people use gear and AAs as an excuse, but so what? Based on this argument, gear available to vets can be made several orders of magnitude better than gear available to noobs - since clearly, the vet would also beat the noob without the gear/AA advantage. The problem with such a system is that it has very high entry barriers for new/casual players, including those who have the potential to become decent PvPers. So no, the fact that people use gear and AAs as an excuse is simply not a valid argument.

Latency is a completely different problem of course, and quite an issue for us Europeans.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

broom vs ibis barb duels
    Latency is a problem found in every online games even the old school purely twitch and knowledge based competitive fps genre where there is generaly no progression other than your skills as a player and knowledge of the weapons and the maps, it is not a specific to progression in a mmorpg and appart from moving servers it's not something a developer could significantly reduce as opposed to the topic. It is indeed a problem but it's outside the box, same for cheats, exploits and third party programs, you cant balance out things around them.

Beside, a single video of a duel between 2 people is nice to watch but couldn't be a material able to represent the average in term of actual gameplay, it's basically only showing that one player bested the other using the same class that day under those circumstances, eventually because of the latency, skill or drunk?

Neither of you sound like you actually PvP. I don't even understand the point of the thread anymore. Do the PvP events and instantly level. It the fastest leveling for PvP experience that anyone has seen. You get hubdrends of Bori tokens and a disgusting amount of badges fir doing the quests. Vanquished quest during the rest of the month helps as well, so do the exp rings from the store. In a few weeks we can all farm for PvP candy, so what are you both complaning about. Try leveling the way I did, you would have something to complain about.
    Doomsayer 2008