Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos' Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    No not all, I just want people to understand the nature of how this works. People can accept the parameters of my communication or not.

Twinklez doesn't like my communication style and suggests I leave it to more capable people. I am completely fine with doing so if that is what people wish.
    no its defenitly not wished by ppl. just some arrogant guys seem to dislike your style.

@ twinkelz if you feel guilty, its your problem. try it with being thankful, that joel is so dedicated he even posts in his free time to communicate with us. that is definitly not normal work a gd is doing.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 4th April 2013 at 16:16.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    maybe I should clarify opinion so there's no misinterpretation. as I customer I should not be made to feel guilty that you are posting on your personal time.
    Either post, or don't. Just remember, we are the ones giving funcom money.
    That's fair enough and understandable. My point was not to "guilt" people, it is to set clear guidelines so people know what to expect from me. Being a customer entitles you to what you pay for - this is all extra service and I don't get tips.

That's fair enough and understandable. My point was not to "guilt" people, it is to set clear guidelines so people know what to expect from me. Being a customer entitles you to what you pay for - this is all extra service and I don't get tips.
    ha. you need a PayPal tip jar.

all negative criticism from me aside, good luck with the game. I've spent way too much time playing it over the years. I hope you can right the ship so it's worth coming back

No not all, I just want people to understand the nature of how this works. People can accept the parameters of my communication or not.

Twinklez doesn't like my communication style and suggests I leave it to more capable people. I am completely fine with doing so if that is what people wish.
    Your style is perfectly fine - that's why many are crying for more of it on the forums . Of course some people will never be satisfied, because their real issue is not with the style of communication in the first place.

[wiseass mode] That said, as a "career man", I suppose you are not just making a product, but also making sure that it sells. These forums obviously aren't an important marketing tool. But if a short snippet of information helps in curbing the negativity around here (just like it did in this thread), it's probably worth doing. [/wiseass mode]
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by ssnowsurfer View Post
    Any word on the progress for a fix on the huge problems people are having running Nvidia 600 series GPU's have a friend still getting black screens every 15-20 minutes?
    Would think a fix for this would be job # 1 as many are complaining about not being able to play the game.
    And yes, I can give an update on that (not sure this is the appropriate thread).

QA were/have been unable to reproduce it.
    The coders were unable to fix the problem.
    Nvidia were unable to reproduce it.

We have received a troubleshooting program from Nvidia which we are running beside some of our clients and which will find any errors that may (or may not) cause the problem.

All of the above was done over the course of roughly the last 5 months, so it has been an ongoing process. And unfortunately the answer is not "It's fixed", yet.

And yes, I can give an update on that (not sure this is the appropriate thread).

We have received a troubleshooting program from Nvidia which we are running beside some of our clients and which will find any errors that may (or may not) cause the problem.

All of the above was done over the course of roughly the last 5 months, so it has been an ongoing process. And unfortunately the answer is not "It's fixed", yet.
    any chance this tool can be given to users to provide both you at funcom and nvidea more data so that issue can be fixed?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

The nvidia problem could have something to do with the Windows OS... whenever I have comp troubles i blame windows first and start from there, 9/10 times I'm correct.

Further, for people who are running the nvidia 600 series cards, this could be a heat issue with your computer. Try monitoring your computer's heat when you're 20~30 minutes into the game(about the times people are reporting blackouts) especially if you're playing on a laptop.

Back on topic, Joel is a dedicated GD who has more love for AoC then any other product in Funcom's lineup. You can see it in the level of detail and craftsmanship in the Khitai expansion. Giving him a few more weeks to get acclimated to his new position and get some issues approved is not only the right thing to do but will give more positive encouragement for the NC staff as a whole. Let's stay positive!

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    any chance this tool can be given to users to provide both you at funcom and nvidea more data so that issue can be fixed?
    No, it is not something we can give out to the public.

It's really hard to believe you can't reproduce it (not saying I don't believe), as it's a VERY common error among the hardcore players of the game. I should stream a video feed just so you can see the exact error happening. It happens at least 4 times a night, and at random locations. It got even worse with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Is QA playing for 3-4 hours straight until the error happens, or can they just not reproduce the error at will? Also, I seriously doubt it's a heating issue, as this error is specific to AoC and AoC alone.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast