Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Controls setup ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    i mapped the strafing keys on the side buttons of my mouse (logitech g5), so that i can manage all the movement with 1 hand, directional attacks are standard, and for combo and abilities i use all the numbers from '4' to '0', all the letters from 'r' to 'p' and from 'v' to 'm'...
    Hmmm, I like the idea of strafing with the mouse buttons. Good idea!

I also really like Erocks suggestion of moving the default WASD to something more central to the keyboard.

Great suggestions everyone!! Thank you for the help.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Makadoo View Post
    Interesting, so I guess a different mouse is in order to allow binding of the directionals to the mouse.
    Even an relatively old mouse could do the trick for that.

Most of the mouse have actually a directional middle mouse button (you can make the mousewheel go left or right in addition of clicking on it), that people barely use. You can rebind this to the Left - up - right directional attack. Then if you have two tumbs buttons, you can bind lower left and lower right.

It save a lot of space on the keyboard and it's very intuitive to use.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

i tried to use the mousewhell for strafing, before i bought the g5, but i didn't felt confortable with that...
    but indeed it's something that is worth trying...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Default they needs to give this Grobble a medal!

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    It is really depends what works for you, having directional arrows on your numpad kinda sounds weird to me, why dont you go "normally" having WASD for moving and Q123E for directional attacks (you're a low level remember Q and E directional hits are enabled at lvl 40, so at the start you will use 123)

Try to key bind other ui slots to close buttons on your keyboard like R, F, C, V, G, T, Z they are all easy accessable and dont require any additional movement of your hand. You can try to use SHIFT + <insert button> options too depending on your needs.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Most helpful thing Ive read about AOC controls in a god damn fortnight!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Even an relatively old mouse could do the trick for that.

Most of the mouse have actually a directional middle mouse button (you can make the mousewheel go left or right in addition of clicking on it), that people barely use. You can rebind this to the Left - up - right directional attack. Then if you have two tumbs buttons, you can bind lower left and lower right.

It save a lot of space on the keyboard and it's very intuitive to use.
    Most of us 'pro' pvp'ers use mouse button for ctl/shift/alt.

Though now I am a registered nurse. I think to get total involvement, we must assign those to 'foot' keys. Does you no good if you are a fking rank 10000 pvp'er but your ass is so big a hoist cant lift you, and atrophy in muscles so bad in your legs you cant even stand the **** up!!! YOU LAZY SOBS!

Quote Originally Posted by greebler View Post
    Most helpful thing Ive read about AOC controls in a god damn fortnight!
    It is also the same controls that I use, and have been using for many years now. Add some binds to F1-F5 too for heals or obscure combos/spells rarely used.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    It is also the same controls that I use, and have been using for many years now. Add some binds to F1-F5 too for heals or obscure combos/spells rarely used.
    Yes I also have binds from F1 to F5, it is really handy.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12