Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now and forever!

Again all of your arguments are invalid

PUG stomp?
    What do you think mini games look like right now?

Its 50% PUG stomping PUG, 50% AFK and 0.0000001% chance of a evenly matched pvp mini.

get real

get friends

get better

its not that hard, we're mostly casual players anyway.

All mrcorp, Rohaus and Unutterable want to do it to get lucky and get put on an OP team so they can stomp PUGs, they don't want real competition.

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    All mrcorp, Rohaus and Unutterable want to do it to get lucky and get put on an OP team so they can stomp PUGs, they don't want real competition.
    Maybe so. What they're arguing forth is to leave the game as is, mainly due to how low the population is. I agree with what others said about sign ups of 3-4 people. But a full team requirement requires an active player base, and that which is supportive of PvP. Not just from the community, but from the development company. Neither of which as a whole support this game's PvP content as much as they probably should to many of us who enjoy it for what it's worth. It's been neglected for a long time, and only recently been getting it's dues. Even then, it's pretty late to bring a plethora of people back. If anything it's satisfying the current loyal PvP members with little to nothing. Because they've had nothing for a long time.

I've read your other posts, and your previous thread. I agree with you, that pug mechanical concept is poor. It only stimulates convenience among players who are not apt and just come off as stupid or lazy. Other games struggled with pug vs. premade as well. Most studios cop out and give in to general demand that pugs shouldn't have to fight premades. And it's an oversight to say the least. Since premades force opposing players to work for their victories, and become better players as a whole.

With that said, Age of Conan to me and obviously to others is not that game that would benefit from a dramatic shift of premade pvp. And it's simply due to the dwindling population. Maybe in other games they don't have an excuse to remove premades vs. pugs. But in this one, I can only see it not being allowed to preserve what little there is of a community that's clinging on. This is a bleak post to say the least, but it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    pug minis are 50/50. You win half the time. If I know you and jich or whoever will be on the other team, I now know that drops to 30% of the time. Makes me not really want to play. Others may feel the same. Soon you are complianing about what? We had this in the past, it didnt work. You have premade signups, just do premades in guild since you have all the pvpers in your guild and the rest of us suck.

i say f@ck mini games period.its the same damn **** we have had for 6 years. make pvp festival 24/7 on pvp servers.most fun i have had in AOC in years.More fun then as the carebears say "Stomping Pugs".
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

Premade vs Pug will end in farming the pug side, pugs will go afk, nothing is won compared to the actual situation.

what needs to be done is to revamp the balancing system. its not that difficult to implement an algorythm that devides 12 players into classes and count up the allover pvp levels, so that also the pvp levels split fair.

Premades would kill the last fun remaining in minigames for non-pro / non-organized players.

A better way would be to improve the team assignment routine. If it cannot be done by the program, let the players decide: Two players are chosen (by random, highest pvp level or sth. similar) to pick players one by one, until both teams are filled.
    That would allow premades to a certain extent without breaking it for other players.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

why noone play PREMADES?
    IF you want play with your friends why you dont play premades?premades are dead and you want finish pug minis for what?to be dead kompletely all the minis?
    unfortunatelly mate pug is no the problem ,there is premades if you want to play with guildies and friends but noone sign up kause you want to play with your friends and farm pug players in the other side but this will lead to finish the few minis left.
    the problem is the pro players who farm the new players in minis plenty of times i see pvp8-9-10 farming pvp0 and where is pvp0 now?he quit.
    if you see group talking while in mini you will see insults from older players vs new players or players who dont play the way the pro plays.somepeople take gaming too serius and they insult other players who play for fun.
    so
    -insults
    -farming new players
    -big unballanse in some klasses (demo 25kills nekro 25 kills...sin ranger..all range lass
    -3healers in one team noone in other6 demos 3 nekros 5 rangers.....
    -same people in minis 95%of the time insult and provoke(some of them no all)..
    -the "spesial "skills"some pro have....
    -the team buffs system make one lass imortal
    -guildies in other side dont support team if have guildies in other side(some guilds)
    so if you think pug minis are the problem go for pug but few years ago we have premades and no pug minis and 1 team farm minis 24/7 until no mini arround and this lead to pug mini where at list you kan have some play .bad..but play.
    funkom and no kompany kan made the players atittude better the problem in pvp now is atittude from players .
    you want to do premades to farm pug players that only saw how bad is the atittude of the players -otherwise you have premades but no...
    so sorry mate but thinks will go bad until new players get the game in their hand.
    guild FAT GOATS
    ::: Server Crom
    ::: Main Chars:
    - nikkoss (GUARDIAN)pvp10
    - TAMPLAS (CONQUEROR)pvp3
    - polarbear(bs)pvp3
    - Strikke (Assa)pvp6
    - papanikos (POM)pvp2
    - Sweet (Tos)pvp2
    - Killbo (Barb)pvp5
    - grfury(Demo)pvp5
    - nickoss (DT)pvp6
    - sfaliara (ranger)pvp4
    - Lun (Hox)pvp3
    - Lin(Nek)pvp2

Just allow rejoining to current tournament mode. Pug vs Pug might bv bad, Pug vs premade is worse. But there is no working premade vs premade option or some option for the less casual acclined. You would not put 1st or 2nd league players together with new players in a team without proper balancing, would you?

And the balancing is exploitable, using not the real power and does not break up existing groups properly. This makes what we have now actually already semi-pug vs semi-pug, especially with the player pool in mind who currently sign minis.

Again, why not just do one or two quick changes to tournament queue (allow rejoining, allow signup with less than 6, maybe add a participation bonus)?
    Then you could leave pug vs pug as it is (no work) and find out, if this whole discussion is based on hypocrisy or a valid concern.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th June 2014 at 07:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaartacus View Post
    Again all of your arguments are invalid

PUG stomp?
    What do you think mini games look like right now?

Its 50% PUG stomping PUG, 50% AFK and 0.0000001% chance of a evenly matched pvp mini.

get real

get friends

get better

its not that hard, we're mostly casual players anyway.
    I know what minigames are now and yes, most times they are trash.
    But removing random minigame queque would just make things worse.
    You don't get it, but that is.
    All new players would be cut out of the game, you would remain only with current veteran playerbase, and minigamed would just completely slowly disappear.

This game doesn't prevent you to sign with friends as you troll around.
    Tournament Mode?

More players just need an incentive to use it, and fortunately Funcom is already working on that (see Game Director letter of this month).

Players asking to completely remove random minigame queque just want an easy way to farm in PvP.
    Say that it would solve balance problems it's simple hipocrisy.

Yes, playing in organized groups, learn teamplay and coordination is something that most of current minigame players who started PvPing in last 2-3 years lack (and that's about me aswell).
    We lack the concept of group, and we are not used to make friends to build groups for PvP (this exists only for PvE atm).
    And yes, all this stuff would make players better.

But you can't plain cut out all players who are not like you, who have probably played premades since 2008 or so.

You need a PvP start point for everyone.

Random minigame queque must remain where it is, and the troll about "this game doesn't allow to play with friends" should stop.

Funcom already started some great changes with gear revamp and new PvP content. Now let them finish their job with class balanced and Tournament Mode revamp.

Don't worry, if you give them ways, time and incentive, players with brain will get better.
    Farming random newbies with a premade isn't that cool, no?!?
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast