Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Set Server Progression Raiding

@Texan615 Sorry dude about not responding to the PM - I almost never check em . Yeah, we did kill Archfiend a few weeks back with some of the nice RN guys. (Because loot whores won't do t3.5 - it's like pulling teeth to get people to do it ). Here is a piccy:

Archfiend

I have doubts about any further progress in there though (SIGH!) as people just won't sign up when the loot is worse than t4. *side eyes funcom*
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    @Texan615 Sorry dude about not responding to the PM - I almost never check em . Yeah, we did kill Archfiend a few weeks back with some of the nice RN guys. (Because loot whores won't do t3.5 - it's like pulling teeth to get people to do it ). Here is a piccy:

Archfiend

I have doubts about any further progress in there though (SIGH!) as people just won't sign up when the loot is worse than t4. *side eyes funcom*
    Nice, and I thought you were ignoring me!

Surprised you didn't try to do Zaal, took us only 5 pulls or so to kill him, he's not that difficult.

And yes, Temple of Erlik is a beautiful instance but I wish they would adjust it to a T3ish level of difficulty so that people would be inclined to do it instead of 3+ year old T3 raids.

We had a bit of a play with him, and the phases bufff thing (magic/melee) didn't seem too hard to learn with a little repetition, and the staying at range business as well. But, like I said, getting people back in there..... eck.

I'm not really a fan of making stuff easier (unless it's impossibly hard, verging on sorta broken - i.e. undoable) but unless they incentivize Erlik with items, then nerfing it (yuck) just so people will actually do the damn thing maybe the most feasible idea. T3 is ok, but yeah, doing it for ages gets tedious, even though the gear is pretty good. An easier t3.5 might actually be a nice middle ground - you'd still get T3 rares in 3.5 (so no loss over walking away from T3), but you also get T4 tokens & receptacles. Which might nudge some guilds still on the cusp of t3/t4 to go for it fully in t4. I dunno - it just seems like such a waste otherwise. It looks fantastic, amazing graphics and design, but sweet FA ever go there. Give people a reason to go there Funcom! Because 'just for fun' obviously ain't enough.

And please, please, please do not pull the same trick with Cetriss.

Oh, and since I'm having a rant: LURKER!
    Last edited by MashMash; 4th September 2013 at 23:55.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Congratulations to Defiance and MW on progress.

I personally hated T3.5 other than the look of the zone itself. The trash mobs are excessive - it feels like Kyllikki all over again killing the same group 7 times (or whatever the actual number is) except without the chance at loot. Zaal was a decent fight I guess, but I thought archfiend was boring on the level of imp or Louhi (playing my demo taking the knockback, I imagine it's more interesting on a tank). And the bat, wow that was the most chaotic nonsense I've ever seen. Even going on the web and reading the strategy gives me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagorha View Post
    I'm sort of curious as to whom those chat bubbles are referring to in this picture, lol

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I'm sort of curious as to whom those chat bubbles are referring to in this picture, lol
    Haha, I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    We had a bit of a play with him, and the phases bufff thing (magic/melee) didn't seem too hard to learn with a little repetition, and the staying at range business as well. But, like I said, getting people back in there..... eck.

I'm not really a fan of making stuff easier (unless it's impossibly hard, verging on sorta broken - i.e. undoable) but unless they incentivize Erlik with items, then nerfing it (yuck) just so people will actually do the damn thing maybe the most feasible idea. T3 is ok, but yeah, doing it for ages gets tedious, even though the gear is pretty good. An easier t3.5 might actually be a nice middle ground - you'd still get T3 rares in 3.5 (so no loss over walking away from T3), but you also get T4 tokens & receptacles. Which might nudge some guilds still on the cusp of t3/t4 to go for it fully in t4. I dunno - it just seems like such a waste otherwise. It looks fantastic, amazing graphics and design, but sweet FA ever go there. Give people a reason to go there Funcom! Because 'just for fun' obviously ain't enough.

And please, please, please do not pull the same trick with Cetriss.

Oh, and since I'm having a rant: LURKER!
    Well, they would need to make Temple of Erlik more in line with T3 difficulty so people don't get frustrated, but would also need to add some items to the loot table such as rings, neck, cloak and additional weapons so there's an incentive to do it other than just to see the raid.

Until then, T3.5 will be a mostly forgotten raid instance and people will just do T4 or T3 instead for those items.

And yes, I hope like hell Funcom does not do the same mistakes when Palace of Cetriss is someday released. If Palace of Cetriss is not T5 and a full raid (like 7 or so bosses), it will be pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    lol oh its nothing really, when we first downed the general we received a lot of hate from global... people telling us that there was no way we could progress that fight in the short amount of time that we did. And somehow they thought that we were exploiting mem cloud before we could even get to it... smh

Needless to say, the following weeks SS contained retributive hate

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I've already added the dates, like I said, the only one I'm not completely sure is the Zodiac date.
    Yeah, looks about right anyways.. no need to be picky on specifics. Thank you much for updating!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast