Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom and Conan Properties Enters New Partnership

Kind of sad that these games will be standalone single player stuff, though I guess it's natural since then there won't be an entry barrier for people who haven't played in a long time or never played AoC... I'm imagining some bite-sized adventures like Tortage or Dead Man's Hand now, and more stuff like that (emphasis on adventure over grind, comparing to Shadows of Vanaheim), would be very welcome in game. I hope at least we might be able to get some /claim vanity stuff from buying the games, like TSW players could with The Park.

Also very curious to see how good these games will look visually speaking. Although AOC is still very nice looking, it's obvious that some textures are very old and low-res, and if these games look just like AOC they will seem dated compared to The Park.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogFL View Post
    You know I was thinking the same thing. I hope it's not a board game! LOL!
    HAHAHA! Now that you say it I would laugh so so hard if it actually was. I wouldn't put it past em
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

This is good timing with Legend of Conan coming out. This is good news, and having a GD again is another awesome thing to hear.

I heard the new game was code-named AoC 1.04 and will take a radical new approach to PvP where gear matters very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Direwolfe View Post
    I heard the new game was code-named AoC 1.04 and will take a radical new approach to PvP where gear matters very little.
    /signed 1 2 3
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

According to FC's last quarterly report, they plan to announce three games in 2016: one "larger" game in early 2016, and two "smaller" games throughout later that year. So the budget is likely to be significantly larger than The Park's - though given Funcom's financial situation, it will evidently not be an AAA budget title.

Overall, this is very good news -
    * I guess the game will reuse some of AoC's art assets, but that art assets developed for the new game may in turn be ported to AoC at some point;
    * With Joel Bylos is at the helm, I expect a good story written by a guy who knows his REH. And a well-written single player game based on the Conan IP and using AoC-based art can't be bad news for us;
    * Also hope they pick up on Joel's idea of rewarding people who play the single player game with some redemption code to be used in AoC (as described in Slith's interview with him).

This is the first Conan-related news since the Turan tie-in which actually sounds like Funcom are thinking about the game strategically, and I do wish that it works out. The only sad thing is that, if it does, the man who kept AoC alive the last few years won't be around to see it.
    Last edited by Rathothis; 17th December 2015 at 23:16.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

How about that.

Bring on some good ole Conan. Ole!

Cheers,
    Waldgeist

German Translation of the Announcement
    Former German Community Manager

Anyone else kind of disturbed funcom would be granted anymore partnerships and stuff like that when they've been nothing but a disaster?

All of their games literally failed, they had multiple police raids/shady stuff, and lost so much, over all a scum company. Honestly If i was the owner I would of banned funcom from ever touching anything conan related again, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinin View Post
    Anyone else kind of disturbed funcom would be granted anymore partnerships and stuff like that when they've been nothing but a disaster?

All of their games literally failed, they had multiple police raids/shady stuff, and lost so much, over all a scum company. Honestly If i was the owner I would of banned funcom from ever touching anything conan related again, seriously.
    A game that is still alive after all this time? Not a total failure. It makes a profit currently. And you shouldn't blame an entire company for the actions of one man.

Speaking of Funcom, it has been a general trend that most games don't take off and do all that well. Just how it has worked for Funcom. They get enough to keep going, but they don't strike it rich like Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropt View Post
    This is good timing with Legend of Conan coming out. This is good news, and having a GD again is another awesome thing to hear.
    My thoughts exactly, when I read the initial post. Hopefully, the new Arnie Conan movie will do more for the game than did the Jason Mamoa movie. I just rewatched Barbarian and Destroyer the other day. woot for the potential

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast