Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom, pls help the newbies!

Pug minis are evil in a game that was designed around teamwork and class synergies.

Premades stomping pugs was pretty evil too mind you, but how do you expect people to learn pvp if they can't even play with just one friend? They might learn eventually but it will most likely take them a long time and lot of grief (if they don't give up).

Open-world could be a solution but too many people prefer to sit in Khemi and sign up for pug minis instead, even during pvp festival weeks. The low population is definitely part to blame for this as well, I mean if we had more players overall we'd have more pug minis (the solo MMO player is a reality) BUT also more open-world so the situation might be a lot more bearable.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    T1 pvp gear is pretty usable in pvp since pvp gear revamp happens. If you cant do well in t1pvp i dont think anything helps you. Practice and latency matters firstly, all other things are secondary. And if you want 10pvpers will be debuffed down to 4pvpers then ask yourself why anyone will need gear better than 4pvp? We already havent any good and important reasons to do pvp and doing it just for fun we gain through combat system. If there will be no need in 10pvp lvl there will be x3 redusing of pvp playerbase.
    Well when i use to pvp daily on Aqua rp pvp server it was about the challenge an fun not the farming of other players with no challenge involved, i think it would work as it would make mini games more challenging on a whole and they wouldnt lose there gear stats if in a balanced game, and if a pvp10 player is a proper pvp not a bori farm or quick fix from pvp event then they will own no matter what gear they in. Because what this pvp gear looks like to me is K/D ratio fixer and a imba reward to playing pvp so long, which sadly funcom have yet to realise this scares all new pvper away due to MASSIVE gap. All the OP pvp10 should role new 80 an try from basic's an see how they find fresh 80 pvp agaisnt the pvp 7+ sadly its not pvp its get ya arse whopped by someone with usally alot less skill an knowledge of the class they play

PvP lvl 10 is not the solution. Char > skill > latency > AA's > equip.

What is pvp level? 1 week on bori? PvP event farm with good team? I have 2k+ minis and pvp lvl 9 (many players had pvp lvl 10 and 300 minis?). What is PvP lvl in this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sbyvoj View Post

What is pvp level? 1 week on bori? PvP event farm with good team? I have 2k+ minis and pvp lvl 9 (many players had pvp lvl 10 and 300 minis?). What is PvP lvl in this time?
    agreed, the current system rewards thoses who farm the most, and thoses who do proper pvp dont lvl fast at all the reward is for the sad arse farmers an thoses who have large enough guilds to hold bori or rule the pvp festival.

well, you can reach pvp 4 bit easly or if you dont want to farm bori then can buy it in funcom store..
    or if you are dps classes then you can just stay with t4 gears till you get pvp t3.. and about the weapon, usually t4 is still bit better than pvp t2 n t1. Some exception may exist.(like t4 butt plug vs pvp t2 tali. letter is slightly better.)
    the who obsessed with stonesoup ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced-Hoofer View Post
    Well when i use to pvp daily on Aqua rp pvp server it was about the challenge an fun not the farming of other players with no challenge involved, i think it would work as it would make mini games more challenging on a whole and they wouldnt lose there gear stats if in a balanced game, and if a pvp10 player is a proper pvp not a bori farm or quick fix from pvp event then they will own no matter what gear they in. Because what this pvp gear looks like to me is K/D ratio fixer and a imba reward to playing pvp so long, which sadly funcom have yet to realise this scares all new pvper away due to MASSIVE gap. All the OP pvp10 should role new 80 an try from basic's an see how they find fresh 80 pvp agaisnt the pvp 7+ sadly its not pvp its get ya arse whopped by someone with usally alot less skill an knowledge of the class they play
    This changed. Even from guilds you might have a decent positive memory off since Aquilonia. There are not even low level minis and duel spots anymore And guildwise it is top3 and "the others".
    Now it is: trolling, insulting, picking fights you can not loose and overall disrespect for other players. Of course there is always the exception to the rule, but sadly the first type is also the most powerfull now. I know players who leeched whole guilds and boosted their alts within WEEKS through ganking (to get kill stats) and farming alts and events (to actually get the xp). And if battle goes bad, they run or cheat. This is my current impression of Fury community (and partly on crom too, concerning resspadfarming (for kills) and manipulating minis and events (for the xp). Maybe i am too oldfashioned, but i fail to see the fun in not having a challenge and trolling other real humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbyvoj View Post

As I showed above, gear differences are larger than people seem to think. AA matters as well of course (but mainly prot, CC breaks, and those few class-specific perks which are useful), but there's a ton of AAs which don't matter as much as gear.

And sure class balance, skill and latency play a larger role. But that doesn't mean that the gear and AA power creep is fine as it is. As you say, it mainly rewards farming. Plus, it makes life even harder for new players. Neither of these effects is desirable.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    As I showed above, gear differences are larger than people seem to think.
    It's basically playing without a chestpiece and another minor part.

Now, I imagine the ratio of aoc pvpers willing to start from the beginning & stay in another Mmo where they have to play with less powergear than their opponents would be abysmally low.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehudib View Post
    well, you can reach pvp 4 bit easly or if you dont want to farm bori then can buy it in funcom store..
    or if you are dps classes then you can just stay with t4 gears till you get pvp t3.. and about the weapon, usually t4 is still bit better than pvp t2 n t1. Some exception may exist.(like t4 butt plug vs pvp t2 tali. letter is slightly better.)
    most t4 and all t5 weps are better then pvp t3 weps

some t3 crafts are better than pvp t3 weps

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    This changed. Even from guilds you might have a decent positive memory off since Aquilonia. There are not even low level minis and duel spots anymore And guildwise it is top3 and "the others".
    Now it is: trolling, insulting, picking fights you can not loose and overall disrespect for other players. Of course there is always the exception to the rule, but sadly the first type is also the most powerfull now. I know players who leeched whole guilds and boosted their alts within WEEKS through ganking (to get kill stats) and farming alts and events (to actually get the xp). And if battle goes bad, they run or cheat. This is my current impression of Fury community (and partly on crom too, concerning resspadfarming (for kills) and manipulating minis and events (for the xp). Maybe i am too oldfashioned, but i fail to see the fun in not having a challenge and trolling other real humans.
    Agreed good times, you would think now low lvl pvp would be booming to avoid all the AA and gear gaps but sadly it is not. Maybe we the players should start a low lvl training for new players so when they do atleast reach 80 pvp 3-4 should be there also they will have alot better understanding on how to kill other players and help there team win the game, not being 80 an clueless thinking pvp is a lost cause

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast