Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question to Game Developers: PvP Gear: PoM vs ToS

Pom and tos the same ? Only true if ToS can have free armor of faith, Free bubble, ability to feat general without gimping himself and that tons of cc's and instants abilities.

Otherwise, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Pom and tos the same ? Only true if ToS can have free armor of faith, Free bubble, ability to feat general without gimping himself and that tons of cc's and instants abilities.

Otherwise, no.
    If you want to go there ToS has "power of the serpent ring" right in the 2nd line of the thunder tree, as well as "rousing shock" in the 2nd line of lightening tree, it has active protections and in the end of each tree there is either "fangs of set" or "serpent transmutation" for your choice.
    And yes for most people general tree is not best choice, but so what give ToS now armor and protection bonuses as if he feated the genereal tree? If you give my PoM same armor prot I won't feat general tree too and make hybrid for more dps. This would make my life way easier against damn demos and rangers, I am feating general tree to boost my survivability and steel under ToS protection, which doesn't take general tree, and die from Demo that just runs around like an idiot spaming insta-casts in his new pvp gear. If on PoM I don't feat general tree than what I am doomed to die from 3 Demo insta-casts?
    Afterall ofcourse 2 classes are different, ToS has more skills to protect itself against mages and PoM against melees. And I don't see how does it make sense to try to balance two priests using different gear budgets.

Nah, what i said is : since PoM is the only priest who gain actually from speccing in gen tree for +protection + mana if you gives same bonuses to armor in the end the PoM will be superior again to ToS.

Revamping other priests so they can feat gen tree without loosing half of their main spells (like fangs, ST, mana taps or silence... all deeply in their respective tree, not even talking about must have stormfield upgrades) and I gladly gives that difference mana/protection to PoM, anyday. That was what they suceeded to do with PoM revamp and failed with BS/ToS.

But we know it won't happen, no more revamp, esp. on priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Nah, what i said is : since PoM is the only priest who gain actually from speccing in gen tree for +protection + mana if you gives same bonuses to armor in the end the PoM will be superior again to ToS.
    so those that choose to feat general should not get bonuses from it? the reason that PoM can usually feat general is because the two trees are different in its nature, one is more for heal/support and 2nd one is more towards dps, but to get top dps/burst you would feat both w/o taking general tree, because condemnation gives a lot of burst power, while doing dps with cleansing fire and mse on normal basis

Quote Originally Posted by vbird13 View Post
    If you want to go there ToS has "power of the serpent ring" right in the 2nd line of the thunder tree, as well as "rousing shock" in the 2nd line of lightening tree, it has active protections and in the end of each tree there is either "fangs of set" or "serpent transmutation" for your choice.
    And yes for most people general tree is not best choice, but so what give ToS now armor and protection bonuses as if he feated the genereal tree? If you give my PoM same armor prot I won't feat general tree too and make hybrid for more dps. This would make my life way easier against damn demos and rangers, I am feating general tree to boost my survivability and steel under ToS protection, which doesn't take general tree, and die from Demo that just runs around like an idiot spaming insta-casts in his new pvp gear. If on PoM I don't feat general tree than what I am doomed to die from 3 Demo insta-casts?
    Afterall ofcourse 2 classes are different, ToS has more skills to protect itself against mages and PoM against melees. And I don't see how does it make sense to try to balance two priests using different gear budgets.
    Roll a tos, spec it the way you wrote, and the repost. Because this is not even a proper if then conversation.

Give class with best CCs ingame more survival.

Sense, so much sense.
    Stop it iloveyou.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Roll a tos, spec it the way you wrote, and the repost. Because this is not even a proper if then conversation.
    maybe you should speck tos and try find those abilities, i heard they are usefull

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Give class with best CCs ingame more survival.

Sense, so much sense.
    Stop it iloveyou.
    i am not arguing omg give pom more dps or something, what i am saying lurvi is that the stats budget should make sense, ok it wasn't good before, lets make sense out of it then, you argue tos is melee mage? ok give it less armor/prot and more damage comparing to pom gear, but keep stats budget same, i'm not arguing that poms should kill more what i am saying its hard to support without mana and enough survivability

maybe you should speck tos and try find those abilities, i heard they are usefull
    Show me a build. At this stage, I've tried it all, so I am speaking on actual fact and not made up expectations.

i am not arguing omg give pom more dps or something, what i am saying lurvi is that the stats budget should make sense, ok it wasn't good before, lets make sense out of it then, you argue tos is melee mage? ok give it less armor/prot and more damage comparing to pom gear, but keep stats budget same, i'm not arguing that poms should kill more what i am saying its hard to support without mana and enough survivability
    pom has lots of survivability.one of the best bubbles in the game with a short 5 min cool down and i think its 3 AOE cc? for geting awey from 2 or more enemy's or for locking the other team down.not to mention the 1500 armor buff the last for how ever long you want it to makeing you even harder to kill on the front line.i know im missing alot but thats just off the top of my head.
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast