Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fresh money for Funcom... may we dream?

Great news for FC, hope some of that money goes to AoC development, we don't really need too much, only the promises that were made, you can keep people happy being constant with updates, fixes and one or two new things to see.

FC has made great games in the past with fresh and unique ideas, and even with the many problems they have they keep going, i only hope they learned something from they mistakes, and to not repeat them.
    meh...

This game needs:

Some serious class rebalancing; DT, Guardian, Ranger and Barbarian especially.
    Bug fixes. Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes.
    The crafting overhaul promised five years ago.
    A real expansion, not just some single zone with useless gear.
    A graphical update, cause let's face it 2005 graphics aren't exactly breath taking in 2016.

Will any of this happen with a fresh injection of money to Funcom? I highly doubt it. In fact, I would eat my hat if they would just do the bug fixes and crafting overhaul, and I like my hat, so that shows how confident I am it would happen.

Dream on. They spend most of money for Conan Exiles and TSW

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    This game needs:

A graphical update, cause let's face it 2005 graphics aren't exactly breath taking in 2016.

Will any of this happen with a fresh injection of money to Funcom? I highly doubt it. In fact, I would eat my hat if they would just do the bug fixes and crafting overhaul, and I like my hat, so that shows how confident I am it would happen.
    They just said the crafting revamp was scrapped, so it's not gonna happen.

Personally I'd be fine with anything as long as the Crawling Chaos is timely, and future content isn't as poor-quality/cash-grabby as Shadows of Vanaheim. New assets is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    They just said the crafting revamp was scrapped, so it's not gonna happen.

Personally I'd be fine with anything as long as the Crawling Chaos is timely, and future content isn't as poor-quality/cash-grabby as Shadows of Vanaheim. New assets is key.
    as a customer since lanch and having spent money on AOC that could have gotten me a brand new pc.
    I can say now that there is no update they can do short of brining out a full Khitai sized addon that would get me to reinvest my money into this title. that ship has sailed for me. More content has been released for every other game title i own than for AOC. and funcom knows that, To throw money into AOC at this point is actually a kind of stupid financial decision. had they delivered what htey promosed 2 or 3 years ago, it could have secured AOC futher developing. but as i see it, not today.

Conan Exiles is likely where development will happen using assets from AOC re-released as update and contant patches for a non-mmo game. AOC will live for a while and then be phased out as conan exiles takes over the IP. And maybe thats for the best. but this time im gonna wait a full year before i even check out what conan exiles has to offer.

Good luck funcom.

That's pretty subjective depending on how much you value tech over art design. I prefer the latter.

I tried a few MMOs since 2009 and the only ones I admired in terms of visuals were AoC and TSW.

Finaly Fantasy BBQ, ESO, Neverwinter - all vanilla as hell. While playing them at no point I felt like taking a screenshot - but I took hundreds in AoC/TSW. When taking panorama shots you can tell the playfields are crafted straight from concept paintings. Other MMOs look like procedurally generated, without any unique details.

I agree they should do something with textures and geometry in the beginner zones, because they're obviously rushed and of much worse quality than 2010+ content.

Probably some graphical effects could improve the overall quality - SweetFX does that by different colour balance and some AA magic. Consider how crappy playfields look in full daylight and how cool they start looking when the sun sets.

PS Obviously I didn't see all of newer fantasy MMORPG, but I can't think of any that would be technically superior while still having great art design.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 27th May 2016 at 15:09.

they can't use their common excuse (Low on resources) ANYMORE

WE WANT STUFF .. I don't care what type of stuff,I dont wanna get my hopes up BUT take care of AoC PLEASE!!!

Cool IT all makes sense now ...

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Likely their extremely rich private investor in Norway who funds them as a fun side project.
    Yah know ~ if you just think of it EXACTLY THAT WAY ~ it makes the pill easier to swallow when it comes down to new content and fixes. Like ~
    Quote Originally Posted by rich Norwegian investor
    "hey man ... don't hassle me; this is all done out of love and I didn't have to it at all, so be happy with whatcha' got!"

This game needs:

They can alter the dynamics between soldiers without touching the soldiers. Alter the boss dynamics and you alter the dynamic between the tanks. If there's a boss that a DT can tali tank and survive with life taps and heals without having to switch aggro then it's not the DT that's 'broken', it's the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    That's pretty subjective depending on how much you value tech over art design. I prefer the latter.

I tried a few MMOs since 2009 and the only ones I admired in terms of visuals were AoC and TSW.

Finaly Fantasy BBQ, ESO, Neverwinter - all vanilla as hell. While playing them at no point I felt like taking a screenshot - but I took hundreds in AoC/TSW. When taking panorama shots you can tell the playfields are crafted straight from concept paintings. Other MMOs look like procedurally generated, without any unique details.

I agree they should do something with textures and geometry in the beginner zones, because they're obviously rushed and of much worse quality than 2010+ content.

Probably some graphical effects could improve the overall quality - SweetFX does that by different colour balance and some AA magic. Consider how crappy playfields look in full daylight and how cool they start looking when the sun sets.

PS Obviously I didn't see all of newer fantasy MMORPG, but I can't think of any that would be technically superior while still having great art design.
    What he said...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast