Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: State of Funcom? Aoc?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Maybe it's "small minority", but it is quite an influential part. They are so angry that public space is filled with poisonous comments that undermine Fancom reputation. And, indeed, for this reason, a bunch of thousands of players do not choose Fancom output. If you do not believe, then you can enter the favorite sites of games, and read the comments, and also about CE by the way

The moral is that with the fans need to live amicably, rather than anger and ignore them for a long period.
    Highly irrelevant for the success of a game. I could list you hundred of games that did very well in sales (profit) but were terrible products.

Quote Originally Posted by elsunga View Post
    If you look at sales of CE they are not influential.
    this,

it is based on the previous IP's and brand name attached to Conan. Secondary-sector branded products from which Funcom may profit such as the Conan IP and/or other games they own, but I think the steam platform had a much bigger impact on the popularity of the game... hence why it sold so quickly. Luckily, Funcom is also getting money from the government or they'd be defunct by now.
    Last edited by mazzem; 25th March 2017 at 00:30.

Quote Originally Posted by elsunga View Post
    If you look at sales of CE they are not influential.
    You simply do not know how large volumes had been sold in the absence of so many negations on CE and Fancom company.

Nowadays, it is normal practice that before buying a product, the buyer get acquainted with the other players' opinions and feedback. This applies particularly to Steam.
    Last edited by Ernests; 25th March 2017 at 07:53.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    You simply do not know how large volumes had been sold in the absence of so many negations on CE and Fancom company.

Nowadays, it is normal practice that before buying a product, the buyer get acquainted with the other players' opinions and feedback. This applies particularly to Steam.
    Even then, you should accept simple fact, no matter how loud angry vets are, they are not influential.

Right now CE is success. This may change in future if Funcom would continue in their attitude how to deal with customers, how to listen them and how to change/break game, but until then this is finally successful launch.
    Last edited by elsunga; 25th March 2017 at 10:53.

Smile

Actually Exiles is falling apart already. Steam reviews are plummeting and right now there are only about 8k players (accurate numbers because it's a Steam-only game). This is peak time on a week-end, it's quite a bit less most of the time.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Actually Exiles is falling apart already. Steam reviews are plummeting and right now there are only about 8k players (accurate numbers because it's a Steam-only game). This is peak time on a week-end, it's quite a bit less most of the time.
    Steam numbers are not indicative of an healthy game population, while you might see 3000-9000 active users, those do not represent the entire userbase. From a sale standpoint, Conan Exiles sold over 500k units within the first week. That's quite a successful launch for a game still in early access.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzem View Post
    Steam numbers are not indicative of an healthy game population, while you might see 3000-9000 active users, those do not represent the entire userbase. From a sale standpoint, Conan Exiles sold over 500k units within the first week. That's quite a successful launch for a game still in early access.
    Yes they do. This is the a Steam-only game remember? This tells us exactly how many people are playing it right now. And it's very low - I have checked at different times including what would be peak-time for US and peak-time for EU. It was way higher the weeks following release. And there is a reason why the reviews are plummeting.

Remember AoC's launch - it sold very very well too. But the number of people playing... dropped extremely fast.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

This tells us exactly how many people with public profiles are playing it right now.
    Now it's accurate. Remember that private and friends-only profiles are not included in the Steamspy numbers, and I'm not sure the Conan Exiles Steam hub includes them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

I am not very familiar with steam, so perhaps I do not find all tools you can use to see all statistic.

But from what I can see Conan Exiles seems to do pretty good for an indie early access game, and steam only (read no other advertising possible), and pc (?) only.

Almost 2 months after (early) release:
    - Top 3 in early release top sellers (Top 3 in action, adventure, massivley multiplayer and multiplayer, Top 1 in RPG)
    - Top 17 in early releases popular new releases ( in Top 10 as adventure and multiplayer and massively multiplayer, Top 1 RPG)
    That while beeing one of the two most expensive games in those lists.

Place 55 in current player count with ~ 9.000 players...I fail to find an option to sort this list by early access games or any other category, and I am too lazy to look up how the other early access games do according to their release dates. That would be an even better indicator about how Conan Exiles does.

If you take some time and scroll through the user reviews (mixed recent and overall at this time) you will find a lot of "not recommended" (mostly ~ 2 weeks after release) which say actually "not at the moment - I'll be back after some updates / at the full release". And only a very small amount of people do change those reviews even if they come back and like the game better. This is of course something that happens to every game, and most likely to early access games because some people do not understand what early access really is.

Beeing not even the slightest into game release steam stuff ect. statistics or Conan Exiles itself I come to the conclusion that the data at hand does not cover the claim that "Conan Exiles is falling apart already".

Yes they do. This is the a Steam-only game remember? This tells us exactly how many people are playing it right now. And it's very low - I have checked at different times including what would be peak-time for US and peak-time for EU. It was way higher the weeks following release. And there is a reason why the reviews are plummeting.

Remember AoC's launch - it sold very very well too. But the number of people playing... dropped extremely fast.
    This is correct.

More and more players are heading to Private Servers with higher rates. Should be more entertaining to gather small Communities, powerlevel everything and then fight each other.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Exiles is planning on going to xbox and maybe t4 and supposably they are talking to Nintendo also.

That would make a big difference

That still does not mean I want to play it: the youtubes did not interest me at all