Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter - March

I know there's also legit players, i'm just against throwing to other users a pile of **** just because there's some pearls inside.
    I've heard enough things about Rage, being truth or not, that makes me mad about the pvp community here. And it will make me mad about Funcom if they allow people coming with their exploited goods and enjoying them without a problem.
    Official message will be "go for exploit kids, Funcom don't care", right like the cheating situation, but worst cause it comes with Funcom blessing. Wrong message : no consequences of your acts, just exploit and destroy your own server, community, game and pay transfer to start again on another server...

I don't mind if you guys comes with naked chars with 0 golds. Will be harsh, sure, but the situation of Rage server deserve harsh rules&decision. If you are a little soft with cheaters and exploiters, they will just win no matter what and legit players will be pissed off and sub another game with better politics on cheating/exploiting.

Ah, than i remember your barb

Bibik you heard things about ppl on rage but you havent seen them by yourself, how can you decide if it is true or not? Believe me right now there are x5 more cheaters and other fags on crom than rage ever had.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 11th March 2015 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Ah, than i remember your barb

Bibik you heard things about ppl on rage but you havent seen them by yourself, how can you decide if it is true or not? Believe me right now there are x5 more cheaters and other fags on crom than rage ever had.
    It's your words vs words of others, is funcom ready to take the risk on words of Rage people ? According to some, Rage is full of legit, friendly and nice players. Yes, they swear they are all honest :o

I know there's plenty of cheaters on Crom, their numbers increased a much with latests merges and transfers. I've seen how it was before and after. But don't tell me it will be better or the same if you add Rage users, especially with pockets full of non-legit stuff.
    Rage players are telling since months how it's easy to deliver transfers without any risk for the community.
    The same players who defended Rage when it was dying and when exploits were known. A small part of players transfered successfully on Crom when dupe was not common knowledge and at this time, we saw people with 3 or 4 T3 crafted on blue-geared offline leveled chars and shards were sold at 7/8G ea. Only with a few transfers. I don't want to see that again, even in a lesser degree.

GD was right gaining time on the matter. If they allows transfers and fail with it (remember we talk about funcom and their small team of devs), you can't imagine the consequences.

As i said you will not see any difference after merge just because most part of fags is already playing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    As i said you will not see any difference after merge just because most part of fags is already playing with you.
    if its your only argument, i'm sorry but you won't convince me.

Allowing a small number people won't notice will have still consequences over time.
    At 2008 release, numbers of cheaters was low, most people didn't notice it cause they stay undetected among the masses of players. So no QQ about it = No action taken by Funcom.
    Now cheating is way more common and community is thin = People is mad about it, warn funcom every day. But it's too late. Once you opened the door, even a little, there's no possibility to go back.
    It's the same about Rage. Once the door is opened, it will be too late to consider your errors.

There should be zero tolerance about it. Especially when, for once, funcom can take a decision about it and having control of it (not like they could with cheating, online cheating is always a lost race between hacks makers and game developpers)
    Last edited by Bibik; 11th March 2015 at 11:23.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLazer View Post
    the only and real problem is "expand the weapon types available to various classes"
    the big mistake of history... is stupid idea from funcom.
    if we dont stop that, the game is finish, with that we are wow soon, with finally no class and no archetype.

OK lets go all take crossbow or bow / lets go guys all take polarm yes yes !!
    We have absolutely no idea of what Nusquam meant by that. You have no idea of the restriction planned and what will be the possibilities. So please, drop your pitchfork and blow out your torch and wait first to see what Funcom want to introduced exactly before going full scream because you think they will set up the worst scenario you can imagine.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Iam not sure what to think about this

But currently, we are planning on using the system to expand the weapon types available to various classes
    I hope you guys @ Funcom realize you can fu the game really bad if you do this wrong

Joel Make sure they dont before you go ANYWHERE

Smile Expanding weapon types available to classes

Polearms for HoX, please!

Imagine how it will destroy the balance, make keybinds more crazy, or make content too easy. Is there a possibility not to ruin one of these? I highly doubt it. Funcom was wise to set some limitations (weapon restrictions) in the past. Maybe they mean vanity gear slots?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

"But currently, we are planning on using the system to expand the weapon types available to various classes, as well as unlocking new combos and abilities for those weapons. This will create a greater amount of versatility within each class – and allows us to itemize the game with new weapons made useful for expanded." - Joel

I would tend to think that this is a daring move as well as very nice content that will please many players.
    After all, it makes no sense that a guardian could use a polearm and a conq could not, so FC get rid of that arbitrary decision and does it through game mechanics, so the unlock becomes a reward in itself.
    That's killing 2 birds with 1 stone, well thought.

I also like the idea behind it, that characters can actually still progress and "learn" new weapon masteries through horizontal progression.

As for the idea that raid weapons have class restriction anyway, well, it does not change anything since it just means that a conq won't roll need on the guard polearm for instance, but might very well roll on the conq claymore and just disassembe it to craft a polearm of the same budget to fit his playstyle.

Now, could we finally see a ranger with 2 swords à la Drizzt please pretty please ?
    Make it happen for all that is good in this world.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast