Thread: Nametag and guildtags, in which xml?

Default Nametag and guildtags, in which xml? (Solved)

I just bought a new screen, 3440:1440. Totally awesome, but the nametags and guildtags are a but small and nearly unreadable when ppl are moving too fast. Really annoying in PVP, so I'd like to increase the font size of these nametags. Could anyone tell me where I can find the XML that contains this ui information?
    Last edited by -Deukalion-; 31st October 2017 at 07:52. Reason: Solved

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    I just bought a new screen, 3440:1440. Totally awesome, but the nametags and guildtags are a but small and nearly unreadable when ppl are moving too fast. Really annoying in PVP, so I'd like to increase the font size of these nametags. Could anyone tell me where I can find the XML that contains this ui information?
    Noone? 😓

It should be in C:\Users\<Your windows username>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Prefs\<Your aoc account name>\<Char#>\Prefs_2.xml

But I don't know which setting to tweak. you'll have to look at it.

p.s. the "appdata" folder is a hidden file so you wont be able to see it if you dont have show hidden files on under windows settings. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jeetz View Post
    It should be in C:\Users\<Your windows username>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Prefs\<Your aoc account name>\<Char#>\Prefs_2.xml

But I don't know which setting to tweak. you'll have to look at it.

p.s. the "appdata" folder is a hidden file so you wont be able to see it if you dont have show hidden files on under windows settings. Good luck
    Thanks for your response. I looked at those files, but could only find an on/off switch for vicinity player tags, not some text to increase scale of the tags

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Thanks for your response. I looked at those files, but could only find an on/off switch for vicinity player tags, not some text to increase scale of the tags
    That's because you'd need to edit your UI's .xml files. Don't ask me which specific file, I haven't touched that stuff in years, and never adjusted the player name tag size itself.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    That's because you'd need to edit your UI's .xml files. Don't ask me which specific file, I haven't touched that stuff in years, and never adjusted the player name tag size itself.
    Yes, I've been looking into the xml with word pad, but couldn 't find it.

Maybe someone from funcom who could give some help? I doubt I'm the only one interested in this...

I don't know exactly, but if I had to guess, maybe this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default\Views\PortraitGUI\OverheadC onfig.xml

or maybe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default\Views\OverheadText.xml

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I don't know exactly, but if I had to guess, maybe this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default\Views\PortraitGUI\OverheadC onfig.xml

or maybe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default\Views\OverheadText.xml
    Perfect! Thanks! This is what I was searching for. Thank you for taking time to share the info!