Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Minigames whats the point?

Question PvP Minigames whats the point?

Hi all,

this kinda of a bit of a rage well not really but just annoyed on how devs came up wit the worst minigame idea ever.

First of all i want to say pvp gear for minigames is probably one of the worst ideas ever, i keep hearing about this unchained version coming out but not sure when.

Other than the pvp gear = iwin button. Whats up with the matchmaking system?

feels like the devs made up that system when they were on drugs or something or to be more precise they didnt even bother making a system for it.

teams are soo unbalanced i dont think even the devs made a rule of max per class per team or anything just random 1 2 3 4 5 6 in this team.

When u get a team with 2 healers for example and the other team has not.

A team with 6 mages saw that happen before was funny.

maybe i just dont get the point of minigames if its not at least close or even half way balanced on both teams.

All i see now is low lvls are being farmed mostly unless u have a conq which owns even without pvp gear.

1 more thing melee charge is to op i think it should be removed doesnt even cost them energy.

Ranger knockdown should be removed too for range attacks melee they can have a knockdown.

all minigames teach u when u are a low lvl pvp is how it feels to be farmed when u a npc that is 40 lvls less.

World pvp to me is probably the most fun aspect pvp part in this game.

am i the only one who thinks that minigames need a huge rework.

thanks

teams are unballanced because its impossible for funcom to know who is good an who is bad.

some pvp 5s are bad, some pvp 10s i do not want on my team as they are bad.

some pvp 1s-4s are awesome and id take them over a pvp 10 thats bad.

Funcom cant guess if your good or bad, they jsut see the class and pvp level.

oh an BTW, pvp gear sucks compaired to pve gear.

also, this post should be removed as you are very clueless and clearly not even a pvper. Talk about pve stuff or RP or whatever you have knowledge of.
    Last edited by GeldourConq; 9th June 2013 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    teams are unballanced because its impossible for funcom to know who is good an who is bad.

also, this post should be removed as you are very clueless and clearly not even a pvper. Talk about pve stuff or RP or whatever you have knowledge of.

u missed my point , its not about who is bad or who isnt.

Its about teams being balanced with classes.

and what does pvp gear has to do with pve? mostly people only use pvp gear for minigames.

i pvp only with pve now as i still dont have the lvl or tokens to buy any.

pvp lvl doesnt mean anything unless have the gear for it. When i talk about pvp lvl i talk about gear not skill.

alot of people have lvl 10 pvp but no gear so thats just a number that doesnt mean anything.

1 more thing why would i bring skill in the equation as thats what makes player differentiate from one another.
    Last edited by AnubusRaa; 9th June 2013 at 13:42.

Agree on pvpgear but balance on classes fails often because ppl are afk or declines pop ups. So u get the next thing in ur team which is ofc a random class.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    Some truth to this, but not entirely accurate. There are a few ways they can HELP this process, which they haven't done yet, and why is beyond me.

First, don't balance until 5 seconds before the match starts. Here is what happens on a regular basis. Mini pops, some don't come. 30 seconds into it, the teams are already formed, so any joining after the pop, is auto placed on a team without balance considerations.

Second, they don't take in to consideration the pvp levels. Too often we see teams of pvp 10s versus a team of pvp 3s.

Finally, not all archetypes are the same. Look at the healer class, a BS or a TOS? A Hox or a Demo? A conq or a DT?

I know there is definitely consideration for the player behind, but with all the complaining about PVP armor being as OP as it is, the players skill cannot be considered, at least consider the pvp level.

I hope with all the comments in the forums as of late about this, there is some consideration towards this.

Lets not resort to trashing each other, but offer solutions and suggestions that funcom might consider. I am half considering writing the code that would balance for them. I just don't know if I have the time to think through the logic.

I also think its interesting hearing so much about t4 being more op than pvp gear. I see it a little too. However, this negates the position of pvp levels really mattering at all. Since pvp levels only give gear, and people are opting to use different gear, how do pvp levels even matter in the end? I cant think of the last time I saw a ranger in full pvp gear. If pvp levels gave increased spell damage, perhaps, but it doesn't.

We need to consider all those asking for better balance in gear between pvp and pve. If funcom listens, pvp gear may get a bigger boost. Careful what we all wish for.
    Last edited by bruceleroy; 9th June 2013 at 14:09.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    very nice reply
    t4 isnt op in fact its ideal gear for mages & rogues in pvp to be competitive in pvp vs soldiers & healers, soldiers+healers are still by far most oppressive classes in pvp.

its major turn off current setup system in minigames my average minigame on crom last months is 5-6 soldiers sins/demos and poms multiplying everyday.

more often then not 1 team is all players bellow pvp4-5 and other team acumulates all the pvp9-10.

overall for rogues/mages the t2&t3 pvp setups are in dire need of re-evaluating meaningfull stats to be able to compete vs soldiers&priest pvp sets.

i seen and still see a lot of pvper's being forced to pve to get better gear to pvp, especialy in the weapons department.

could it be possible to bring about at least the pvp crafting revamp before the "pve" crafting to mitigate this at least?

could someone at funcom at least acknowledge the troublesome issues with team setups?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    t4 isnt op in fact its ideal gear for mages & rogues in pvp to be competitive in pvp vs soldiers & healers, soldiers+healers are still by far most oppressive classes in pvp.

its major turn off current setup system in minigames my average minigame on crom last months is 5-6 soldiers sins/demos and poms multiplying everyday.

more often then not 1 team is all players bellow pvp4-5 and other team acumulates all the pvp9-10.

overall for rogues/mages the t2&t3 pvp setups are in dire need of re-evaluating meaningfull stats to be able to compete vs soldiers&priest pvp sets.

i seen and still see a lot of pvper's being forced to pve to get better gear to pvp, especialy in the weapons department.

could it be possible to bring about at least the pvp crafting revamp before the "pve" crafting to mitigate this at least?

could someone at funcom at least acknowledge the troublesome issues with team setups?
    You're clearly clueless to pvp when you believe that Rough/mages needs T4 gear to compete in pvp.
    T4 gear is ridiculously outbalanced, the increase of stats dose not match the progression stats on t1-3 pve gear nor pvp gear.

I'd suggest you go back and re learn pvp.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    You're clearly clueless to pvp when you believe that Rough/mages needs T4 gear to compete in pvp.
    T4 gear is ridiculously outbalanced, the increase of stats dose not match the progression stats on t1-3 pve gear nor pvp gear.

I'd suggest you go back and re learn pvp.
    t4 gear is best possible pvp gear for rogues&mages.
    not my fault you dont know it.
    what's a shame is pvp gear isnt best gear to pvp for rogues&mages.

plz go ahead and actualy prove my statements wrong.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

minis are balanced off archtypes NOT class or pvp level.

they are also balanced when the mini pops so if anyone leaves the mini the next in line just joins that team regardless of there archtype or class ect.

Basically minis are hardly balanced it was a smoke and mirrors change made by funcom not an in depth reworking of the system.

Minis will always be unbalanced for various reasons eg. people leave so the ones left call in guild to fill the spots and suddenly team is unbalanced. and the fact that as geldor says you cant balance good and bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    t4 gear is best possible pvp gear for rogues&mages.
    not my fault you dont know it.
    what's a shame is pvp gear isnt best gear to pvp for rogues&mages.

plz go ahead and actualy prove my statements wrong.
    You just totally changed your statement lmfao
    You first said T4 gear isn't OP and you said caster, rogue needs T4 gear to be competitive and to answer you NO.

infact T4 gear is ridiculously op
    no its not just for casters/rogue tanks and healer too they do insane amount of dmg.

SO yes your new statement is correct and that is exactly whats wrong with this game.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast