Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conan Exiles gameplay video

Just like playing aoc in first person view...and without any dynamic/directional combat system....age of bori?
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

3rd person view is no good either. Why is the character set off to the left? The more I see the less it looks like I want to play, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaras View Post
    I agree.

I think when CE comes out, some player quit AoC and both games are fked with population...well lets see and hope im wrong.

AoC best! Do u hear me Funcom? AOC BEST!!!!!!
    How can you quit a MMORPG for survival game? Survival is a short term game based on short bursts. I keep playing WoW, AoC, but after some time in survival games I always return.

Quote Originally Posted by pyle93 View Post
    How can you quit a MMORPG for survival game? Survival is a short term game based on short bursts. I keep playing WoW, AoC, but after some time in survival games I always return.

People currently dissatisfied with AoC believe, for some reason that I cannot comprehend, that Conan Exiles will be AoC 2.0 and will go for the PvP or housing. Some people stated this and some people STILL believe this is going to be the "AoC they never had"
    Semi-Retired
    Wiccana RP Forever
    Forum Stalker
    Forum PvPer

In an oversaturated market, I'd think that it is smart to consolidate your customer base with the products you have instead of splitting your customers into even more products.

Reasons may be irrational, though, as Funcom apparently runs on selling hopes and promises to investors, not on selling their product to the customer.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Alethia View Post
    I dont quite understand why everyone seems to be impressed with it. It looks like updated Age of Conan with minecraft gathering, stranded deep style building, and skyrim style combat with worse fatality blood screen splash.

It looks like nothing special to me; it looks like any other crafty survival game out atm, only without a lack of dinosaurs and a bit of lore and character customization.
    Agree with this apart from the "update" bit. To me it looked like a rough working copy from a decade before AOC. The characters and their movements in AOC are unmatched. Exiles looked retrograde in almost every way. Is the combat system really spamming left click?
    Last edited by Jota180; 16th December 2016 at 11:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    To me it looked like a rough working copy from a decade before AOC. The characters and their movements in AOC are unmatched. Exiles looked retrograde in almost every way.
    A large number of AoC animations were made with motion capture (for human-like characters, also some animals like horses) back when FC had a decent budget for making games. I'm the same, I love AoC animations so much it hurts my eyes when I look at other MMOs now, even recent ones

But motion capture is substantially more expensive than traditional animation, and also more complex. And FC don't have the budget (nor the time) to make state-of-the-art games anymore.

And yes, it's likely combat will be left-click spam, like other games of the survival genre. I hope they manage to make it interesting...
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    A large number of AoC animations were made with motion capture (for human-like characters, also some animals like horses) back when FC had a decent budget for making games. I'm the same, I love AoC animations so much it hurts my eyes when I look at other MMOs now, even recent ones

But motion capture is substantially more expensive than traditional animation, and also more complex. And FC don't have the budget (nor the time) to make state-of-the-art games anymore.

And yes, it's likely combat will be left-click spam, like other games of the survival genre. I hope they manage to make it interesting...
    If FC have this library of motion-captured animations, could it not be re-used for new games? Would it not be a matter of reskinning these animations or is that me being simplistic? It might be down to the fact they're using the Unreal engine.

I agree with you on more modern games. They tempt with eye candy graphics then deliver crude, simplistic or ill thought out combat systems which ruins the experience. All sparkly surface and no depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    If FC have this library of motion-captured animations, could it not be re-used for new games? Would it not be a matter of reskinning these animations or is that me being simplistic? It might be down to the fact they're using the Unreal engine.

I agree with you on more modern games. They tempt with eye candy graphics then deliver crude, simplistic or ill thought out combat systems which ruins the experience. All sparkly surface and no depth.
    As a person who has tried character rigging, I can say that it's not as simple as it sounds.Survival games these days tend to have this left click spamming. Otherwise doing a combo on a stone would look funny and in some way unnatural.
    Different strikes from different angles on the other hand would give more diversity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast