Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: magix since the gear revamp

Default magix since the gear revamp

Is it just me or the only ones that do heavy magic damage got a real buff out of this?

I mean necro dots use to hit my barb for 400 when crit? right about now its 550?
    also HoX HFB crits for 3k?

I am using barb pvp t1/t2 gear since i am pvp level 4 (maybe I just don't play it ritght) but I seem to go down on magic users way faster then before the gear revamp

any thought on this?

i think more tenacity on pvp gear is also part of that extra dmg u can feel

Quote Originally Posted by einartheblack View Post
    Is it just me or the only ones that do heavy magic damage got a real buff out of this?

I mean necro dots use to hit my barb for 400 when crit? right about now its 550?
    also HoX HFB crits for 3k?

I am using barb pvp t1/t2 gear since i am pvp level 4 (maybe I just don't play it ritght) but I seem to go down on magic users way faster then before the gear revamp

any thought on this?
    Damage over time effects are much more enhanced by pure magic damage for some reason compared to intelligence. The new pvp sets have a lot more pvp magic damage compared to T4 which has alot more intelligence but both have relatively similar overall magic damage. Ideally a necro wants to have more in the way of magic damage then intelligence because they rely on dots more than any class. A necro using SC set does much more dmg with their dots than a necro in full T4 using a nightfall non-pet spec.

Magic damage was increased on pvp gear, and prtection in some cases was lowered.

Necro dot will be cut in half soon, and other adjustments to feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Magic damage was increased on pvp gear, and prtection in some cases was lowered.

Necro dot will be cut in half soon, and other adjustments to feats.
    Dot Duration will be cut in half, the damage will be boosted.

Damn it's gonna be 500 per tick + 30% ? I mean seriously ?
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Damage over time effects are much more enhanced by pure magic damage for some reason compared to intelligence. The new pvp sets have a lot more pvp magic damage compared to T4 which has alot more intelligence but both have relatively similar overall magic damage. Ideally a necro wants to have more in the way of magic damage then intelligence because they rely on dots more than any class. A necro using SC set does much more dmg with their dots than a necro in full T4 using a nightfall non-pet spec.

Wait, are people actually using this pvp gear on casters now?

The only change I see is that some classes are no longer penalized for using piss-poor pvp armor where it's actually desirable now and about on par with t4 pve armor, where it used not to be.

Almost every class got an increase to damage, or at least to critical rating, and almost every class got increased survivability except those that already had too much.

On the whole I think (and from my experience with recent minis) that it's pretty evenly balanced for each class as armor goes.

They just need to implement the few class tweaks and it looks pretty solid, like the STA fix and the ftw dot duration, amongst others.

My guess is that your noticing more casters because the ones who did not have t4 armor finally found their pvp armor competitive again and unshelved their casters, or the drones all playing conqs and dts can't live with the new -10% protection (for around 40-45% mitigation) and decided to go back to their range classes. Either way, I am seeing lower level guys doing much better than before and being able to contribute much more to their team, which everyone should be happy about.
    Last edited by Suctum; 25th March 2014 at 06:17.
    Doomsayer 2008

First of all thanks for the replies.
    Though the necro dot buff seems a bit much? I can hardly survive 1 flash to worms if I have no healer in team or not close. Also necros have that nice spell(dont know exactly whats called) but it use to crit for about 3k - 3,5k now its almost up to 5k :S Where do I get my uber damage skill? Or who do I talk to so my bone shatter dot last for 15 sec?

maybe I'm a bit ranting
    and I apologize for it

Mages and casters are currently too powerful. Our gear needs to be toned down a bit.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast