Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is funcom doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    this is a bit of a generous estimate. I would wager between both servers there aren't "several hundred" players. Even on Crom during peak Us hours it resembles a "ghost town" as you put it.

Let's be real here. Both servers show the most activity during the EU prime time. Us prime time is low activity on both servers and weekends are a complete bust.
    Rubbish, at peak times in my guild alone we often have in excess of 40-50 people online.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    we have 8 if not more active raiding guilds on crom
    I would not be so sure.

when summer breaks over
    These are just humble illusions.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    I would not be so sure.

These are just humble illusions.
    tainted souls
    coe
    destiny
    req nex
    rogue angels
    dawnsong
    ronin
    knights of avalon
    firewind
    Black lotus rogues

Most of these guilds raided before the summer, and even if they didnt, they still have lots of active players in them
    Last edited by magnum92; 1st September 2017 at 11:24.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

tainted souls
    coe
    destiny
    req nex
    rogue angels
    dawnsong
    ronin
    knights of avalon
    firewind
    Black lotus rogues

Most of these guilds raided before the summer, and even if they didnt, they still have lots of active players in them
    Add (T6 and more)
    Khosatral Khel (former Shapur and Gothic) with Rakhana and Midgard
    Altvordere Sturmklingen
    Die Unbeugsamen (X. Legion and Friends Raidforce)
    Stahlmauer (none-guildspecific raidforce)
    Nangyuan

Are some froggies still raiding T6?

And some guilds that raid lower tiers or are still large and active without raiding, from the top of my head (most non german guilds missing I think)
    Age of Freelancer
    Meathook Minions
    House Merano
    House Jade Asp
    Quell des Lebens
    Poitains Freischar

Now add all missing guilds from the renown list, and all the lonely wolves clinging to their own small guilds, and all players who are not interested in guilds.

The peak is at eu times, that's for sure.

The number of the players in both servers are in peak time, according to best estimate is about 1/500's of the most popular mmo's today in the EU. (BDO, ESO, FFXIV, BNS...)
    It means roughly 500 players are on the peak time on the weekends at best. It is very very poor. Where we had uncountable pug raids from T1 to T4 on the weekends before RF even existed.
    Every time I log in I can see RF, WB, SC, and the usual Flame-Vortex-Palace round, maybe a T1 sweep, or maybe a T2, and that is it.

Raids: WB is killed the T1-T2 raids. Item shop is killed the T3 raids, full T3 set, T4, T5 items can drop from loot boxes. RF is killed the nerfed T4 raids. T5 is useless, only the buff is useful.
    Groups: Khitai, Ardashir, Old Unchained HM's are useless because of the easy T4 loots. Vanaheim is what, is it still exist?!
    From end game point of view the game is limited to T6, RF, SC, and maybe the famous Pit Master Arena. And that is all over. Almost everything is useless before T6 existed.
    It is pointless to talk about PVP...

What do you expect when other games have patches/events weekly, content updates monthly, and expansions in quarter years.
    AoC was a good game about 5 years ago. Now it is old and outdated in all aspects.

I wish this game to have a second version of it, but not let this company do it again.

tainted souls
    coe
    destiny
    req nex
    rogue angels
    dawnsong
    ronin
    knights of avalon
    firewind
    Black lotus rogues

And they can clear it too?
    I know couple of guilds are struggling with the filling of the raids.
    And I heared about raid alliances too.
    So I do not think this is what you/we want to see.
    I try to be as much optimistic as I can, but this is not how it should look a bright future of a game.
    Last edited by Vyky; 1st September 2017 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    And they can clear it too?
    I know couple of guilds are struggling with the filling of the raids.
    And I heared about raid alliances too.
    So I do not think it is what you/we want to see.
    I try to be as much optimistic as I can, but this is not how it should look a bright future of the game.
    I answered to Spreadicus, when he said a couple hundred was way too optimistic, me saying its possible and true doesnt automatically mean I think the population is good, your read-understanding must have picked that up along the way

Ironically you said 500 peak time, so your estimation exceeded mine, at the same time you say my claims is just "what i want to see". #Logics

Game is slowly dying thats true, but you cant use a summer-break as backbone to your claims that guilds cant fill raid atm, its been like this since the game launched.
    Last edited by magnum92; 1st September 2017 at 13:09.

[Youtube Channel]

The bottom line is that RF and WB killed the game. It enabled players to get easy gear and not learn a lick about how to master their class. Then when they decide to do harder content they cant keep up and end up quitting.

Euro time still has more players, but I see a dwindle even during that time. US time forget it, its 1 RF and a couple guilds raiding.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    The bottom line is that RF and WB killed the game. It enabled players to get easy gear and not learn a lick about how to master their class. Then when they decide to do harder content they cant keep up and end up quitting.

Euro time still has more players, but I see a dwindle even during that time. US time forget it, its 1 RF and a couple guilds raiding.
    Yeah I can tell when american prime creeping up on the server, its only politics in global and its hard to fill even a slithering, I dont know how extreme u would be to play at EU prime as a murican, but its sad that the diffrence is night and day (trlolol) between the primetimes.

[Youtube Channel]

tainted souls
    coe
    destiny
    req nex
    rogue angels
    dawnsong
    ronin
    knights of avalon
    firewind
    Black lotus rogues

Most of these guilds raided before the summer, and even if they didn't, they still have lots of active players in them
    Even IF you rounded up & concurrently took Jota's comment as some sort of reality; you'd come up with 500.

FACT; I've been part of many of the guilds you speak of & sure ... they have enough to Raid. But let's do not forget it takes 24 to Raid and they dont have 20/30+ other players waiting in the wings. I know this from expierence in those Guilds.

Lets also NOT forget they are cross pollinating. So the numbers, again, are being over inflated.

What you have now is huge numbers of subpar players from launch (like myself) who get carried by Guilds such as RN, KoA, etc and then think they are good, talk **** in T1/2/3/4 , and worse dont actually help (either thru guidance to others and/or just plain suck).

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast