Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: fixing PvP crowd control imbalances

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    This is not the case at all.
    I already gave my acceptance that maybe poms should have their instant, though others may disagree.

If we get better doubletap, and some nerfed knockback animations in certain cases, it's actually PoMs that can benefit more.
    Fair enough. I would oppose any more nerfs without serious considerations for the state of the class. Its already the least viable priest.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    Fair enough. I would oppose any more nerfs without serious considerations for the state of the class. Its already the least viable priest.
    Pst Xjeb for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyon View Post
    Now getting to my point: Nerfing it further will in my eyes require another look at the class in terms of a revamp. And since we just had a revamp, we are not likely to get another anytime soon.
    I completely agree with you imo ltp should have been changed with the rewamp because of the massive repulse nerf. I asked for AA refund when the first changes where proposed.

But I think this game has way too much CC, and KB is way too op as a CC. Shorter CD on repulse, longer CD on KB imunity = easy change and step in right direction.

This isnt ok for me. We trained LTP to full to get use out of the skill. I care about the time and points invested into a skill and having it nerfed yet again. I spent 100's of points and hours of time trying to get this skill and to have it degraded yet again is another slap to the face. New poms being able to just put 2/5 into it to make it viable is not my concern.
    Rangers had the same thing if i remember right. BS aswell. Ursine bound for example was completly OP before CC revamp it was like the absolute feat to have against most demos and sins who would waste two or three CC on it after a charge. It is now a LOT less efficient than compared to what it use to be.

Still efficient, but sure, less OP. That's what Iero's talking about.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Lets not forget LtP was already nerfed once... Would you support nerfing the BS and Ranger AA's even more?

And yes, even jeb on his pom is less efficient than he was on his tos.

As long as we all agree that if they did nerf LtP and Repulse again we would need to seriously rebalance the class (not like the last revamp, i cant stress that enough). Ive seen this class nerfed into the ground from posts and threads like this over the past 6 years and it concerns me seeing these discussions again.
    Last edited by lonetac; 6th March 2013 at 16:38.

Lets not forget LtP was already nerfed once... Would you support nerfing the BS and Ranger AA's even more?

And yes, even jeb on his pom is less efficient than he was on his tos.

As long as we all agree that if they did nerf LtP and Repulse again we would need to seriously rebalance the class (not like the last revamp, i cant stress that enough). Ive seen this class nerfed into the ground from posts and threads like this over the past 6 years and it concerns me seeing these discussions again.
    I think friendly spells proc'ing LtP is a bit much. Since it's technically a DPS AA, it should be DPS based.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I think friendly spells proc'ing LtP is a bit much. Since it's technically a DPS AA, it should be DPS based.
    Thats a pretty extreme nerf and doesnt work to the synergy of the class. Its a Priest, we shouldnt be forced into constant DPS. Limiting it to DPS only when all of our cast times are so long (condemnation and rebuke aside) would really be a big hit. I would say it should be removed from DMG spells if anything.

Forcing PoMs to dps to get procs imho is bad class design. This suggestion would drop our proc rates by close to 80% unless we just sit in the back and smite smite smite, is that what we really want our PoMs to be doing?

Thats a pretty extreme nerf and doesnt work to the synergy of the class. Its a Priest, we shouldnt be forced into constant DPS. Limiting it to DPS only when all of our cast times are so long (condemnation and rebuke aside) would really be a big hit. I would say it should be removed from DMG spells if anything.

Forcing PoMs to dps to get procs imho is bad class design. This suggestion would drop our proc rates by close to 80% unless we just sit in the back and smite smite smite, is that what we really want our PoMs to be doing?
    Constant DPS? I proc LtP easily within 2-3 spells. And that's not including heals. Oh, and Cleansing Fire procs LtP A LOT.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Exactly! Currently you can doubletap forward and sideways for the same effect, with momentum or immunity/evade. Doubletap backwards actually is the weakest of doubletaps imo, so the buffs could use some tweaking too.

I am not requesting any big change here, only small tweaks for a happier environment.

Did you see the testlive forums before conq rewamp was released? They asked for the Burst of Aggression to be changed. It remains unchanged still. You can't possibly suggest game is in full balance?

And guys... There will still be knockbacks...
    Games are never in full balance... I don't think I stated that. I do think things are pretty darn close and close enough to put CC tweaking to rest for a while. Anything and everything can be tweaked ad infinitum... CCs in their current state are not at game breaking levels, so I would focus on more important work like making PvP more available and finishing up the current round of revamps. Sure, yeah it may seem to be a simple change on the surface... change it to a .5 second cast time... shorten the animation... add some particle effects to warn us beforehand.... but it's not. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Everything goes through a vigorous pipeline. Ask anyone who worked in production.

Here's an example- Imagine buttoning a 100 button shirt in the dark and missing one little button. What do you do? Unbutton and re-button your shirt in candle-light or put your god damn pants on because you're already late for work? You put your god damn pants on, go to work and then after you have a laugh at your morning meeting, you go to the bathroom and fix your shirt!
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Constant DPS? I proc LtP easily within 2-3 spells. And that's not including heals. Oh, and Cleansing Fire procs LtP A LOT.
    thats true... Cleansing fire would help proc it. Still seems kind of drastic though. Without a high crit % (which also nerfed in the last revamp) it wouldnt work that well.

I would like to test but i cant see myself not casting heals in minigames, lol. Perhaps ill hit the straw dummy.

Lets not use ppl who are pvp 10 or have full t3-4 raid gear as a benchmark. What is your gear setup and your crit %? ive had plenty of instances where i had problems getting LtP to proc even in full pvp 8 gear and thats with it procing on my heals.
    Last edited by lonetac; 6th March 2013 at 18:36.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast