Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Overpowered PVP EXP Gain (PLS NERF)

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    At least don't turn random minigames into one way festival, it's the only reason they are still running and big guilds already manage to join with 3 or 4 people in the same minigame and manage to get 3 in same team by taking advantage of the low population while royally ignoring each other and trade random player kills trapped there like there is no objectives reward.

Go open world, tournament mode, khesh arena or ask funcom to make a new queue where you can sign as group so your bored veteran friends can come back not just to farm even more randoms in minigames without full AA and T3pvp/T4+pve gear while getting all the rewards but to fight between vets pvpers and people willing to face organized teams with the latest pve toys.

It's a game, meant to be fun dont forget, leave some space to casuals in pvp
    The random minigame queue doesn't help noobs, they get farmed no matter what. If anything, a group of friends playing together on a much stronger team will cap out the game much faster than is the case now. Now it's usually the most egomanic soldier grabbing the third flag, in order to move to the weaker team's respad.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by lolipope View Post
    I cant be bothered to start a flame war about honesty when i read some posts but at least the points have been exposed, now this discussion is mined by some tunnel vision "elitists" veteran pvp10 pve players as if it was not nearly a decade this game was released and long time forgotten in the most competitive pvpers mind because of hacks, exploits, broken code and unstable servers, content or lack thereof, no open world progression, class imbalances, broken pve/pvp AA and item progression.

At least don't turn random minigames into one way festival, it's the only reason they are still running and big guilds already manage to join with 3 or 4 people in the same minigame and manage to get 3 in same team by taking advantage of the low population while royally ignoring each other and trade random player kills trapped there like there is no objectives reward.

Go open world, tournament mode, khesh arena or ask funcom to make a new queue where you can sign as group so your bored veteran friends can come back not just to farm even more randoms in minigames without full AA and T3pvp/T4+pve gear while getting all the rewards but to fight between vets pvpers and people willing to face organized teams with the latest pve toys.

It's a game, meant to be fun dont forget, leave some space to casuals in pvp and give them all the tools to progress fast and fair to really enjoy their experience in this old mmo because they are not only making the largest part of any big mmo population but they can sometimes prove to be the best competition in the long run.

To conclude i don't see this discussion going anywhere without action from funcom anyway and they are too busy with T6 pve raid.
    Your not going to progress at 2 minis played a day. Period. Nothing funcom can do will allow for that kind of lackluster investment. Tunnel vision "elitists" veteran pvp 10 pve players? Where are you going with that? I actually earned my levels strictly though world pvp and minis, as did some of the other "elitists" that commented. And that was on a very populated pvp server, which quite frankly, most players now would not be able to stomach.

You do realize progression has been broken since they changed the heroic stats years ago? It was 1.5 that introduced the "more meaningful stats" and allowed pve items to excel past pvp items. It wasn't until 2.0 and bori that the t3 gear became better, and that was only for a moment. It wasn't until last year that they fixed the pvp armor so it was actually good for pvp. Your all over the place with what your saying, first it's pve t5 is better than t3 pvp gear...no way. It really is not. Then you complaining about progression...yes it could be a bit faster but honestly, but if its too quick that's not going to help anyone either. You cannot l2p if your given everything, and some progression is needed for players to learn how to pvp. What good would it be if you can get from pvp 1-10 in 30 days or less if you don't understand the class, can't land combos, or contribute to the mini other than just being there? There needs to be that slight gap so players learn how to play.

From your comments, it sounds like your upset your not rewarded for losing, and why should you be. Pre 1.5, you got nothing for losing. Now, you still get badges in Sag for losing, you still get a chance at bori tokens, and you can still get a little exp doing pvp festival events while losing. Randomized pug minis ensure you at some point will get carried for wins. I really don't know how much easier they can make it, you can even buy the t1 gear from the trader at pvp zero. I think it should be free of level requirement, but the store is one of their sales drivers so forget about that. You just need to put the time in like we all did.

The game is approaching 8 years, and since 2.0 it has not been friendly to new players. It is not going to become friendly to new players, so I would suggest enjoy it as it is. The pvp progression is faster than it has ever been, and if you get some things from the store than it's even faster and easier. Funcom can only provide the items though, if you can't win or barely play the class though than that's on the players. At the end of the day, pvp progression is still about winning over your enemies and out playing other players. Funcom can't help the fact some are better than others no matter the circumstance.
    Last edited by Suctum; 25th September 2015 at 11:26.
    Doomsayer 2008

Just my opinion

-give full T1 PvP set at PvP0.
    -get rid/reduce to 1-2 hours max the cooldown on minigame quests.
    -keep sag rewards as they are, make all other minis give 2 tokens per win/1 token if you loose.
    -reduce PvP level requirements for T2 PvP set.
    -reduce PvP level requirements for T3 PvP set.
    -greatly increase amount of Prowess given per minigame win, give 50% of that amount to the team that lost too.
    -greatly increase rewards for PvP festival quests for participation, dont give everything only to those who win events (keep rewards for the winners as they are).
    -give a significant amount of Expertise AA points each time you gain a level in PVP.

And ofcourse let us sign up in minis with 1 more friend.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    Just my opinion

-keep sag rewards as they are, make all other minis give 2 tokens per win/1 token if you loose.
    -greatly increase amount of Prowess given per minigame win, give 50% of that amount to the team that lost too.
    -greatly increase rewards for PvP festival quests for participation, dont give everything only to those who win events (keep rewards for the winners as they are).
    -give a significant amount of Expertise AA points each time you gain a level in PVP.

I can agree with all of that, basically. But I think Funcom doesn't want to give pvp t1 weapons at pvp 0 because they are actually very decent in pve too (the melee ones, that is - they have very good weapon damage and crits) which is obviously unfair to pure pve players who normally have to grind their way through blues then pve t1/2 or Khitai epics etc. We all know many just jump on MC/entity pugs but I think you get my point...
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I do get what you're tying to say but its PvP lvl 0, the pure PvE player will be able to get it too, he/she will not have to ding a single level in PvP nor do a single kill or mini.

What i see as a bigger problem than this is that FC is making some cash out of ppl who buy T1 set from shop, so giving it up for free will deprive them from that income - but in case they will decrease PvP level requirements for T2 gear, to be almost as fast it is to get T1 now, they could just sell the T2 set on shop and as far as i am concerned i wouldnt have any objections on that.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    yes it could be a bit faster but honestly, but if its too quick that's not going to help anyone either. You cannot l2p if your given everything, and some progression is needed for players to learn how to pvp. What good would it be if you can get from pvp 1-10 in 30 days or less if you don't understand the class, can't land combos, or contribute to the mini other than just being there? There needs to be that slight gap so players learn how to play.
    According to your logic, there would be no learning curve in FPSs. A player's skill at time invested = 0 would be equal to his skill at infinite time invested. Seriously? You may argue that vertical power progression creates incentives to play the game - but it has nothing to do with the learning curve...

Just my opinion

Great suggestions. Hope that FC will have another look at this issue at some point. Revenues from PvP T1 sets in the item shop can't be that significant...
    Last edited by Rathothis; 25th September 2015 at 13:58.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I do get what you're tying to say but its PvP lvl 0, the pure PvE player will be able to get it too, he/she will not have to ding a single level in PvP nor do a single kill or mini.
    What I mean is that it affects the pve progression a little and makes for example t1 raids (or even Khitai grind to some extent since many of the Khitai weapons are a joke) even less attractive than they already are - I don't think the item shop is the only reason why they refuse to do it. I'm pretty sure FC cares a great deal about the pve experience. (myself I would not oppose it though, given the state of the game)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

The only way to make friend casuals, hardcores, semi pvpers and full time pvpers in a premade queue would be to achieve the "Unchained" minigame project. Then make a pvp10 pro league and an amateur league. Not bad for a 2015 christmas Pipe dream? oh and Punkbuster for new year 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Gear is not that big deal of anyway, people just use it as an excuse, what matters is latency + aa, sure t1-t3 have some differences but it is nothing game breaking like aa is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9o7GI4dSZE
    broom vs ibis barb duels
    ^ purely a latency fight, broom barb with wery good ms vs barb with 300+ ping
    Jesus Christ... Not once did the other barb teleport on Balacai's screen. Not once was the hit box somewhere else than the actual character on screen. Seems like us Europeans got Age of Conan Version 0.5, lol. Last time I dueled someone in arena it was a teleport fest the likes of which would indicate I was still using my 36.6k modem in the late 90ties.
    Anyway, for the t1 vs t3 all discussion, I would prefer it you used absolute values, not the relative, as they are extremely misleading. +121"random" rating is pretty much 3.4ish% more of that stat.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Jesus Christ... Not once did the other barb teleport on Balacai's screen. Not once was the hit box somewhere else than the actual character on screen. Seems like us Europeans got Age of Conan Version 0.5, lol. Last time I dueled someone in arena it was a teleport fest the likes of which would indicate I was still using my 36.6k modem in the late 90ties.
    Anyway, for the t1 vs t3 all discussion, I would prefer it you used absolute values, not the relative, as they are extremely misleading. +121"random" rating is pretty much 3.4ish% more of that stat.
    I remember when I duel badacai and he had ability called "teleport" every time u gonna hit him he teleport away, or even if u hit him, the hit box is red and he kb u from 30 meter with barb
    biggest unbalance in pvp is this ^
    The Law

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast