Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: game died right?

Default game died right?

I heard game is dead and as I can see no updates even not a small ones so does it mean devs want sub fees for nothing?
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton View Post
    I heard game is dead and as I can see no updates even not a small ones so does it mean devs want sub fees for nothing?
    Game isn't dead yet, although it certainly has seen better days.
    No more major updates are planned. We might get some minor stuff from time to time, but don't hold your breath for that.
    Sub fees aren't quite for nothing - even if no more updates are coming it still costs money to have the servers running, and paying GMs to answer support tickets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton View Post
    The only thing they'll probably ever update is adding silly OP gems for the 2nd raid finder ring, there is no actual development coming, ever.

The only benefit you get to subbing is a token bonus, the 10g gold cap removed and you have a certain amount of chars you unlock as F2P, obviously you'd have access to all chars if subbed, so I guess if those are things you really want you'd sub otherwise it's just a waste of money.

Depends on the definition of dead, relative to a few years ago it's very dead, though there's still enough people playing to do stuff, though mostly people just do Chaos or RF all the time, a few guilds still raid and clear the highest tier and minis pop most of the time (though there's plenty of hackers or respad sitting trolls in them).
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    The only thing they'll probably ever update is adding silly OP gems for the 2nd raid finder ring, there is no actual development coming, ever.

The only benefit you get to subbing is a token bonus, the 10g gold cap removed and you have a certain amount of chars you unlock as F2P, obviously you'd have access to all chars if subbed, so I guess if those are things you really want you'd sub otherwise it's just a waste of money.

Depends on the definition of dead, relative to a few years ago it's very dead, though there's still enough people playing to do stuff, though mostly people just do Chaos or RF all the time, a few guilds still raid and clear the highest tier and minis pop most of the time (though there's plenty of hackers or respad sitting trolls in them).
    %100 agree with you.. There is no options for us.. Edit by Anzu: No.
    Last edited by Anzu; 20th October 2017 at 20:07.
    Oguzkagan(PoM) AKA Ogzu/Professional smite spammer..
    Aetyus(Barb),Chokoprenses(Demo),Janissaryian(DT),S inokyo(Sin)
    Shamanner(BS),Wrongziga(Hox),Bamsibeyrek(Conq),Tos pital(Tos),Aggromancer(Necro),Aggroholder(Guard)

From Funcom:

For Age of Conan, a Thanksgiving and a Christmas sale events were launched, new rewards were added to the Raid finder and the tie-in items with Conan Exiles were added. No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

So yes, from a development standpoint the game is officially dead. It's a discontinued project.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Default 'he's dead jim'

no gems for new raidfinder rings. f2p atm- raiding t6 weekly, rf and chaos. not sure if i should even do 1 month sub for t6 items- sad

Quote Originally Posted by dohihr View Post
    no gems for new raidfinder rings. f2p atm- raiding t6 weekly, rf and chaos. not sure if i should even do 1 month sub for t6 items- sad
    you'll need to sub in order to buy T6 main pieces due to the gold cap.

Game is dead. I've watched the population get run out by a group of players seemingly above the rules. On the last merger, the population decreased 90% . Lucky to get one or two mini games in and guess what, those players above the rules, are the only ones really left playing. This community has been so poorly mismanaged that I'm even surprised people even make forum posts anymore.
    "This games community is not a community at all, it's a cancer." Altaro | Goldenboy is my biggest fan. His shrine to me is flattering yet scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Solareus View Post
    Game is dead. I've watched the population get run out by a group of players seemingly above the rules. On the last merger, the population decreased 90% . Lucky to get one or two mini games in and guess what, those players above the rules, are the only ones really left playing. This community has been so poorly mismanaged that I'm even surprised people even make forum posts anymore.
    I disagree with everything you just said

Quote Originally Posted by Solareus View Post
    those players above the rules, are the only ones really left playing.
    I'm glad top learn that I'm above the rules, since I'm still playing.

Now, I'll remind you of one of the rules: personal conflicts do not belong on the forums. If you want to fight someone, do it in game.

Naming and shaming isn't allowed either.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast