Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A question

Default A question

So I know hoxes have a weird nature in how Intelligence does not improve Burn to Death dot, or Pillars / Firelance damage like pure magic damage does.

Strength improve Pillars / Firelance, or atleast so I heard.

Pillars is some weird combo, cause in combatlog it says it says only "hit", but it is firedamage.

Again, given the weird nature of the hox:

What about combatrating (2he)?
    combat rating (fire)?

I believe they all boost Hell Strikes, but I may be mistaken.
    Most of all Im curious about the Pillars and Firelance as it's those I use the most. Which one of these combatratings will increase my pillars damage?
    All of them, or just some of them?

I believe that any form of combat rating, whether it be given by strength or by (2he) or by (insert element here), will affect the HoX combos, though I haven't strawman'd it out myself. It's the DoTs that are the weird stuff, since that's where a lot of the damage comes from. I hardly ever use Hell Strikes now, and prioritize Fire Lance way down my list, below Burn to Death and Pillars and debuffs and all that good stuff, so I wouldn't worry too much about combat rating if I were you. Given the choice, I'd go for magic damage and more magic damage.

Both attributes add damage to all combos. The only problem is that some of your enemies have elemental resistances.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Id go with plain CR or CR (2he) whenever I can.
    Combat rating (fire) does not effect BtD dot - this is why legendary cloak sux. :P
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Both of them will increase your pillars damage, combat rating fire doesn't increase burn to death dot

edit: corrected
    Last edited by e1iphas; 2nd January 2014 at 14:49.

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    Id go with plain CR or CR (2he) whenever I can.
    Combat rating (fire) does not effect BtD dot - this is why legendary cloak sux. :P
    How did you test this hushi ?I seem to remember it works properly o_o

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    How did you test this hushi ?I seem to remember it works properly o_o
    It was Jo, she is better at testing than me so I believe her. ^^
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

The CR (Fire) means instead of armour being used to mitigate the hit, protection is used.

Although HoX is the rare class that makes use of (Fire) in CR, the difference is almost negligible.

I have a sidequestion about stats that I don't think deserves it's own thread....

I'm a new hox and use a poss/avatar build, basically having btd > 2 poif > mss/firelance as my priority with essence/avatar/inferno/curse/spitfire/exultation used frequently, but I find myself going out of mana pretty frequently in long fights with no regen breaks like dragon/yeti, and even palace/malice.

I'm going for the Brittle Blade set, which I hear is the best, but there is a problem with that because the stats are all physical/magical damage, with no int or mana regen that I can see. I've just got 2 pieces so far (though I've been using the demo/necro BB gloves over the hox ones because of the int and hit), but as I get more and more I will keep losing int in favor of str/cr/m. dmg., and I'm afraid my mana issues will worsen.

Anyone know what I should do? Is it maybe not good to have a full BB set, instead keeping some pieces that give mana/tap/regen?

Hmmm. I've never known any mana problems that a mana pot couldn't cure, but if you're running serious mana problems as a HoX, gear may or may not be the right way to fix. In any case, I think your case deserves its own thread. If you really want mana regen, some Scarlet Circle mage gear might be a weak fix. Stronger fix would be to fiddle with your feats.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast