Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    80 AAs times 18 hours each = 1440 hours = 60 days. That means any character who has been lvl 80 for more than 60 days and who bothered to do time AAs will have 80 plus points.

So if you have a character from 2011...why does it only have about 90 AAs? I only use time training on most of my characters (have 17 lvl 80s) and only the newbies from this past year aren't nearly full with at least the PVE side of AAs.

Still would like to see old time subscribers get some expertise points in /claim to use as desired too though. Maybe a one time 40 expertise points if you have subbed for over six months in the game for the anniversary.

this! all my toon 80s have very nice AA just from learning over time

Veterans always get shafted, just go ahead and award the leveling newbies instant AA points with no work required. I have payed subscription since launch and never ONCE got a gift that good. what a shame. Hell I've even bought special bundles for x amount of dollars and maybe got 1 expertise point. Damn straight! Why not just give newbies khitai/pvp gear for free too so they won't complain that a person that played since launched kicked their ass in a mini. lol I've worked hard on all my characters, 11 to be exact so far each at lvl 80 and what do I get, nothing but hmm maybe the newbies will have more aa's then some of my already lvl 80 characters. Funcom = *******.

For example, to get the 5th point in Pressing Strikes, it requires 30 Mastery or Expertise. So if someone already has a relatively full AA tree, this will only give them a few extra points in their trees, but it will give fresh 80s a good jump start on getting the key AAs to be able to participate in desirable level 80 content. 80 expertise points will be a drop in the bucket of our AA pool, but a nice gesture all the same.
    Last edited by Thutkemi; 22nd May 2013 at 22:49.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

I cannot understand why people are whining here. Collecting AA points atm takes shitloads of time and hardly anyone want to sign marriage with AoC just to grind them

For new alts it is painful to wait 2 months in afk mode while waiting offline AA timer to give needed perks for progress

Good thing that new alts get, sadly not f2p players

Quote Originally Posted by ethersurge View Post
    Just go ahead and award the leveling newbies instant AA points with no work required. Damn straight! Just give newbies khitai/pvp gear for free too so they won't complain that a person that played since launched kicked their ass in a mini.

I fully support this. Vet's are OP. That's why newbies don't stick.

Unchained minigames should help with that: no one will be able to use uber gear or full AAs to be better than new players entering into the unchained minis.

I think its a great idea. Anything you can do to help out new players is win.

Now lets get the pvp gear > pve gear while your on a roll!

Really though, great job. I am so happy someone is doing something with this game.

Thank you and carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Yiing View Post
    I think its a great idea. Anything you can do to help out new players is win.
    • Give all newbies a 100% immunity buff on their first run-through of every dungeon!
    • Give all level 80s a half-set of Khitai armor (or equivalent buff) that decays after few weeks and must be replaced with the real deal.
    • Create observer slots for raids: can't interact or be affected, don't count against raid group size, receive no benefits (drops, XP, quests, etc).
    Last edited by Prima; 23rd May 2013 at 02:01.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Believe it or not, Silirrion taught us something very important: Forum users are the minority.

I don't know, PvE is an AoC game and it requires some AAs to start AoCing. Joel's idea is pretty good imo and I can't see why people are rejecting it, well, at least here at the forums.

When I was in the brazilian guild with my BRos, I remember rejecting a lot of new players into my group because they had nothing to offer to it, so most of the time everything they could do was 2 or 3 faction quests and then log off.

Quote Originally Posted by ethersurge View Post
    Veterans always get shafted, just go ahead and award the leveling newbies instant AA points with no work required. I have payed subscription since launch and never ONCE got a gift that good. what a shame. Hell I've even bought special bundles for x amount of dollars and maybe got 1 expertise point. Damn straight! Why not just give newbies khitai/pvp gear for free too so they won't complain that a person that played since launched kicked their ass in a mini. lol I've worked hard on all my characters, 11 to be exact so far each at lvl 80 and what do I get, nothing but hmm maybe the newbies will have more aa's then some of my already lvl 80 characters. Funcom = *******.

this!

thanks for getting owned and owned, over and over again

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast