Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So... When merge Fury and Crom?

Well i was talking about whole Tortage Underhalls And i have nothing against if FC will turn all areas and instances to pvp Will be fun to kill ppl while they sitting on auction

I really miss the times when you should use hide before you choose "normal" or "epic" to find yourself alive when loading screen fades. And when you logging off you should find a discreet place and use hide too There was danger everywhere and you felt that Hyboria is really harsh place for strong warriors. Not like it is now. Right now it looks like Hyboria is safe enough to let your barely-18-teen daughter go alone with a gold sack to her grandma on the other side of the world.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 29th May 2016 at 14:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Well i was talking about whole Tortage Underhalls And i have nothing against if FC will turn all areas and instances to pvp Will be fun to kill ppl while they sitting on auction

I really miss the times when you should use hide before you choose "normal" or "epic" to find yourself alive when loading screen fades. And when you logging off you should find a discreet place and use hide too There was danger everywhere and you felt that Hyboria is really harsh place for strong warriors. Not like it is now. Right now it looks like Hyboria is safe enough to let your barely-18-teen daughter go alone with a gold sack to her grandma on the other side of the world.
    Yeah I remember my 2 characters on a PvP server.

Finally leaving Tortage -> going into Wild Lands of Zelata -> getting killed by a level 80 sin that pops out of hide -> respawning not so far in the wilds at respad -> getting ganked by the same guy over and over again. I don't know but I don't think in the original stories of Conan and Hyboria there is one single case of respad ganking lol

2nd character was almost the same, got ganked by 3 or 4 level 70 -80 players in Province Khopshef at a quest giver NPC and later on a respad since their ranger could track me. Great.
    Since then I never played on a PvP server again. Getting ganked by people (who are obviously unbeatable in terms of level and gear) and then being called "noob" and many other insults too is just plain stupid.

I dont know what a server you were playing and why you were playing alone and why you met just 1 sin after tortage because i remember raids clashing on aquilonia server 24/7. And if someone lowbie was killed repeteadly by high level and still dont team up with friends and guildies and dont make this a-hole stay on respad or even logoff - it means this lowbie worth to get farmed. If you get farmed and dont team up with friends to avoid it you should blame noone but yourself.

When Cimmeria was intact, it was considered 'bad form' to farm lowbies or to ambush people doing quests and you could ask for help and expect some bored lvl 80s to come out and chase the guy around. People would post in global asking for help.

When Tyranny came out, things changed. It was 'working as intended' for gangs of lvl 40s to farm lvl 80s on the way to raids and give the entire in range raid murder points for bugging out the mechanics (if someone defended themselves they got murder points even when the lowbies started the fight). So you either went to raids in epic instances or had to work off murder points after raids. It was considered 'good form' to ambush people fighting mobs or minibosses and take the kill when the other people could not fight back effectively. It was considered 'funny' for a certain long extinct ranger (not giving a name) to farm people going down the vistrix ladder. People would sit in raid entrances and group farm raiders coming in.

I left Tyranny soon after the merge and all my characters are on Crom now. If they merge Crom and Fury they better not make world pvp required or I'll take my marbles and go home. A separate instance and a separate pvp trash talking chat window would work for me. Its the trash talking ganker mentality that drove me off the pvp server. Plus the bozos farming new players in the Tortage areas and chasing off new people. Or ress pad farming new players in minis then QQing that no one wants to do minis, its always the same people.

You made your beds, sleep in them.

The pvp is in current state not because of players but because it was abandoned by developers years ago. Pvpers cant even play together in bread daily content (minigames) when pveers are able to do it all the time since release. You cant blame pvpers for resfarm or said broken criminal system same as noone can blame those pveers who have done kun-wu insignias farm or solo balbet zhun kills in old times. Its all mistakes done by developers not players.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 29th May 2016 at 18:29.

I was playing on one of the german servers, this was in summer 2009.
    Sure I could have told my guild, with a fresh character, on a new server while playing the game for a 1 or 2 week. Of course I would knew all the little tricks in a completely new MMO for me when getting ganked by some oeverpowered enemies that wont even let me get away from the respad.
    I could have left the game, like a lot of people did because this ganking sh*t happened a lot. But I kept playing on one of the PvE server and did not left the game because it finally started to make fun.

Typical PvPer, I don't have anything left for you guys, really, I don't care a bit if you server dies out like all the others did lol
    Most of you are just vile and trash talking people who cry alot in global or group chats, just take a look into the chat when the crying starts. Makes me think of a certain group of players in shooter games... wait I know it! Little Call of Duty kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    The pvp is in current state not because of players but because it was abandoned by developers years ago. Pvpers cant even play together in bread daily content (minigames) when pveers are able to do it all the time since release. You cant blame pvpers for resfarm or said broken criminal system same as noone can blame those pveers who have done kun-wu insignias farm or solo balbet zhun kills in old times. Its all mistakes done by developers not players.
    afaik, abuse of bugs, glitches or game errors is a failure(?) to the terms of use of the game...
    in other words, once you accepted those terms, using bugs, glitches, etc to your own advantage is not permited and should be sanctioned.

yes a mistake by the developers, but a bad use from the users aswell...
    meh...

Well personally I do not think they will merge Fury to Crom and if they do it will not happen for years. If you shut down the last pvp server then pvp is truly dead, how can you be a true pvper where the only pvp you can get is mini games and the odd pvp festival. No it would be truly unwise to merge the two servers or offer free transfers and I hope that it never happens. If your on Fury and want to be on Crom, roll a new toon or pay to have one of your toons transferred, but do not kill the server by letting everyone transfer to Crom for free. Besides most of the pvpers will only end up crying that they are not happy there either and want to transfer back, I have seen it in global already. If people who truly wanted to pvp stayed on Fury the server would not be dead, sure there may not be many riads but most pvpers do nothing but trash talk pve people for being care bears and such anyway so why bother with any of that? Personally I get so tired of all the crying, complaining and trash talking in Global from the pvp crowd that came here already that I can't imagine what it would be like with say another 100 people like that on Crom. No leave it as it is free transfers from Fury would be bad for everyone. Nuff said.

What a complains from pvpers are you talking about? I dont see a normal conversation in global over 3 months. All chat channels are overflooded with pve spam of invitations or goldselling trash.

For now I will not play the game since there is no clear goal for pvp-ers.
    Funcom does not support pvp player side of community thats why they loose players.
    There is a lot of cheats in the game, funcom ignores.

Anyways funcom needs to make a TO-DO list:
    - implement anti-cheat
    - make only one server with pvp and pve instances of zones.

just these two things would solve a lot of players frustrations.
    The Law of Fury

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast