Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: PvP Minigames whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Well you know, when a demo KB my dt and use firewave on me, i lost already like 40 - 50% My Hp.

Then he run away still blast me, and cc again with firewave.

The game is absolutely broken this is what i think, and ever more with t4 gears.

( I have a demo too, but only pvp 5 ).

And already my demo can own people so fast with fire ring (fireweave AA).

Some class are already so strong, this is the problem, look at the sin in t4 who can critical you with a detonate at 4600 - 4800 (first time i see it).

You will don't see that on pvp 10 guys, that don't exist.

We don't play the same game, those people are far more stronger.

Btw if people don't know what fire ring do :

Fireweave hit at 1 k + (minimum) every 1 second for at last 10 second.

With fire ring, you will hit every 0.5 seconde for 5 second, with more AOE radius.

So op, you do like 5 - 6 K in 5 second (KB enough for the 5 second).

When i gank people with my demo, i launch fire gehena, the two instant the lord thunder thing instant (AA).

You can remove already 3 K HP.

Use the KB who hit at last at 600.

Use fireweave, you remove 5 - 6 K HP.

Now the answer is, if i enjoy those fight ? Well i don't, but i either don't enjoy see a sin two shot my demo, or a ranger two shot him too...

So this is the first who attack.
    So basically T4 raid gear is the most powerful in the game right?

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    So basically T4 raid gear is the most powerful in the game right?
    For demo ?

Yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmaelle View Post
    Well, no. You re forgettin the Rare tokens / Dragon tears, and of course the more than not granted drops.

These actually DO TAKE time to acquire, far more than anything you can grab in PvP simply by winnin minis.
    Feel free to go just in minis with fresh char and grind your way to pvp 8 so you can have weapon,than let me know how much time did it take you. After that if you have will also acquire pvp t3 armor.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Feel free to go just in minis with fresh char and grind your way to pvp 8 so you can have weapon,than let me know how much time did it take you. After that if you have will also acquire pvp t3 armor.
    1 years to pvp 8 with hard grind i think.

and for token, you will get it all when you reach pvp 8 i think.

But this is so much.

It doesn't take that long man.

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Thx, great comment

So your point is?

Ok, you convinced me, I give up.
    Continue to QQ, I promise I will not reply anymore, I will just read and have some lol.
    It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you don't know the whole picture, you should go and gain more perspective first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    It doesn't take that long man.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you don't know the whole picture, you should go and gain more perspective first.
    My main is BS PvP 8.

Anyway, I'm not an experienced PvPer (I have been playing this game for 2 and half years, and PvP for not so much time) nor a good player, still I'm free to post my opinion since I spend my time in game in minigames as other people.

And I don't know how to explain you anymore (anyway you don't read my posts, since you completely ignored the topics I proposed to discuss, which were a lot better than this continous QQ, a total waste of time) but: yes, a conq who QQ about demo "beeing too resistant", whatever is the demo gear, it's something to lol hard about.

/forum PvP out
    Last edited by Calore; 4th July 2013 at 11:52.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Just a reminder: intelligence and wisdom give protection too. So a full t4 demo has 400 protection against fire/electrical/cold damage (not counting accessories and weapons which give even more). Not so bad now, eh?
    Full pvp t3 (again, no accessories) is 700 prot (however it works against all types of magic damage including holy and unholy which makes a difference vs poms and sins)

Poms get about 450 prot (vs holy/unholy) in full t4 vs 1000 against everything in full pvp t3. That's a more meaningfull difference but poms in full t4 one shot everything with their fat crits (and they actually can handle sins pretty well with their bubbles and stuff) so you still see poms in full doing t4 doing great. Toses in full t4 are rare though.

And btw... good demos actually can kill sins in 1o1 (but it's like 50/50, not 100% ofc). Unless you think all sins on Fury are bad, which would make me laugh, I can tell you our best demos don't get facerolled CONSTANTLY by sins (since that's what you are apparently saying).

And sygma how can you say it's faster to get pvp gear - unless you mean pvp t1 gear? All raids give relics so you always get to purchase at least your minor pieces (for t3,t3.5,t4) in a relatively short amount of time if you're in a proper raiding guild. It takes a lot of won minis to get pvp t2 gear (and a ludicrous amount to get pvp t3 gear...). Ofc not taking Bori into account here.
    It's very easy for any clothie to die to a sin if they Stealth Attack/Facestab, that alone is more than 50% of your health most of the time.

But that's from stealth, if a sin fumbles that or just goes straight for you it's pretty easy to just kite them while they use all their cooldowns and then kill them after. Most sins can't land any combo outside the stealth attack and 1 step GC or DWW/GB. The protip here is use Shockstrike when you land a CC rather than fog so you don't procc LO on some dumb incinerate crit when the sin is at 5%. I always hate that.

And if you are getting farmed by a sin who is just going for the same person again and again out of stealth, you should try to stay with your team. With the preponderance of heavys in pug minis, once the sin pops out it's just a matter of kiting for a few seconds while the melee on your team eat him alive. Also, it's not very efficient to keep killing the same person out of stealth, because once they do it they are hiding and waiting on cool downs before they try again which leaves their team to fight 1 man down. You are most likely fighting bad sins who just use a cheese stealth attacks/facestab/DWW, and run away. If you actually get a few people who know what their doing on your team, these kinds of sins do nothing but die all game.

As for the guy saying he can get to pvp 10 faster than getting a full set of pve gear, that's laughable. I got a full set of BB gear in less than a week, and with how many tokens drop in t4 I'm sure if I wanted to raid in less than 60 days I could be full t4. Your not going from pvp 0-10 in 60 days.
    Last edited by Suctum; 4th July 2013 at 17:34.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Your not going from pvp 0-10 in 60 days.
    When Bori first came out, some Euros got pvp 10 within a week, but that was most likely from level 4 or 5 which only takes 1-2 days of Bori grind anyways. People dont have the dedication or guild support like when it first came out so yeah it probibly takes about a month or two of hard work these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    When Bori first came out, some Euros got pvp 10 within a week, but that was most likely from level 4 or 5 which only takes 1-2 days of Bori grind anyways. People dont have the dedication or guild support like when it first came out so yeah it probibly takes about a month or two of hard work these days.
    If you do no bori and only mini games/world pvp, your not getting pvp 5-10 in 60 days.

If you do only bori, you still need to win over 200 tokens to by most of your gear, which means to do that fairly fast your at least doing the mini game quests 2x a day with some sag thrown in.

The way minis pop and the current match making this is not going to happen fast either. Sometimes I can will all 4 games in a row, other times the players are so bad I can only get 1 win every 6 games.

If you want to do bori, you need to find additional people to do it. Most people who WANT to do bori are players who can barely defend themselves, most people who you see in minis won't be caught doing bori unless they are out there killing people. The few times I have done bori to do it, it was just for some quick tokens to buy gear.

In today's game and population, there is no quick way to get pvp levels. You can however, do multiple t4 raids with 5+ guilds so yes, you can T4 much faster than you can get pvp exp, at least on Set soon to be Crom.

*And there were all kinds of tricks to doing bori when it first came out, you did not even need to be in the same group as long as you were guilded to get exp for a while. People would AFK leech for days from guilds that constantly held bori. The first US person to get 10 did so in under a month, I don't know about 1 week, you would need some pretty good drugs to be able to do that.
    Last edited by Suctum; 4th July 2013 at 19:35.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    1 years to pvp 8 with hard grind i think.

and for token, you will get it all when you reach pvp 8 i think.

But this is so much.
    3 mths actually

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast