Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Discuss! Game Director Letter - May 2014

1:10 between tiers? You mean 1 simple relic t5 would cost 10000 t1. That's hilarious suggestion, because it would not change anything. 1:2 between tiers wouldn't be too generous. I'd love if eq. t1+t2+t3 provide more t4 tokens than t4 alone. Because someone who joins three raids a week is more valuable to community, so also for Funcom than raid logger who does t4 once a week.

Population isn't growing. Every action taken to stimulate activity is worth taken. Especially if with relics exchanges would be possible to fake new content by adding new items more often than new raids. It'd give reasons to repeat old fights and creating new items takes way less time than new instance with new mechanics.
    Last edited by bogus; 5th June 2014 at 09:57.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

How about do it....let's say....for FUN?! O.O

Like Joel said,if you don't like the game you are not forced to play it.People forgot the most important thing in this game,to play it for fun instead of logging 1 or 2 times a week for t4 and then quit AoC like...well... *blank space* ... So i personally don't care if doesn't give t4 tokens....which would be the most stupid thing that they could implement,cause the most important is to have fun doing t1,t2 and so on than doing it cause you are lootwhores/raidloggers.
    Though if we could convert that to kithai rares,exp aa points,aa exp pots,t3 relics and so on would be useful,ofc unless we are full aa and so on...in that case i don't know lol....but never for t3.5 or t4 stuff.Unless t5 is about to be deployed...lool

hehe Peace,ty funcom for the stuff so far
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 5th June 2014 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Make lower tier tokens relevant for buying accessoires/weapons from higher tier raids, e. g. w small T4 tokens + x T3 tokens + y T2 tokens + z T1 tokens to buy a T4 ring.
    I completely agree. Firstly about your thought about the conversion rate (A T1 raid needs to give at least 1 T4 or 2 T3 token to be some kind of incentive) but I like the idea you posted above a lot more.

For me personally T3/T4 tokens are not much of a incentive. I get 12 T4 tokens in about 3 hours if I do a T4 run with my guild. What would be very much an incentive for me is if I would need lower tier tokens to buy accessories or weapons. This would actually get me raiding in lower tiers with my well-geared chars.

Almost everyone wants at least 1 or 2 things on his/her main they have never been able to get their hands on due to bad luck or it being frowned upon if your class takes this. For me this would we the wisdom priest neck from Entity and the prot/hate neck from archfiend on my DT.

If I had to put values for your wxyz I would say 60 T4, 30 T3, 10 T2 and 7 T1 tokens for a T4/T3.5 weapon or accessory. This would force me to raid T4 or T3.5 quite regularly and do about 2 runs in all other tiers.

I think encouraging the end-game population to mix with the beginners is a very good idea to create a bigger player retention.
    - Beginners get better raids without ninja-looting: I would likely lead these T1/T2 raids myself.
    - Beginners get an idea what end-game characters are capable of, which can encourage them to practice and improve.
    - The veterans can give some advise to the beginners. Personally when people ask I don't mind sharing good builds or at the least they will see how a encounter is supposed to work.
    - They might apply to one of the guilds which will help them progress further.

Without a carrot dangling in front of me I just don't feel like putting in the time and effort to lead a T1/T2 which I have done dozens of times and I think many people feel the same way.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 5th June 2014 at 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    1:10 between tiers? You mean 1 simple relic t5 would cost 10000 t1. That's hilarious suggestion, because it would not change anything. 1:2 between tiers wouldn't be too generous. I'd love if eq. t1+t2+t3 provide more t4 tokens than t4 alone. Because someone who joins three raids a week is more valuable to community, so also for Funcom than raid logger who does t4 once a week.
    First I hope this system doesn't include T5 (if T5 ever is realised) and second I think last week I joined 2 T4 raids, 1 T3.5, 2 T3 and 1 T2. So As the most "valuable" player of the community I demmand you kneel down every time you cross with me in the game.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    First I hope this system doesn't include T5 (if T5 ever is realised) and second I think last week I joined 2 T4 raids, 1 T3.5, 2 T3 and 1 T2. So As the most "valuable" player of the community I demmand you kneel down every time you cross with me in the game.
    But...but...and if the toon is too short...does it have to kneel?

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Yes, raiding T3, T3.5 and T4 with your guild is valuable to the community in a certain way as you keep end-game guilds alive.

This new system with conversion would however encourage you to raid/lead T1/T2 on the characters you are serious with which helps the community a great deal more if you ask me.

I would not mind if the new system included T5 after a while too. Lets say 6 months after the first guild kills the last boss the tokens become available in this conversion system too.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo
    For me personally T3/T4 tokens are not much of a incentive.
    Then we use different definition of incentive. Forcing to do lower tier, because you won't be able to purchase certain reward isn't incentive. It's forcing.

And where is said than exchange ratio has to benefit only those who already are able to do all tiers and have access to all gear already. There is bigger population that do not have.

World bosses aren't so popular because their mechanic are fun. It's rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88
    First I hope this system doesn't include T5
    Then I will call you daydreamer who lost contact with reality. It's fact that T4 had worse population, than T3. And T3 had worse population than T2. Go check raid progress thread.

We have left few guilds who do T4. If only fraction from them will do and benefit from adding tier with Palace of Cetriss then all work done there is wasted. Just like Bat of Nergal revamp.
    Last edited by bogus; 5th June 2014 at 10:45.
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

World bosses aren't so popular because their mechanic are fun. It's rewards.
    That is the problem, horribly bad designed content that promotes lootwhores to put zero effort and claim their rewards by mindlessly playing lottery aka wold bosses.

We have left few guilds who do T4. If only fraction from them will do and benefit from adding tier with Palace of Cetriss then all work done there is wasted. Just like Bat of Nergal revamp.
    Partly agree with you that if content isnt used by majority of players it's wasted content (hello Lurker), but I fail too see how would token conversion from T1>T2>T3>T4>T5 make Cetriss or any other t5 instance in the future not wasted unless ppl have to go there and actually kill bosses for their rewards.
    Last edited by Redd; 5th June 2014 at 10:59. Reason: typo

Haha revamping old raids so they are more difficult. Lmao don't dumb them down in the first place then.

As for pvp streaks this is aoc not cod stupid idea and it will be badly implemented.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Redd. Two things. Lootwhore isn't someone who do things for loot. I would say it's normal behavior if you want to be rewarded for your activity. For me lootwhore is someone who avoids any activity that doesn't give them loot. Someone who who will join you only if they can get some new shiny epic, but will decline everything if they won't see place for their personal gain.

And about conversation t1->t5. Could be simple. Like Rare Relic/Tear. Let's leave that exclusive for certain tier. And make it required part not only for big pieces, but also weapons and accessories. But that just one of suggestion, first that comes to mind. There may be something better. But there is no need that all new gear, new combos, new vanity, new pets would need you to do newest tier if you don't have chance or skills to do that.

And ofc relics exchanges to highest tier don't need to be add same day with new raid. But e.q. 3 months of t5 simples being exclusive to Cetriss seems fair. Then comes vendor. Rare relics after year.
    Last edited by bogus; 5th June 2014 at 11:13.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast