Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning player question: How is the game nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Most of the vets like Wiild or Ersa and other furians either moved to crom or dont log on much/at all anymore.
    Ersa's on Crom now? The rascal hasn't said a word about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Ersa's on Crom now? The rascal hasn't said a word about it.
    No i think hes still on Fury☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

I know, the World boss itself is crap. However, it is nice to see together 8-10 crowded mirrors of game when the WB event starts on Crom.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

I havent played for a couple months, just started again last week, on Crom. Imho the population looks much better and healthier than before. Pve was always pretty crowded on Crom, it's hard not to find a group spot in peak times (it's even easier if you play mage, tos or maintank, those are always in short supply). Pvp wise I'm having fun, sometimes you meet blatant cheaters, sometimes afkers, but overall it's not that bad (think it was worse last year). Also you meet new ppl often. My only complaint is as always, too many stupid frekin rangers, they should be mass deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    My only complaint is as always, too many stupid frekin rangers, they should be mass deleted.
    Quoted for truth! Back to OP:

Quote Originally Posted by ThievesInc View Post
    I was thinking of rejoining the full subscription community again. Edit: Crom PVE server.

How is the player population/new content/aoc future/changes/etc. ??
    Population-wise, there's currently around 10 raid groups on Crom who have beaten one or more bosses in the current endgame raid (T6). So while the raiding community isn't as large as it once was, there are still a number of guilds who raid very actively. On top of that, people regularly organize PUG raids via global. You still have your lower-tier PUGs for T1 and T2, but nowadays you'll also find a lot of PUGs for T3.5 and T4, which were hit by the nerf hammer when FC introduced T6.

New content - difficult to say, since you don't mention when you last played.

Future and changes - not clear, as AoC's former lead developer just quit. We know Funcom are currently working on a raid finder and on a PvP and PvE arena system. There are two other major items (crafting revamp; Slithering Chaos dungeon) which have been in the works for a long time, but their current status is unclear. In his January letter, the new Game Director said that, once he manages to catch up with the status on the game, he will provide more details regarding future plans.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I'll just try to state my point of view as a returning player who was around when T3 was the thing.Me and couple of my friends decided to start playing AoC again and we tried all servers.Fury seems completely dead(pve&pvp),i have no idea why they keep it up instead of merge.Rage seemed like a good idea for us but the bounty system makes pretty much everything else useless(as far as levelling goes,can't judge how dungeons& raids go on Rage),so we finally went for only option,Crom.And boy were we surprised....Crom is flooded with life(not like in 2008,but still nice),you have people for every dungeon in game,always couple of Khitai HMs in chat and constant raids(every tier).Regarding pvp it seems only lvl 80s are getting played and i don't understand why since there's enough people of every level range.I guess that it's mostly due to constant 0/12 minis in sub 80s minis.When me and friends actually signed up for minis and made 5/12 it took us 10 min to get mini working and played 4-5 matches(level 19+).So i'm guessing people just need a bit of push and a bit of chat spam .Dungeons are truly fun in this game,especially when you forget them.Will judge again when i hit 80 but to be honest even though i was always pvp oriented in MMOs,Age of Conan stands out for me regarding pve and scenery.I enjoy every second of it.To summarize,if you're starting again currently,Crom is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    My only complaint is as always, too many stupid frekin rangers, they should be mass deleted.
    Word!
    And Conq with 2 Bubbles should be mass deleted.
    Also delete Demos with always speed and insta casts.
    And mass delete necros with pets and dots and ty ti ty.
    Delete please those evil sins that come outta stealth and kill mages in 3 hits.
    Ah I forgot: those frekin **** Hoxes has too much dps, please mass delete them.
    Delete [insertyourchoice]

all cc for every class should be deleted, it's freaking annoying. Let us fight in peace without silly interruptions every few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    all cc for every class should be deleted, it's freaking annoying. Let us fight in peace without silly interruptions every few seconds.
    Suggestions like this is like: wtf!
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast