Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Zerg finder t6 lady and lotus

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    We've spent whole evenings on Zelandra before

Not tried this Raid Finder yet, I've decided that the less painful approach to this is to wait a few days until a) nerf, or b) players get experienced.

So how is it? I reckon both Flames of Bel and that unholy aoe nuke is severely nerfed. What about shadow blades and neesa blades? Still double Hammer?
    Both blades did little damage, could pretty much let them hit you. Hammer just gave people knockbacks, no biggie.

The biggest problem with Zelandra will be coordinating hp % so you get max burn time on boss. Luckily we had mostly entire guild in raid finder, so we could use voice comm and 1 shot the boss in the usual 2 burn phases.

No way your normal raid finder pug will be able to do this without taking 15 mins.

The T6 raid finder needs to be nerfed. It takes 2-3 hours to clear the current raid finder (The Lady and The Lotus). Is it something easy that people should focus on and kill? Sure, but are they doing that? Nope. They are ALL taking 2-3 hours to down. Nothing can justify having to spend that kind of time on only 2 bosses. I say leave the difficult challenge to the real raid, and nerf these fights into the ground. At this point I don't know which ones worse. The Unicorns were hands down the worst until some idiot invented a strat on Zelandra where you kite Heng and burn Neesa, then that fight became just as terrible. Making it so both fights require a 5 stack for a pug raid. Where as using the proper strat on Zelandra I've seen downed with a 2 stack twice (the only two times I've seen the fight done properly). So yea, LOTS of time wasted on these two fights. Also a side note, I've been in a raid finder on the Unicorn fight where even with a 5 stack they were wiping. If with the most overpowered buff in the raid finder it's still challenging enough to wipe a raid, then it's simply to hard. Either reduce the health on these bosses, or raise the cap on the raid finder buff.

I'd rather they not nerf it. If people don't have the courtesy to show up with decent gear, read raid chat, and pay attention to a cast bar occasionally, so be it. I'd much rather they leave it as is than turn it into another world boss. As it is, either people will learn to do something other than get carried as they have in most of the game's content so far, or the raid will fail.

Changes I'd like to see would be dps having a minimum required HP in order to enter the instance, tanks have a minimum threshold for armor and prot, and healers have to have x amount of heal rating. That'll eliminate things like a tank I saw in RF yesterday with no better gear than level 70 crafted armor, or a rogue with 6k health who died almost immediately on every pull.

Raid kick is needed for afkers: its hard enough without having to carry a few people along.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsader View Post
    until some idiot invented a strat on Zelandra where you kite Heng and burn Neesa, then that fight became just as terrible. Making it so both fights require a 5 stack for a pug raid. Where as using the proper strat on Zelandra I've seen downed with a 2 stack twice (the only two times I've seen the fight done properly).
    Done both normal strat and RF strat on Zelandra. Kiting Heng is about equally fast but way way way more idiot proof. Normal strat took ages to explain and balancing with random dps doing random **** without voice com turned out to be next to impossible.

The RF version took about 10 seconds to explain: 'everyone first hit Neesa, when you can't hit Neesa you hit Zelandra.' Works like a charm every time. Did it once without any stacks, once with one stack. One raid did it in 10 min one in 15 min.
    All it requires is two tanks that are not 100% clueless. One to kite Heng in a decent place, one to tank Neesa in a OK spot so you don't end up with 15 blades going over Zelandra.
    Have fun trying to teach monkeys higher algebra, but for me raidfinder is enjoyable either way. I perfer easy monkey-proof tactics so we can get it over with fast.

The whole purpose FC told us the raidfinder had is a sham anyways. Lets face it; none of the people in raidfinder get any more ready to do a real raid by participating.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 16th August 2016 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Raid kick is needed for afkers: its hard enough without having to carry a few people along.
    Yea AFKer's are a problem, but Raid Kick would be abused. Imagine how many trolls would sign up as raid leader just to raid kick people.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Done both normal strat and RF strat on Zelandra. Kiting Heng is about equally fast but way way way more idiot proof. Normal strat took ages to explain and balancing with random dps doing random **** without voice com turned out to be next to impossible.

The RF version took about 10 seconds to explain: 'everyone first hit Neesa, when you can't hit Neesa you hit Zelandra.' Works like a charm every time. Did it once without any stacks, once with one stack. One raid did it in 10 min one in 15 min.
    All it requires is two tanks that are not 100% clueless. One to kite Heng in a decent place, one to tank Neesa in a OK spot so you don't end up with 15 blades going over Zelandra.
    Have fun trying to teach monkeys higher algebra, but for me raidfinder is enjoyable either way. I perfer easy monkey-proof tactics so we can get it over with fast.

The whole purpose FC told us the raidfinder had is a sham anyways. Lets face it; none of the people in raidfinder get any more ready to do a real raid by participating.
    Then you and I have gone into very different raid finders. Because the kite strat is becoming the way people wanna do it, and every time it requires a 5 stack. As I am typing this in fact, I'm in a raid that's wiping on Zelandra with a 4 stack using the kiting strat, trying to reach a 5 stack. They reached the enrage period (this boss enrages incase you aren't aware) when at a 3 stack. So I have yet to see it do better than the normal method. Normal method you get more of a burn on Zelandra due to less damage deflection shield, so the fight goes quicker.

yes. with normal strat. you down lady hp for 20-25%, kite strat only 5-10%. but with +/- low dps, better do normal. imo

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Done both normal ...

/agree ~ not sure why someone who, evidently, has already been in these raids would suffer thru with a PUG. If you don't enjoy the content as its laid before you; why are you bothering?

There's got to be a breaking point & I think FUNCOM has the rewards measured out right. No ones walking away with T6 gear from RF. They could nerf the current fight ~ but its subjective to just how much. So instead of saying "nerf nerf nerf" ~ give feedback that they can actually use.

*edit*
    Damn ~ gotta stop letting people take my account & posting on my behalf!

/troll-hat back on
    Last edited by Reinauer; 16th August 2016 at 17:23.

I'll skip this one. People getting into the RF with a "wipe 5x before any effort" mindset...

I just got into raid with x5 buff because people were signing off and we still didn't finish it - tanks had enough and were first to leave. Then I got into another RF and saw people calling to deliberately wipe to get 5 stacks - something died in me. Maybe it's because a few days ago I saw a 100% heal rating PoM in the arena with SoJ dex ring and vanity shoes in power slot and lvl 80 necro that didn't buff and use dots...

BTW: it's funny to get new people into real T4 that are convinced it's like RF.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 16th August 2016 at 17:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    I'll skip this one. People getting into the RF with a "wipe 5x before any effort" mindset...

BTW: it's funny to get new people into real T4 that are convinced it's like RF.
    It's even funnier if they don't even know where the entrance to the real jade citadel is... but still have almost a full set of that gear.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast