Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter of the Month from game director

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    Damn I was not expecting this. So basically the news is they can't write a letter with some news because there is no news beside the news about some arena that will come the in near future which is to be considered a good news as it as vague as it gets.

On other news, most players in this post have been arguing about gear stats and content which probably 5% of the pop is actually playing thinking it is like number one priority while staying completely oblivious on what the future will hold for this game and the fact that the company doesn't seems to care much or give the impression, holding off any communication with the player base.
    Or basically "those oblivious people" have known that fact for like a year now ,which is that there is no news apart from what cirith and partly pyzerius were working on while constantly pointing out on various threads what "good changes for the game" would be to get the answer of "limited manpower/code limitations/tool limitations and have come to terms with it.Non of those oblivious ones ever expected a letter or real news or development after Cirith left.

Yet the same not oblivious well informed people keep asking for non existing news every month like their life depends on it...

I want to know who is to blame for the fact that as the priority has been selected World boss stuff and Achievements with hundreds of titles, vanity gear and pets? Instead, to perform, for example, crafting revamp, development of PvP or new AA...
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

And I just want a reason to why I should throw another €80 or so at Funcom due october to renew my annual premium sub that has been running since november 08.

The silent treatment isn't helping...

Guys, I understand team is small and shared with TSW, but this "communication" strategy in this situation is not helpful to situation...

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Or basically "those oblivious people" have known that fact for like a year now ,which is that there is no news apart from what cirith and partly pyzerius were working on while constantly pointing out on various threads what "good changes for the game" would be to get the answer of "limited manpower/code limitations/tool limitations and have come to terms with it.Non of those oblivious ones ever expected a letter or real news or development after Cirith left.

Yet the same not oblivious well informed people keep asking for non existing news every month like their life depends on it...
    probably you are right and I apologize for my tone, but then I ask why appoint a new game director in January if there is no future development plans or there is no team/tools capability for any development? Why making a statement that GD is catching up with the state of the game and soon will make announcements on what are their plans for the game in 2016, but 2 months after still no news? It's not like my life depends on it, I would just be happy to know that the game is advancing instead of being left as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Yeah, it's well past the point of "early next week" and has gotten to the end of said week. It's been pretty crazy here at the Durham office with our projects and we apologize for the delay in getting some more communications out regarding upcoming content in AoC. The good news is that we're looking to have the arena system on Testlive in the near future, although I'm not going to be able to give an exact date on that. :/
    Sounds like what was once said about the crafting revamp. Long ago it was supposed to be on Testlive in the near future. The far Future has arrived and still nothing.

I'll believe it when I see it. Nice to know you hope/think it is nearly done though.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Yeah, it's well past the point of "early next week" and has gotten to the end of said week. It's been pretty crazy here at the Durham office with our projects and we apologize for the delay in getting some more communications out regarding upcoming content in AoC. The good news is that we're looking to have the arena system on Testlive in the near future, although I'm not going to be able to give an exact date on that. :/
    Near future means before or after Funcom's Summer break?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I would like to give my vote for Shax84 as a game director!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

So too busy to do anything but TSW gets a dev Q and A

https://forums.thesecretworld.com/sh...82#post1996582

Wish we had devs to actually ask questions to, if there are even any, oh but wait, they can't be bothered.

Can't even be bothered to put a recycled letter up.

Clearly the game is going to be shut down soon.

I am glad Odon got right on doing anything with the community.

/end
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Hai, it's mid March already ! :3
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast