Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 posts from FC devs on TSW forums

You can always go to TSW forums and try to troll the hell out and see if that helps. Maybe they will come here and post something lol
    HoX - Emboror -

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post

Why don't any concept artists, ui designer, programmers, etc. post on here? Always at least one single funcom post a day on the tsw forums. Nothing here at all.
    You are absolutely right there should be more dev posts here too.
    For reasons I won't go into it hasn't always been possible to do so though.

But hey lets take a leap of faith and try and change that.
    For my part at least I'll try and be a bit more active on the live forums (in general test live forums are easier to post on).

FYI its also fine to send private messages if you feel there is something really pressing that might have been overlooked by us. If its something within my area of expertise then I'll certainly try to answer (can't guarantee it though as I do have other work to do).

Nice, welcome here.

Personally i would be content with summaries and faq posts and better patch notes here (especially when it comes to big changes). I don't think it is your job actually, but any communication is appreciated! And even linking to TL discussions here is good...it tends to be a closed community unnecessarily, imo.

Here are just some questions:
    - how would you as player report a bug and suggestion? (now that the old bug report thread has been removed with the forums)
    - how can the players (especially f2p ones) help you in the work? (surveys, testing, suggestions, reporting, any special feedback you'd like?)

And some personal interests:
    - how are you viewing random generated content (is this discussed even? can range from gear to encounters to fullfledged instances)
    - how do you view scaling instances (like forgotten city, dead mans isle etc.)?
    - any chance for small group content or more access options to content? (for example group access to dead mans isle, general rp access to all instances (empty of course), different difficulty choices in general like the old epic/normal)
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st November 2013 at 17:40.

Your take on :

Dungeon finder
    Vanity weapons

Rest i'm good with the current state of the game

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post

For my part at least I'll try and be a bit more active on the live forums (in general test live forums are easier to post on).

FYI its also fine to send private messages if you feel there is something really pressing that might have been overlooked by us. If its something within my area of expertise then I'll certainly try to answer (can't guarantee it though as I do have other work to do).
    /hugz

u are my fav dev
    Retired

Funcom

Standard disclaimer these are my personal opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post

Here are just some questions:
    - how would you as player report a bug and suggestion? (now that the old bug report thread has been removed with the forums)
    - how can the players (especially f2p ones) help you in the work? (surveys, testing, suggestions, reporting, any special feedback you'd like?)
    Best suggestion to this is the testlive forums for those that can access them.
    Otherwise private messages are hard to miss Even if its just to say hey take a look at this thread. Of course the more private messages I/We get the harder it is to read them all so bear that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    - how do you view scaling instances (like forgotten city, dead mans isle etc.)?
    - any chance for small group content or more access options to content? (for example group access to dead mans isle, general rp access to all instances (empty of course), different difficulty choices in general like the old epic/normal)
    With things like offline levels I'm not 100% convinced these are the best use of development time. I'd rather provide things that are at least intended for level 80s. Having said that the next content release will at least be accessible without 'hard' level requirements.

In terms of the different difficulty tiers that's what the unchained modes are supposed to be providing. Ideally I'd like that to stretch into solo and mini-group content too it just a case of when to prioritize doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by cristian29 View Post
    Your take on :

Dungeon finder
    Vanity weapons
    Nobody wants a dungeon finder more than I do, unfortunately its a really big ask on the code side with the way the engine works.

The intention is that you will have some freedom of choice regarding weapon skins in the new tradeskill system.

Welcome to the boards, Cirith! Hope you're flameproof, as the denizens of this little pit does tend to play rough

My suggestion: I'd love to see something akin to the Alien-raids from AO being possible in the guild cities, and I'd love to see the same options in terms of the chat-system being imported from AO (custom chat-channels etc).
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Nobody wants a dungeon finder more than I do
    Whats about item shop telepots? Isn't that wase of money when we get dungeon finder?
    We will be Serious after death.

You are highly appreciated for coming on the forums!

Any thoughts on the state of pvp, and future updates for pvp?

Funcom

Nobody wants a dungeon finder more than I do, unfortunately its a really big ask on the code side with the way the engine works.
    Ok what that means is I would love one but its too much code work to make it ever likely to happen, for example TSW does not have one either. If it did we would of course have to look at the teleports previously bought from the item store.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Any thoughts on the state of pvp, and future updates for pvp?
    PvP isn't my area of expertise so it isn't a good idea for me to comment on it too much. Unchained PvP is still in the works (I really can't say more than that and I know its not the answer anyone wants to hear), from my own personal experiences in game it is something I would very much like to see too.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast