Thread: H.P. Lovecraft + Robert E. Howard

Default H.P. Lovecraft + Robert E. Howard

This is a thread where all the known crossovers between REH and H.P. Lovecraft can be recorded.

Please use this format below.

(Subject)+(REH/Story title) + (HPL/story title) + Details/commentary

Example:

Serpent men of Valusia + REH/The Shadow Kingdom + HPL/The Haunter in the Dark.

The serpent men of valusia worshipped one of the great old ones trapped inside the shining trapezohedron that could cut through time and space. Apparently ended up in Rhode Island where a one Robert Blake went insane from it.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 10th March 2013 at 17:56.

OP should also add Clark Ashton Smith to the list, since that author wrote a great deal more about prehistoric fantasy that overlapped the Howard continuity.

That's an impressive collection of allusions. It makes me really happy to see the quests so closely read. Thank you

And I like this thread. The place where Howard and Lovecraft meet is where I've spent most of my time writing for AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivnomancer View Post
    That's an impressive collection of allusions. It makes me really happy to see the quests so closely read. Thank you

And I like this thread. The place where Howard and Lovecraft meet is where I've spent most of my time writing for AoC.
    Oh hell yes. I think Howard's connections with his contemporaries is what really separates his work from many who followed, for me. His goblins and dragons and orcs weren't goblins and dragons and orcs, they were star-spawned monstrosities that predated life one earth and, if one follows the vague continuity of the combined universe, even though Conan and Kull defeated them for a time, the monsters still survived into the modern day.
    I don't make points I make dents.