Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Premade Tournament - Crom server

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    i fully agree with last reward, priests should sacrifice themselves to support quite some times. Rewarding least deaths is like giving an incentive to priests not to support properly.
    The idea was not to reward the healer who has less deaths (that would be silly yeah ).

The idea was to check the team which got less deaths overall, and reward all its healers.
    Like when on football you call the "best defence", the defence department of the team who takes less goals of the league.

Of course it's not that exact, it was just an idea to add some more type of reward also for healers.

About players / characters list and TT I want to think a bit and eventually get more feedback.

Buff potions are allowed.
    I know it can create some unbalance, but it's too hard to check every player.

Waiting for more feedback.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 12th June 2014 at 09:41.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    The idea was not to reward the healer who has less deaths (that would be silly yeah ).

The idea was to check the team which got less deaths overall, and reward all its healers.
    Like when on football you call the "best defence", the defence department of the team who takes less goals of the league.
    Ah, thats fine i think then. Quite good thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    About players / characters list
    Thing is, if teams sign up as chars and not players, there might be a problem with setup eventually. It is not set in stone that all 10 chars listed can be online every day at the same time. Lets say teams sign up with chrs, day of matches come and 6 ppl are online from said team but no healer char available. What you do?

It certainly gives you more flexibility if you can use your alts. This way noone will have to postpone a match due to lacking certain archetype (mainly priests and tanks tbh - you cant possibly premade without them).
    Last edited by AggroMagnet; 12th June 2014 at 11:28.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Food buffs etc should be fine.
    But 5% crit pots and combat rating pots? that creates a massive imbalance. It's not hard to see if someone uses it, its really the first thing I see when i click on a guy. Makes no sense having this major imbalance in a tournament.

Also i like the removal of class stacking for rogue and mages, is great.

Though it would be nice if there was a way to allow 1 guy to be allowed to play more then one char without taking up more then 1 slot on a 10 player team.

Quote Originally Posted by EnReX View Post
    Food buffs etc should be fine.
    But 5% crit pots and combat rating pots? that creates a massive imbalance. It's not hard to see if someone uses it, its really the first thing I see when i click on a guy. Makes no sense having this major imbalance in a tournament.

Also i like the removal of class stacking for rogue and mages, is great.
    About pots, I agree that they create unbalance.
    But it's really too hard to manage that stuff.
    You need a screenshot with timestamp to report pots using, and it can happen that someone just forgets to remove a pot (it would happen for sure) and then some action should be taken against his team (which would be game lost), with following discussion, rage, flame etc.

I'd like to keep stuff as simple as possible to be honest, though I totally agree that the best would be no pots use.

I hope you can understand.

If more people insists, we can adopt a more strict rule, but then it would be very strict (every rule we agreed must be clear to understand and easy to apply): if a screenshot with timestamp is provided of a player using a pot (blue or green), then his team looses the game. Period.

For now, let's keep that pots are allowed.

About class stack, I'm very scared about you and your brother both playing sins

More in general I'm a bit scared about some other stack aswell.

Anyway, some compromise is needed, and will be fun to see some good gameplay by good players (if on the farmed side, let's take it with a smile ).
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 12th June 2014 at 11:45.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by EnReX View Post
    Though it would be nice if there was a way to allow 1 guy to be allowed to play more then one char without taking up more then 1 slot on a 10 player team.
    I thought a bit about this, and unfortunately list must stick with characters and not with players.

Reason is simple: there is no way to check what characters are really behind a player nick.
    So for example you could list "Player A" with 20 chars, and no way to check if that spot is really taken by one person or more.

So we must stick with 12 spots (so +2 compared to original idea) to fill with characters name, not players name.
    Alts of a same player take one spot.
    It's a limit that adds some depth aswell imo.

I updated first post.

hmmm... I want to be on Crom now! If you really manage to let all this work and there will be premades, it will be hell of fun I think Nice work anyway, really nice work Korando!
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

So something like 2x sin, 2x pom, dt, necro is possible.

That's retarded if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    hmmm... I want to be on Crom now! If you really manage to let all this work and there will be premades, it will be hell of fun I think Nice work anyway, really nice work Korando!
    Thank you very much, appreciated

Oh and btw.. Come back There are spots for you ^^

To be honest I'm not sure yet it will work.
    Biggest risks are linked to players behaviour, so it's simple as this: if someone likes some stuff like this to happen and wants to have fun, he should just avoid flaming, both winners and loosers, insults, rage quitting and all kid behaviour like that.

About this, rules will be very strict.. I will post something, and of course feedback is wellcone.

But players should act smartly indipendently from rule and following actions.

Let's see..
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 12th June 2014 at 12:16.

no matter what rules you make people will still cry. just stick with what rules you made and tell people not to enter if it is not what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    So something like 2x sin, 2x pom, dt, necro is possible.

That's retarded if you ask me.
    aww come off it lol.

conq/guard/bear/pom/ranger/barb

would **** all over that team.

stop been so negative and looking for everything and anything to cry about. MAKE THAT 2 SIN 2 POM TEAM IF YOU THINK IT IS SO OP.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast