Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tos Population

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    I heard ToS is good in lowbie mini games.
    Yeah,

http://goo.gl/TDM4dS - for 39 minis you have SO much.

Crits, something many classes have not even developed.
    Long duration CCs, teamwide unstun. Shame about the removal of Charged Blast root, but it was really too much.
    Heals, and PotSR resist will allow you to be so agressive vs. certain classes.

ToS population is healthy, but 2 things:
    - poeple ask for tos more often than it's necessary - seeing all those spams with "AoK 5/6 needs ToS to go" for 20-30mins make me cry sometimes... after healthy portion of laughs
    - we have 2014. 4 years since last expansion, 2 years after last raid added. We all play 4-10th toon already. I mean is good to play ton you picked as your 'main' but it feels weird to you play toon with all posible gear, 1000 mastery and 5000 expertise floatin when there are others waiting on character screeen. I could probably fill whole raid with full Dragon King geared toses from one guild only.
    - tos is very potent but it best strengths aren't clearly visible on parses
    - fail tanks blame healers for fails so if you want to avoid dealing with idiots you don't play healers
    Last edited by bogus; 3rd July 2014 at 15:27.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

I have an 80 tos on my free to play account. Its locked and I don't even miss it.

Class don't really beneficied of the "revamp" gameplay-wise, except fangs which is awesome to play, rest is kinda the same as 2008 or worst as before.
    But according to alts tos, class is fine and great fun every times. Maybe they're right... from an alt-perspective.
    Last edited by Bibik; 3rd July 2014 at 20:44.

Thank you for the input guys, I agree that we have tons of alt TOS, just have very few that will play the TOS as a main in pvp and PVE. TOS agro is really part of the issue I believe, and for those that say "don't do anything, give tanks a chance" I say...DUH. My TOS can be standing still doing nothing ...no heals going, NOTHING and still have the boss come to me and swipe me a few times before a tank pulls him off. PVP is NO FUN IN PUG. LOL Again Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    Thank you for the input guys, I agree that we have tons of alt TOS, just have very few that will play the TOS as a main in pvp and PVE. TOS agro is really part of the issue I believe, and for those that say "don't do anything, give tanks a chance" I say...DUH. My TOS can be standing still doing nothing ...no heals going, NOTHING and still have the boss come to me and swipe me a few times before a tank pulls him off. PVP is NO FUN IN PUG. LOL Again Thank you!
    well, its a question of mindset i guess. this -and most other comments of 'regular' toses- sound like you dont even want to survive but rather wanna pull aggro and die. at single target raidbosses with evenly skilled/geared tanks i think its impossible to pull aggro if not due to stupid play~ 1.6-max 2k dps -which are not that easy to achieve- are not enough to pull aggro from 1k dps 2h conqs, 600++ dps guards or dts who deal just as much damage as you do; its a question of maths.
    the only way to get aggro is by 1. bursting out everything in the first 10 seconds (which is stupid by itself cause you wont be buffed up to the maximum yet and the boss wont have all debuffs running at that point) or 2. you dont watch the tanks properly when they have to assemble some aggro rotation due to boss mechanics, where one or two tanks are to far behind the other.

for trash fights its again a question of observation, positioning and resource management: "hey do i run into the mobs with stormfield active, blocking the space between them so they will never stand together, while the tank desperately tries to position them properly; oh and hey while am at it i activate aura and coils cause of MAXDPS!!!1114"

or do i wait till they are all bunched up, prepare the damage via curse, root them when they are perfectly crowded up, position myself so that the mobs will be kicked against me so that they wont fly too far and seperate thusly; and isnt it smarter to spend only aura on this one group and keep coils for the next so that i deal more even and controlable damage but higher damage overall?

my favourite is even slotting idol of dark rejuv. for the trash in carvans hideout, t2, aok etc and to use to safe myself and even tank the mobs! i never die at the trash, i'm actually playing extremly progressive, and the mobs are always positioned perfectly so that the whole team can deal max damage.

these are the kind of competitions that make playing tos pretty joyful rather than 'rofl-burstdamage-6klife-dead-lol'

The best tool a ToS has is the self rez, best way to agro reset lol.

Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    well, its a question of mindset i guess. this -and most other comments of 'regular' toses- sound like you dont even want to survive but rather wanna pull aggro and die. at single target raidbosses with evenly skilled/geared tanks i think its impossible to pull aggro if not due to stupid play~ 1.6-max 2k dps -which are not that easy to achieve- are not enough to pull aggro from 1k dps 2h conqs, 600++ dps guards or dts who deal just as much damage as you do; its a question of maths.
    the only way to get aggro is by 1. bursting out everything in the first 10 seconds (which is stupid by itself cause you wont be buffed up to the maximum yet and the boss wont have all debuffs running at that point) or 2. you dont watch the tanks properly when they have to assemble some aggro rotation due to boss mechanics, where one or two tanks are to far behind the other.

for trash fights its again a question of observation, positioning and resource management: "hey do i run into the mobs with stormfield active, blocking the space between them so they will never stand together, while the tank desperately tries to position them properly; oh and hey while am at it i activate aura and coils cause of MAXDPS!!!1114"

or do i wait till they are all bunched up, prepare the damage via curse, root them when they are perfectly crowded up, position myself so that the mobs will be kicked against me so that they wont fly too far and seperate thusly; and isnt it smarter to spend only aura on this one group and keep coils for the next so that i deal more even and controlable damage but higher damage overall?

my favourite is even slotting idol of dark rejuv. for the trash in carvans hideout, t2, aok etc and to use to safe myself and even tank the mobs! i never die at the trash, i'm actually playing extremly progressive, and the mobs are always positioned perfectly so that the whole team can deal max damage.

these are the kind of competitions that make playing tos pretty joyful rather than 'rofl-burstdamage-6klife-dead-lol'
    I love my TOS, I have four of them. I can DPS and HEAL with any big dog TOS in game, I know how to play it, if you can't understand when we tell you we are not using anything and get initial agro and we are not going all out and still pulling agro, then learn to listen...maybe you don't ever have these problems, but if you don't I bet most good TOS will out DPS you, I pull less on my full t4 tos than on my baby tos's because of the minus hate on the gear, but none of this is really the point. I WAS WONDERING WHY SO MANY OTHERS WERE NOT PLAYING IT.
    (Dodgeball was one of the best TOS in game both PVP and PVE, so he does deserve a little credit when he says something).
    Last edited by sugarspice; 3rd July 2014 at 23:44.

I love my TOS, I have four of them. I can DPS and HEAL with any big dog TOS in game, I know how to play it. I WAS WONDERING WHY SO MANY OTHERS WERE NOT PLAYING IT.
    well if you know how to handle the tos i'm not sure why you're having aggro probs, since there are so many outs: power of serpent ring for magic bosses, serpent transm. for obvious reasons, fangs, samrt play etc

to answer your question: tos might seem a bit dull at first and second glance, and i must admit it tends to get boring if you dont check out fancy stuff like that posted above -though its a perfect char for leading raids pretty much for the reasons lurvi stated ^^

after all its no melee and melee is imho the part of the game which offers most depth (shield system and tanking)

//postedit stuff:
    i cannot take this "best of XY blabla" serious -seriously what determines best anyway ^^ this has always proven wrong/odd when someone said stuff like that. oh and its nice that you can judge my skill level without knowing me or my tos ^^ i've played this game way too much and dedicated to be of any average skill
    Last edited by potlatch; 3rd July 2014 at 23:54.

Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    well if you know how to handle the tos i'm not sure why you're having aggro probs, since there are so many outs: power of serpent ring for magic bosses, serpent transm. for obvious reasons, fangs, samrt play etc

to answer your question: tos might seem a bit dull at first and second glance, and i must admit it tends to get boring if you dont check out fancy stuff like that posted above -though its a perfect char for leading raids pretty much for the reasons lurvi stated ^^

after all its no melee and melee is imho the part of the game which offers most depth (shield system and tanking)

//postedit stuff:
    i cannot take this "best of XY blabla" serious -seriously what determines best anyway ^^ this has always proven wrong/odd when someone said stuff like that. oh and its nice that you can judge my skill level without knowing me or my tos ^^ i've played this game way too much and dedicated to be of any average skill
    I really can't take you too seriously either as it was a simple question as to why people are not playing TOS as main toon, and yes I know how and when to use bubbles, and its NOT ABOUT ME...I PLAY THE TOS, obviously you have tons of folks playing a main TOS in your guild. I WAS ASKING IF IT WAS A PROBLEM ISOLATED TO MY GUILD OR A CLASS PROBLEM! I was not asking how to PLAY IT, whos better at it OR ANYTHING ELSE. I am sure you are the best tos ever and don't even use your spark because your so good, but that still doesn't answer my question.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast