Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scarlet gear vs t4

Default scarlet gear vs t4

I hear 2 things comming from sins.
    A. sins get noticble differenc appx 20 dps
    B. sins don't get noticble difference in 20 dps

If B is right, then why wouldn't sin trade out wrist, belt and sholders (t4) for scarelet pcs for the huge boost in prot. sense so much of sins dps comes from weapon damage and feat points, (i.e. weapon damage and combat rating from feat points) then why do sins use t4 boots, wrist & sholders?

Arguments
    1. use pvp gear for tenacity = I ask why sacrifice dps and prot for such little tenacity? (remember we aren't talking main pcs)
    2. be so quick and fast you don't take damage = Unless you are kuzo or some real pro sin; sins die way too much.

I understand that sins have extra prot in feat points but still if you get about 350 prot from those 3pcs = about 5% prot, for saccrivice of about maybe (guessing) 20dps which will bring sin from about 470 to 450 why not use extra prot.

speaking from own experience, I remember when I was a lowbie and I died 15 times with 1 kill and died every time in about .5 secs. This is when I had .5% prot.
    Now that I have 29% prot. I survive WAY MORE. (that's with t4 chest/leggs) so I know that a little prot goes a long long way.
    If I used all dps gear like sins It wouldn't take much for me to die from half wit caster. so why don't sins use a little more prot to stay in combat a lot longer without dieing.

don't say somethign stupid like avoid hits when casts are instant, dots always tick and you can't avoid a cast unless you hide behidn something in which case you aren't attacking. I have too many smart** reply to my posts.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

This got me thinking: is it possible to mix T4 and SC so there is at least same DPS and prot as T3 pvp item? Lets find out!

(just armors, no accessories):

T3 PVP armor (damage and survivality)

2296 Armor
    1154 Critigation Amount
    80.25 DPS
    +2968 Health
    +264 PvP Armor
    +719 PvP Protection

T4 + SC (damage and survivality)

2518 Armor
    2186 Critigation Amount
    79.58 DPS
    +2784 Health
    +561 Protection

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....6eD5GZxR8loBku

Pretty much I started the build with FULL T4 and added SC pices until the armor buld (link above) matched T3 pvp armor in terms of DPS.

As it clearly shows the T3 pvp armor vs T4 + SC is superior. T3 pvp armor, at same 80 DPS mark, has whooping 719 prot vs mere 561 prot.

So lets try another build: more T4 and less SC so it will be better than T3 for at least 10 DPS:

T4 + SC (more damage than survivality):

2577 Armor
    2029 Critigation Amount
    89.98 DPS
    +2992 Health
    +226 Protection

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....6ei8h0If5fuhm6

So when T3 pvp is matched with T4 + SC mix the T4 is better by 10 DPS, but has more than three times less protection. Not a major upgrade in DPS but HUGE loss of protection.

Now lets check out how T4 stacks up to T3 pvp:

T4 armor:

2600 Armor
    1921 Critigation Amount
    98.27 DPS
    +3144 Health

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....oObTD48jGi8%3D

So T3 pvp armor vs T4 pvp armor is a balanced match: T3 is superior to T4 in terms of protection, but T4 has crushing advantage of almost 20 more DPS.

So now lets try the middle road: T3 items mixed with T4 items so it has 10 more DPS than pure T3 but 10 less than pure T4:

Pvp T3 + T4 (damage and survivality):

2405 Armor
    1484 Critigation Amount
    89.62 DPS
    +3120 Health
    +1147 Tenacity
    +161 PvP Armor
    +472 PvP Protection

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....QW7MxqLv6XjhpT

So best balanced set is T3 pvp + T4. Moreso T3 pvp + T4, at same 90 mark, beats T4 + SC to the ground with more than twice the protection and still retaining some tenacity.

Of course you could play A LOT with different stats via weapons and accessories, but it would be a very time consuming so I sticked to armors alone.

thank for nice thread idea.
    Retired

An idea poped into my mind:

what would be the BEST "starter" gear mix for aspiring pvp assassins that can only dream of pvp T3 and T4?

T3 PVP armor (damage and survivality)
    2296 Armor
    1154 Critigation Amount
    80.25 DPS
    +2968 Health
    +264 PvP Armor
    +719 PvP Protection

T4 + SC (damage and survivality)

2518 Armor
    2186 Critigation Amount
    79.58 DPS
    +2784 Health
    +561 Protection

Brittle Blade + PvP T1 (damage and survivality)
    2097 Armor
    809 Critigation Amount
    79.36 DPS
    +2496 Health
    +244 PvP Armor
    +472 PvP Protection

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory....QD3AwYnA%3D%3D

This is CRAZY but, ignoring other stuff like health and armor or crit rating, Brittle Blade + PvP T1 has same DPS and only 89 less protection than T4 + SC.

This combination is pretty much a way to go for new assassin that are pvp lvl4 (or want to buy 3 epics from the store).
    Retired

if ur truly needy on protection, just go t4 caster dags, better dps, protection, crit dmg and crit rating then pvp t1 or t2 dags

at the end of the day, if u want gear, always prioritise pve

Way to go to ruin ur game play if you go for t4 mage daggers

Protection from intelligence? Almost zero % and you don't gain any dmg + from those daggers

I don't see why Sins need a whole lot of protection. As a demo I can barely burn one down unless I catch them with DP on c/d, AoD on c/d, and LO on it's limited c/d. Of course a bad sin none of the above matters, they die like anyone else.

Sometimes you can finish one off but going after one is really a waste of time since you can only damage them every 20 seconds with LO, your much better off kiting the sin and trying to get your teams attention for help or just focus someone else while you kite them, it's really all about outlasting DP and LO and that really comes down to mostly luck, not really so much skill.

The only protection need I see is that necro dots will still linger after all of your immunites wear off and that's what kills sins the most by a caster, and maybe some stupid T4 geared crits like Shockstrike hitting for 4k, or the 4k Icestrike, but it's not like a few extra % in protection will do much for that. So my point is, why trade out some DPS and a ton of Crit rating for a small increase to protection when you already have built-in immunities? Seems like a waste, at least for pvp anyways.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd November 2013 at 03:58.
    Doomsayer 2008

Its not mages job to try kill sin, its not like i focus soldiers or barbs with my sin either? good barb who get supported by team puts down sin in 5 secend, but i dont create threads from it, omg soldier two shotted me
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Survivality
    Will you allow me to put the "bi-" in your survivability? :P
    Jou ppl need to undstand that it took great skill to play the Ranjor.please stop qq bout ranjor.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I don't see why Sins need a whole lot of protection. As a demo I can barely burn one down unless I catch them with DP on c/d, AoD on c/d, and LO on it's limited c/d. Of course a bad sin none of the above matters, they die like anyone else.

Sometimes you can finish one off but going after one is really a waste of time since you can only damage them every 20 seconds with LO, your much better off kiting the sin and trying to get your teams attention for help or just focus someone else while you kite them, it's really all about outlasting DP and LO and that really comes down to mostly luck, not really so much skill.

The only protection need I see is that necro dots will still linger after all of your immunites wear off and that's what kills sins the most by a caster, and maybe some stupid T4 geared crits like Shockstrike hitting for 4k, or the 4k Icestrike, but it's not like a few extra % in protection will do much for that. So my point is, why trade out some DPS and a ton of Crit rating for a small increase to protection when you already have built-in immunities? Seems like a waste, at least for pvp anyways.
    once uv played sin, and start playing another class, i find sin really easy to dispose of, especially with range

as a demo i most definately want to fight a sin before a conq, they die faster, silences are equivalent to resists, and same goes for range, conq will bubble more frequently etc. so yea casters can be trouble to sin.

about gear: just go t4, thats all u need to think of, most ppl play for the pugs, for those u need to have hide, ftd, dww and thats it
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 22nd November 2013 at 08:52.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    once uv played sin, and start playing another class, i find sin really easy to dispose of, especially with range

as a demo i most definately want to fight a sin before a conq, they die faster, silences are equivalent to resists, and same goes for range, conq will bubble more frequently etc. so yea casters can be trouble to sin.

about gear: just go t4, thats all u need to think of, most ppl play for the pugs, for those u need to have hide, ftd, dww and thats it
    I think you missed my point, what I am saying is that the "window" to actually damage a sin with magic damage is pretty small when LO and DP are up, and since the nature of pug minis is that most sins don't engage unless it's cool down time, to me it's a waste of time to target them until 20 seconds after they pop. I'm not saying do not target them, but you cannot always damage them mainly because of the random nature of LO, which is why I'm saying it's better to give someone else your damage when it's super immunity time for a sin rather than just kite them and not damage anyone-which is why when I am on a team with a ranger, 2 tanks, and a barb it should not be me as a demo going for the sin other than him being in aoe or is already getting focused. See my point?

So if physical damage types actually played their part and went for sins rather than casters trying to do it themselves (when sin already has built in immunities) why do they need protection gear above AA wards, you could always slot CW as well, unslotting PS would not really lower you dps that much since it's only critical damage rating, and in t4 gear you would still have plenty.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd November 2013 at 09:34.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast